30 Minutes

Started by FlatsNBay, October 18, 2017, 05:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

How many of you try and squeeze in  30 minutes of fishing time when sometimes that's all you have? I think that is the beauty of bank fishing. Drive by a good looking spot, stop for a few minutes, make a few casts and see what you can get!

Lipripper

Yelp always carry a couple of rods and a tackle bag in the van for just that reason.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

zippyduck

Heck I even have a rod on the Bike.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

SteveTX

Sorry I would just get PO when I had to leave that quick. I generally wont even go to the lake unless I have at least 4hrs of fishing time.

I agree a line in the water for 30 minutes is better than no line in the water but I just don't have the places I can just pull over and fish.

A lot of land owners (cattle) around here. Most have signs "Posted Keep Out" ,"Trespassers will be shot" or both. People here are nice for the most part but don't go on someones land without permission. Its a big no no.

Lipripper

Quote from: SteveTX on October 18, 2017, 06:27:18 PM
Sorry I would just get PO when I had to leave that quick. I generally wont even go to the lake unless I have at least 4hrs of fishing time.

I agree a line in the water for 30 minutes is better than no line in the water but I just don't have the places I can just pull over and fish.

A lot of land owners (cattle) around here. Most have signs "Posted Keep Out" ,"Trespassers will be shot" or both. People here are nice for the most part but don't go on someones land without permission. Its a big no no.
For sure never go on anyone land without permission. It never hurt to ask all they can say is no. If you thank it might be a great spot to fish offer to treade him some of your time around there in exchange .

LgMouthGambler

30 minutes sure does go by fast when you are fishing. But yeah, I do try to toss a line here and there on my lunch break.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

I usually fish about an hour or hour and a half after work when I can.

30 min isn't enough lol
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Capt. BassinLou

The only time I would fish 30 min would be if the water was right behind my house or work. Other than that, 30 min just isn't enough for my way of fishing.

SteelHorseCowboy

Many times all I can spare is 30 minutes to an hour. Most of my fishing is done in <1 hour windows. Sometimes I can squeeze in about two hours, on the weekends I can stay a lot longer.

If I happen to get off work a little early, I have to choose between sitting in the high school parking lot and waiting for the oldest kid, or go right across the highway to Bayou Desiard. I think I know how I'd rather spend a half hour.

Lipripper

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on October 19, 2017, 06:48:50 AM
Many times all I can spare is 30 minutes to an hour. Most of my fishing is done in <1 hour windows. Sometimes I can squeeze in about two hours, on the weekends I can stay a lot longer.

If I happen to get off work a little early, I have to choose between sitting in the high school parking lot and waiting for the oldest kid, or go right across the highway to Bayou Desiard. I think I know how I'd rather spend a half hour.
That wouldn't take much thinking at all.  ;D

Smallie_Stalker

I have a couple of two-piece rods and a small tackle bag in my vehicle at all times.  I like finding places I've never seen before as I'm driving and then pulling over to make a few casts. Ticks the Mrs. off if she's with me. I keep telling her she either needs to start fishing or bring a book when we're out.    ::)  ~shade

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

flowerjohn

Quote from: FlatsNBay on October 18, 2017, 05:30:31 PM
How many of you try and squeeze in  30 minutes of fishing time when sometimes that's all you have? I think that is the beauty of bank fishing. Drive by a good looking spot, stop for a few minutes, make a few casts and see what you can get!

I do it all the time. 

Message sent via the FC Network.

68camaro

Quite a bit actually. I have city park ponds by work I can run to and several ponds by house. Alot of times when I get new rod, reel or even bait I quick run out to get a few casts in to test out.   My wife would argue I never limited to 30 minutes though ~b~
Dobyns, LSCR, JB Custom, Megabass

Lipripper

Quote from: 68camaro on October 20, 2017, 08:46:42 AM
Quite a bit actually. I have city park ponds by work I can run to and several ponds by house. Alot of times when I get new rod, reel or even bait I quick run out to get a few casts in to test out.   My wife would argue I never limited to 30 minutes though ~b~
That would be like her only spending 30 minutes in the store shopping.  lo lo

FlatsNBay

Last week I was meeting my family at our local Chic Fila. Instead of sitting around at home waiting to leave, I left early and grabbed a few minutes at a local pond on the way. Boom! I picked up a few dinks. Although no decent ones it was fast and furious for the short time that I was there. I even made it to Chic Fila on time!

68camaro

Quote from: Lipripper on October 20, 2017, 03:33:06 PM
That would be like her only spending 30 minutes in the store shopping.  lo lo

OMG....so true....

Yesterday went to pond on lunch, this never happened before but caught LM on first cast, and chain pickerel on third cast. 72* with 66* water temp, little later caught 2.55lb'er which is nice size in this smallish pond. All on spinner with Big EZ Trailer.
Dobyns, LSCR, JB Custom, Megabass

SteelHorseCowboy

I've caught one chain pickerel. Posted a pic around here somewhere. Had no idea what it was at the time, thought it was an inbred gar or something.
It was a fun fight, I'll give it that, but I can't say I enjoyed the experience that much. That sucker was mean as hell.
After Lipripper and a couple of others set me straight, I did some reading on them. One particularly hateful angler said he swats 'em on the head with a stick before letting them go. When I caught it a few days before reading that article, I almost thought that's what I was gonna have to do just to get the hook out.

zSTLj

It only takes one cast and usually that 1st cast can be productive. Its definitely worth it for you but i wouldn't  go out of the way for 30 minutes.

basss

Quote from: FlatsNBay on October 18, 2017, 05:30:31 PM

I call that lunch, 30 mins. to eat 30 min. to fish.  A balanced diet if you ask me.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

basss

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on October 19, 2017, 04:58:56 PM
I have a couple of two-piece rods and a small tackle bag in my vehicle at all times.  I like finding places I've never seen before as I'm driving and then pulling over to make a few casts. Ticks the Mrs. off if she's with me. I keep telling her she either needs to start fishing or bring a book when we're out.    ::)  ~shade

What about a fishing book?  Two birds with one stone ...
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard