The Real Reson I buy SVTWs

Started by Bud Kennedy, October 15, 2017, 08:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

So why am I buying the Daiwa SVTW103.  The real reason is that I can fish these reels for days and get controlled, smooth casts at any distance on just about any weight lure.  Adjustments are stupid easy and even an old geezer like me can figure them out.  The drag is smooth and easy as well I would call it very nice.

The real reason is plain and simple.  My skills are not the best but I can fish these reels for days on end and never have a backlash.  The SV Spool is the real deal and has improved my quality of life while fishing more than I ever imagined.  I don't know how long these reels will hold up but until I find out I will keep using them.  Just a great instrument for my skill level and it fits my hands perfectly. 

Believe me when I say it is nothing more than that but when you think about it, It is a lot.

zippyduck

I couldn't have said it better. I had been using spinning rods for a long time and they made easier for my untrained hands. Yes I other reels and they are all good but the Tat svtw is the easiest to use.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

SteelHorseCowboy

Benefits are one thing, they're icing on the cake. And it sounds like you have many great reasons to love that reel. But at the end of the day, that "personal fit" and how well something suits specific needs is almost always the deciding factor for me. Sounds like that reel suits your needs and fits you perfectly, keep on keeping on.

LgMouthGambler

Yep, damn near every amazing piece of Daiwa has been fit into that reel for the "workhorse" category. SV spool is something no other manufacturer is going to be able to replicate.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Mike Cork

Bud, if you get board, one cold day this winter, an in-depth review and how you enjoy these reels would make a great resource for the site and future anglers looking for a non professional pusher advertisement  :-*

Your blog needs an update  ;)

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Drake691

Once I sell these 3 Team Lews Lite's i'm buying the new Tatulas. I've had enough from Lew's
I have lots of great personality traits. Or as my doctor calls them, symptoms.

Bud Kennedy

I think I can do that after returning from Guntersville.  Really curious how they will handle what is expected to be some heavy duty work on the grass mats.  I am especially interested in having LMG giving them some special lube just to see how it works.  I was not gonna take any video equipment to Alabama but just might so I can try to document his reel service seminar.  Not sure how that will work out but it just may be worth a try.  Besides, you never know what strange and unusual events just need to be captured on the video.

zippyduck

Sounds like a good and bad choice Bud.  :shocking:  The reel seminar sounds great but from some of the stories of G-ville it could get someone in trouble. lo

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: zippyduck on October 16, 2017, 12:42:33 PM
Sounds like a good and bad choice Bud.  :shocking:  The reel seminar sounds great but from some of the stories of G-ville it could get someone in trouble. lo

Someone might wanna buy some extra E clips and bearing retainers.  ~roflmao
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Mike Cork

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 16, 2017, 01:57:06 PM
Someone might wanna buy some extra E clips and bearing retainers.  ~roflmao

Just bring a big magnet with you  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Lord knows the old eyes you'll have there with you won't be able to see them laying in the carpet  :surrender:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: zippyduck on October 16, 2017, 12:42:33 PM

Zippy, you would have to see it to believe it.  The guys can drink all afternoon and evening up until 3 am catch a few winks and are ready to hit the lake each morning after the posts and pans alarm goes off.  They seem to maintain their balance and seem to be functioning quite normal except for falling up the stairs or falling off the sofa.  I am sure it has taken them years of experience to attain such a level.  I am sure this rally will be quite different without Lee Smith or Bigwrench being there.  Hopefully maybe we will be able to get the whole gang back together.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on October 16, 2017, 02:11:38 PM
Zippy, you would have to see it to believe it.  The guys can drink all afternoon and evening up until 3 am catch a few winks and are ready to hit the lake each morning after the posts and pans alarm goes off.  They seem to maintain their balance and seem to be functioning quite normal except for falling up the stairs or falling off the sofa.  I am sure it has taken them years of experience to attain such a level.  I am sure this rally will be quite different without Lee Smith or Bigwrench being there.  Hopefully maybe we will be able to get the whole gang back together.

Bud are you going to be the official  PoPo with Lee not going? Someones gonna have to keep some of the youngins in line lol  ~roflmao
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Bud Kennedy

Nope, Not me.  I am one of those quiet types.  I just sit there drinking my coke and taking in all the colorful things that are happening around me.  Being a geezer has taught me just to mind my own business so to speak.  I guess I may just be the person who remembers the event for posterity.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on October 16, 2017, 02:28:38 PM
Nope, Not me.  I am one of those quiet types.  I just sit there drinking my coke and taking in all the colorful things that are happening around me.  Being a geezer has taught me just to mind my own business so to speak.  I guess I may just be the person who remembers the event for posterity.

You cant get Bud out that dang rocking chair.  ~roflmao

SFL BassHunter

lol

Nothin' wrong with the quite type that minds his business.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

zippyduck

I wish I could have been there this year. I would love to sit in a rocker and sip cokes with Bud. Watch Matt tear down a reel, and watch the happiness happen.

Next year I will be there no matter what happens in my life.

SteveTX

Well they could setup a live feed for those of us who can't make it.  :-*

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: SteveTX on October 19, 2017, 11:05:15 AM
Well they could setup a live feed for those of us who can't make it.  :-*

Steve, unfortunately my video stuff does not have this capability.  I will be doing a you tube video at a later date.