Fishing for Freedom Belton Texas Banquet 13 Oct 17 (Picture Heavy)

Started by Donald Garner, October 16, 2017, 10:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

The 2017 Fishing for Freedom Event is now history.  We had 226 Teams (+) family members show up at the banquet on Friday night.  Our guest speaker was Randy Howell B.A.S.S. Elite Classic Champion.  Gary Klein was there also representing Duckett Industries.   Not only did we have some Outstanding Texas BBQ served to us by Rudy's we also had a  raffle ticket drawing.  There was a live auction for some pretty nice fire arms and some Texas Outdoor hunting and fishing trips.  One of the sponsors even gave out a Guided Safari hunting trip over to Africa. 

Duckett Industries provided some outstanding gifts to our Purple Heart Awardees.  Gary Klein and Randy Howell made the presentation to the Wounded Warriors.  Below are a few pictures of the banquet. 

Killeen Convention Center Parking lot.  Where's my truck

Live Radio Broadcast with Rick Smith "On The Dock Radio Show"

Check In pickup free tournament goodies

Don't forget that Big Bass Pot

Where to sit

I'm siting with her ;)

Need some additional tackle check out these sponsors

Seminars we had them too.  Come on in

Want to learn how too fish a crankbait, flip a jig?  Listen up Mr. Klein won't lead you wrong.

After our prayer and singing of our National Anthem it was time to eat.

Purple Heart Warriors receiving tackle from Duckett Industries.

Our Guest Speaker Classic Champion Randy Howell

A photo op with Gary Klein and Randy Howell.  My fishing partner SFC Joe Ingalls from Ft. Hood.

The evening was just about over with final event the Raffle Drawing

There was a ton of stuff raffled off, Gift cards from Academy, American Airlines Tickets to anywhere in the United States, Marine products from Texas Boat World and Marine Outlet.  Fishing rods and reels the list goes on.  We finally got out of there around 9pm.  The event started at 3pm with the seminars kicking it off.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard