New Daiwa Arrived

Started by Bud Kennedy, October 19, 2017, 01:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

My Third Daiwa TAT arrived today.  This one is another SVTW103XS.  Gonna spool it up in a bit and get ready for it's maiden voyage to Guntersville.  Sure wish there was a Dobyns rod dealer here.  This reel is crying out for it.  Might have to stop by Waterfront and see what they have when we arrive at Guntersville.

SFL BassHunter

Congrats! That makes 3 SV's now. I also have a feeling it won't be your last lol.

Silly question, out of curiosity, does this one have a clicking tension knob?

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

All right Bud and hope you get it broke in down on Guntersville next week.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: rickdelprado on October 19, 2017, 01:42:58 PM
Congrats! That makes 3 SV's now. I also have a feeling it won't be your last lol.

Silly question, out of curiosity, does this one have a clicking tension knob?

No clicks.  So far only the HS model has clicks, the XS do not

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on October 19, 2017, 02:00:06 PM
No clicks.  So far only the HS model has clicks, the XS do not
Interesting. Cool, I was curious.

Hope you enjoy the heck out of the reel!
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Captsteve

enjoy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

fishandkamp

Bud do you intend to use routes 20 and 431 to get to Guntersville? 
If so you can go thru the town of Boaz, which is the home town of The Tackle Trap. They are awesome to deal with and stock a bunch of Dobyns stuff. Call ahead to see if they have something close to what you want. You also have another dealer closer to the lake called A & D Outdoors but I have no idea what they carry. They are in the town of Scotsboro ( near the lake).

You could also go further west and pick up 59 if you prefer to stay on big roads. You can still catch 431 off 59. I would do it just to stop in TTT.  Enjoy the G.  It is on my bucket list.

Bud Kennedy

Been thinking about stopping at the trap in Boaz since we go right by it.  Did not know they were a dobyns dealer

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on October 22, 2017, 07:57:47 PM
Been thinking about stopping at the trap in Boaz since we go right by it.  Did not know they were a dobyns dealer
Gary Dobyns is very familiar with Gary, Bryan, Brian, and Jackson from Tackle Trap. They have had things dropped shipped from Dobyns to me quite a few times. They are also a Daiwa and Shimano warranty repair facility.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

basss

... hmmm ... more than one of the same reel ... wheels now turning ...
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard