Where then?

Started by zippyduck, October 16, 2017, 06:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippyduck

So after reading all the comments on Buds thread " fish all year ", where is the best place to live for all year fishing without extreme heat or cold?
My guess is N.C. or Tennessee but I have always lived up north and have only fished else where during good months for it.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Donald Garner

:)   Texas  where else   ;)
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bud Kennedy

zippy, it is really a matter that we can fish all year around.  The deal is that July and August are hot hot hot and for the most part folks night fish or just fish a few hours in the very early morning.  But you can fish all year if you can stand the heat.  We get some cold during Jan and Feb but not so bad you can't go fishing.  In fact the winter bass tournaments are very well attended.  The Carolina Bass Buddies have an event each year on New Years day and draw a good crowd.  You will have a few winter days where ice is on the ramps but it is not common.  You get snow in NC and TN and some in Upstate SC but here in low country it is very rare.  If it does snow it is gone in an hour or so.  the best thing is it is not the long winters you guys can face.  The worst part about the south is the hot summers

coldfront

Quote from: zippyduck on October 16, 2017, 06:53:26 PM
So after reading all the comments on Buds thread " fish all year ", where is the best place to live for all year fishing without extreme heat or cold?
My guess is N.C. or Tennessee but I have always lived up north and have only fished else where during good months for it.

growing up in fairly temperate KS/NE we still had ice for a few months of the year.  thought twice about whether or not to post this.  I will say this:  from a negative perspective - just try to find time on the water where you aren't sharing it with a couple of tournaments.  Clubs, pros, highschool, college...

living now in southern TN I might be tempted to suggest it's pretty close to what you are looking for.,

good mix of high mountain lakes, TN river impoundments.  Storied waters within a few hours drive in ALL directions.

Daytime highs in the 90's, upper 90's May - September.  Overnight lows in the mid-upper 70's.  It's a bit humid for this high plains kid, but tolerable.  I've fished in 95 degree weather pouring sweat and in 80 degree weather pouring sweat.  all depends on the  humidity.

Winter/Spring (jan, feb) day time highs average in 50's and overnight lows in low 30's.

can be warmer, can be colder.  sometimes see skim ice in the backs of the coves (really shallow water)

water temps can dip to lower-mid 40's in winter.  have seen up to 92 on mainlake Chickamauga.

put all that together with legit chances at 10 pound plus LMB, 6 pound plus smallies, magnum spots and the occasional big striper... not a horrible place to spend time on the water.

SteveTX

Quote from: Donald Garner on October 16, 2017, 08:39:12 PM
:)   Texas  where else   ;)

~roflmao
This
Quotewhere is the best place to live for all year fishing without extreme heat or cold?
should read
Quotewhere is the best place to live for all year fishing with big bass?
>:D

Captsteve

TEXAS

Sent from my NX16A10132S using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

coldfront

Quote from: Captsteve on October 16, 2017, 10:35:46 PM
TEXAS

Sent from my NX16A10132S using Tapatalk

'ceptin that then you'd have to live WITH Texans. 

zippyduck

I have been to Texas twice, Once to Houston and once to Fort Hood. I will be back once more to fish but then never again.
It is hot in May and not the prettiest place in the world.
Tennessee I really liked, Florida is a fishermans playground, Louisiana is one of the prettiest places I have been, the Carolinas have a little of everything.
N. Dakotah is an outdoorsman's playground, New York has more good lakes that are under utilized than anywhere.
Marylands eastern shore is great. But a one trick pony for bass.
And California is out of the question.
Someday I will have to visit Alabama and Mississippi, I just hope I can understand the people.

Oldfart9999

I'm happy here, normally we can fish from March to and Through November, sometimes December. The other months, go through our gear, make a few jigs and get into shape for more fishing come open water.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Nutt

Quote from: zippyduck on October 17, 2017, 02:39:44 AM
It is hot in May and not the prettiest place in the world.
I feel the need to stand up for my Texas neighbors here.  May is not hot.  LOL  Come visit in late July and August.  Then its hot.  As far as Texas not being pretty, that's not completely true although I understand where you are coming from.  There are some beautiful places in Texas you just didn't get to see.  North East Texas has beautiful hillsides that can show you some of the most beautiful sunsets you've seen, and farther West its all open and you can see the hills and such from a long ways off.  Its actually very pretty at the right time of day.  Now Louisiana?  Yup, we have a lot of beautiful scenery here.  Especially the women.  LOL
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

Lee Smith

Quote from: zippyduck on October 17, 2017, 02:39:44 AM

Someday I will have to visit Alabama and Mississippi, I just hope I can understand the people.

Wut you mean by them werds feller?  Ifn' you cant speak plane anglish you may be needin' sum learnin', yep, thats what ya need, sum learnin'.

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Nutt

Quote from: Lee Smith on October 17, 2017, 08:09:24 AM
Wut you mean by them werds feller?  Ifn' you cant speak plane anglish you may be needin' sum learnin', yep, thats what ya need, sum learnin'.
Sho nuff, hmm hmm, that's rit
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

cport

I'd have to say, for the best of both worlds, Seattle area. The summers are nice and the winters never get bitter cold like on the Great Lakes or NE states. And there is such a variety of fishing available, LM and SM bass, trout and salmon (multiple species), steelhead, and walleye (Eastern Washington) to name a few.  A couple hours drive east or west puts you in the Cascade or Olympic mountains, past the mountains west is rainforest (salmon and steelhead runs), east is desert (hot in summer for LM Bass, cold in winter for other species). Yes I know it has a rainy season, but its not so bad and you learn to plan it.

I lived there 6 years and some of the best fishing trips I've had were in the Potholes area in Eastern WA, hard core roughin-it camping and fishing. Catching 2-3 lb rainbows in a two man Sevylor inflatable w/TM in December in the snow is unforgettable, just as hiking to uncharted seepage lakes and finding LM bass in the summer, suckers for a mojo culprit ribbontail.

I love Florida, but if I had to live somewhere else, that would be the place.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SFL BassHunter

That depends, are you talking Bass fishing exclusively? Because if you add saltwater to the mix, it's hard to beat Florida in my opinion.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, you can target different so many different species!

If you are talking just Largemouth Bass then I'm not sure. Our fish can be finicky in the 3 days of "Cold" you have to hit them in the head to get them to bite. Same goes for the days of Xtreme heat which we get a lot of. This summer in particular was absolutely brutal for most us Florida guys.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rickdelprado on October 17, 2017, 08:39:45 AM
That depends, are you talking Bass fishing exclusively? Because if you add saltwater to the mix, it's hard to beat Florida in my opinion.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, you can target different so many different species!

If you are talking just Largemouth Bass then I'm not sure. Our fish can be finicky in the 3 days of "Cold" you have to hit them in the head to get them to bite. Same goes for the days of Xtreme heat which we get a lot of. This summer in particular was absolutely brutal for most us Florida guys.

Im sorry, but we dont have 4 seasons down here. There is only 2. Summer, and Less Summer.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 17, 2017, 09:19:38 AM
Im sorry, but we dont have 4 seasons down here. There is only 2. Summer, and Less Summer.  lo
You got that right it's always hot down there most of the time.  ~sweat

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 17, 2017, 09:19:38 AM

Well yeah, but I was trying to put it in a way folks from up north would understand lol.

But yeah your statement is 100% accurate.  ~roflmao
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

twocold

Northern Calif. close to the coast, clear lake , the delta, many other great bass lakes. Just enough winter to make it interesting. Down side is the many liberals

cport

Quote from: twocold on October 17, 2017, 09:32:12 AM
Northern Calif. close to the coast, clear lake , the delta, many other great bass lakes. Just enough winter to make it interesting. Down side is the many liberals
Big reason why I left Cali, even San Diego was getting super wacko lib. A shame, some premier bass fishing down there.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SteveTX

Quote from: twocold on October 17, 2017, 09:32:12 AM
That is exactly why I remove California and Seattle from the list. I don't know about Seattle fish but Cali has some nice large Bass based tacticlebassin YouTube videos.  But I aint livin anywhere close to that much retardness.

zippyduck

Quote from: Nutt on October 17, 2017, 07:45:07 AM
I feel the need to stand up for my Texas neighbors here.  May is not hot.  LOL  Come visit in late July and August.  Then its hot.  As far as Texas not being pretty, that's not completely true although I understand where you are coming from.  There are some beautiful places in Texas you just didn't get to see.  North East Texas has beautiful hillsides that can show you some of the most beautiful sunsets you've seen, and farther West its all open and you can see the hills and such from a long ways off.  Its actually very pretty at the right time of day.  Now Louisiana?  Yup, we have a lot of beautiful scenery here.  Especially the women.  LOL

I took a motorcycle trip from Pa. to New orleans to fort hood. So straight through said hill country and even saw a sunset there.  If you think that is pretty , then you need to visit me in Pa. I can take you on a hike through the Laurel mountains and watch a sunrise that would blow your mind or a sunset on Lake Erie that rivals the Pacific Ocean's.
If I want to see cattle I will revisit the hill country.

SteveTX

Quote from: zippyduck on October 17, 2017, 12:29:06 PM
I took a motorcycle trip from Pa. to New orleans to fort hood. So straight through said hill country and even saw a sunset there.  If you think that is pretty , then you need to visit me in Pa. I can take you on a hike through the Laurel mountains and watch a sunrise that would blow your mind or a sunset on Lake Erie that rivals the Pacific Ocean's.
If I want to see cattle I will revisit the hill country.
Come on now. What did PA get a different sun from the one used in TX?  ~roflmao

Its all about what works for you. Just like rod and reel preferences. When someone claims one brand or model is the perfect one, the holy grail, the supreme whatever, I immediately start  lo

Sure it may be to that person but that is why we have Ford, Chevy, Dodges, etc. Everyone likes different stuff. Its their opinion and in their mind they may be right. And they could be wrong.  :-*

Just look at the NFL stuff for example. Some retards thought they were right. 6 games into the season stands are emptier than ever. Facts still haven't changed some of the idiots opinions.

LgMouthGambler

Im gonna just go ahead and say it, cause someones got to. From what Ive heard there are only 2 things in Texas, and if you aint got horns... ~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SteveTX

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 17, 2017, 01:16:01 PM
Im gonna just go ahead and say it, cause someones got to. From what Ive heard there are only 2 things in Texas, and if you aint got horns... ~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao
Funny guy.
Well I hear you don't have roach problems in Florida either, there's just "palmetto bugs." If you don't know what the difference between a roach and a palmetto bug is – a palmetto bug is a roach with wings that's large enough to carry away screaming children from their mothers' arms. One time I thought I saw bear in Miami but it was just a palmetto bug fist fighting a grown man on two legs.  :o  lo ~roflmao

J/K of course

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: SteveTX on October 17, 2017, 01:36:32 PM
Funny guy.
Well I hear you don't have roach problems in Florida either, there's just "palmetto bugs." If you don't know what the difference between a roach and a palmetto bug is – a palmetto bug is a roach with wings that's large enough to carry away screaming children from their mothers' arms. One time I thought I saw bear in Miami but it was just a palmetto bug fist fighting a grown man on two legs.  :o  lo ~roflmao

J/K of course

The up side to palmetto bugs is, if they get in your house they don't reproduce into thousands of roaches in a matter of 10 minutes. Slow reproduction systems makes em a 1 and dun when you smash em!
Florida Bass Fishing