It's my kids turn...

Started by Capt. BassinLou, October 18, 2017, 05:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

to go fishing.  Now that the temps have settled down a little, I asked them if they wanted to go to the park and fish after homework. I received a huge yes as a response. :) We had a great short outing. They caught 6 fish between themselves and had blast in the process. I'm on cloud 9 of course seeing them catch fish on their own. :)

The kids were throwing Zoom centipedes on 3/0 Gami Ewg hooks with a 1/16 lead weight.

cport

Wow, your boy is a mini me version of you! Following in dad's footsteps, great stuff.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: cport on October 18, 2017, 05:54:25 PM
Wow, your boy is a mini me version of you! Following in dad's footsteps, great stuff.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Thanks bud.

zippyduck

That's better than a 10 lber.  ~c~ ~c~
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

FloridaFishinFool

Awesome Lou! I do the same with my boys.
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

Pacific NW Ron

Great to see the younger generation that excited about fishing.  Way to go ~c~
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Lipripper

Nice pictures Lou and love the smile on their faces. ~c~ ~c~ So he will be taking your frogs.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Capt. BassinLou

Thanks guys. Fortunately we got into fish fairly quickly. Teaching kids patience can be  challenging, but when they catch a fish, it feeds their anticipation for the next catch for a little while... lol

SFL BassHunter

That's awesome Lou! Glad they had fun! Your son pulled a good one out of there too!
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: rickdelprado on October 18, 2017, 07:00:45 PM
That's awesome Lou! Glad they had fun! Your son pulled a good one out of there too!
Yeah... it was pretty cool. He laid into that one pretty good.

Princeton_Man

Awesome! ~c~ Love those "look at my fish" smiles!
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

j102

Nice job Lou! Glad they had fun!

LgMouthGambler

So when's JR gonna whoop your arse on the frog? Lol

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 19, 2017, 05:01:10 AM
So when's JR gonna whoop your arse on the frog? Lol

<")))>{
Hopefully soon... lol

Smallie_Stalker

Kids with smiling faces are awesome!!! WTG Lou.  ~c~
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Capt. BassinLou

flowerjohn

Beautiful right there Lou!

Message sent via the FC Network.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: flowerjohn on October 19, 2017, 09:21:56 PM
Beautiful right there Lou!

Message sent via the FC Network.
Thanks John.

FD

That's awesome Lou. It will pay dividends for decades. I started mine fishing when they were little also. The best part is they are now 20 something's and call dad and ask, when can we go fishing?.

Yours will do the same my friend.

Sent from the end of the paved road.....
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Fishindaddy on October 21, 2017, 03:33:11 AM
That's awesome Lou. It will pay dividends for decades. I started mine fishing when they were little also. The best part is they are now 20 something's and call dad and ask, when can we go fishing?.

Yours will do the same my friend.

Sent from the end of the paved road.....

Thanks Lee.  ~beer~