Red River Pool3

Started by Msn26753, October 19, 2017, 09:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Msn26753

Red River pool 2 Alexandria Pineville update... 

It sucks...

Theres my update...  Lol..  Just kiddin..  Heres my real update..  Been hit and miss..  Havent seen any schooling bass..  Ive been in constant battle chasing shad and baitfish..  They Havent hit a top water yet... At least not mine..  Ive caught more in the evenings then mornings. Caught 7 last sat night and 0 sunday morning..  Went out wednesday morning and caught 2 dinkies..  1 wasnt even a bass but dont tell anyone...  Lol..  Been flippin and pitchin laydowns and brushpiles..  Everyone ive talked to on river same luck..  Except one dude, which i really think it was a fish story..
Anyhow,  some here and there,  a few of the rock jetties here and there..  Waiting on them badboys to hit some topwater for some excitement... Lol..  Not much of a good report, but if your wanting to catch anything,  better hit some lakes where they are schooling because the river the school is out...   

Lipripper

Quote from: Msn26753 on October 19, 2017, 09:55:45 PM
Red River pool 3 Alexandria Pineville update... 

It sucks...

Theres my update...  Lol..  Just kiddin..  Heres my real update..  Been hit and miss..  Havent seen any schooling bass..  Ive been in constant battle chasing shad and baitfish..  They Havent hit a top water yet... At least not mine..  Ive caught more in the evenings then mornings. Caught 7 last sat night and 0 sunday morning..  Went out wednesday morning and caught 2 dinkies..  1 wasnt even a bass but dont tell anyone...  Lol..  Been flippin and pitchin laydowns and brushpiles..  Everyone ive talked to on river same luck..  Except one dude, which i really think it was a fish story..
Anyhow,  some here and there,  a few of the rock jetties here and there..  Waiting on them badboys to hit some topwater for some excitement... Lol..  Not much of a good report, but if your wanting to catch anything,  better hit some lakes where they are schooling because the river the school is out...   
Thanks for the report and sounds like it's been a tuff bite on the river right now and hope the top water bite starts for you soon down there. Oh and since you told me here ya go  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Msn26753

Gonna print this skunk award out and put it on my boat shed wall...  Lol

fishin couillon

I went out last Saturday (14th) for a few hours in the after i got off in the afternoon and i didnt do anything....hooked into 2 bar fish....first time on river in a while....

Msn26753

Lol..  Thats when i caught the 7... I fished really slow and they were tight to cover..  2 was off the rock jetties.. All other ones where playing a damn good game of hide n seek...  Lol...  The next norning i had nothing.. Not even a bite..  I think a bream came ate the end off one of my worms,  and that wa the most action i had... 

Msn26753

Come on rain...  Maybe a little water and and little wind and a little cooler weather will get em bitin in river..  If bot, its off to kincaid i go.... 

Lipripper

Quote from: fishin couillon on October 21, 2017, 07:32:58 PM
I went out last Saturday (14th) for a few hours in the after i got off in the afternoon and i didnt do anything....hooked into 2 bar fish....first time on river in a while....
So are you saying you went out and didn't catch any fish?

Mike Cork

The river has been brutal up her in 4 and 5 as well. Two major tournaments with 200 plus boats and 10 pounds a day wins... just not the same Red River since the flood!

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Nutoy

Quote from: Mike Cork on October 22, 2017, 04:29:29 PM
The river has been brutal up her in 4 and 5 as well. Two major tournaments with 200 plus boats and 10 pounds a day wins... just not the same Red River since the flood!
Brutal is a understatement. Fished 4 and 5 before cutoff for Champs. 4 seemed to have a better population of fish, but 5 seemed to have better quality fish.
Come practice, we couldn't buy a bite in 4, and 5 wasn't much better but we were getting a few bites. Didn't stick anything for obvious reasons.
Come tournament time, we stayed in 5 both days. Probably wasn't the best move, but it was go big or go home.
Two fish Saturday for 4.42. Just out of the cut line for a check.
Sunday was a train wreck. Only one keeper bite. It was at least a 5 1/2er, and after getting wrapped up in a pile of trash it finally headed to clean water(if there is such a thing). It made one last run and pulled off just out of net range. All we could do was watch our check swim away.
I've got to hand it to you guys that fish those back waters on a regular basis. That place has more stumps than I've ever seen. Toledo is like fishing open water compared to there.
It is a mentally and physically tough place to fish, as well as being brutal on equipment.
I'll never complain about a tough day on T-Bend ever again.

Msn26753

Oops..  I just realised i called this pool 3.. Supose to be pool 2... Pool 3 is colfax st maurice..  Oops my bad.. 

Mike Cork

Quote from: Nutoy on October 23, 2017, 09:30:50 AM
Brutal is a understatement. Fished 4 and 5 before cutoff for Champs. 4 seemed to have a better population of fish, but 5 seemed to have better quality fish.
Come practice, we couldn't buy a bite in 4, and 5 wasn't much better but we were getting a few bites. Didn't stick anything for obvious reasons.
Come tournament time, we stayed in 5 both days. Probably wasn't the best move, but it was go big or go home.
Two fish Saturday for 4.42. Just out of the cut line for a check.
Sunday was a train wreck. Only one keeper bite. It was at least a 5 1/2er, and after getting wrapped up in a pile of trash it finally headed to clean water(if there is such a thing). It made one last run and pulled off just out of net range. All we could do was watch our check swim away.
I've got to hand it to you guys that fish those back waters on a regular basis. That place has more stumps than I've ever seen. Toledo is like fishing open water compared to there.
It is a mentally and physically tough place to fish, as well as being brutal on equipment.
I'll never complain about a tough day on T-Bend ever again.

You know how tough it was but I fished our ABA out there saturday and won it with 8.88 only four fish. I had big bass too and it was only 3.72 (I think)

Still blaming the floods.

Cork's Reel Service

Msn26753

Just fished it again..  1 bass total weight 4 oz...  And yeah i really weighed it..  Is that not pathetic....lol..  I did catch a gar or grimmel,  coukd tell, it never come to top of water..  Had some weight a pretty good little fight to it,  then lost it at the boat, bit never once seen it..   

Nutoy

The Red is a good place to complete the Trash Slam.
We caught goo, grinnel, and gar while we were there.
Talk about getting your ticker thumping. Sunday with time ticking down, bro chunks his spinnerbait by a laydown. His bait gets slammed and all we see is green as it peels drag headed for deeper water. We're thinking this is the bite we've been waiting for all day. A few seconds later I scoop it up in the net. 6 lb grinnel. 

Msn26753

I need to get a bowfish setup..  Could hit a grinnel ,goo or gar with eyes shut and standing on my head in that river right now.. They are everywhere..  And never a bass around when you see all them trash fish..  I guess the bass move on when the trash comes to town..

Mike Cork

Quote from: Nutoy on October 24, 2017, 09:12:57 AM
The Red is a good place to complete the Trash Slam.
We caught goo, grinnel, and gar while we were there.
Talk about getting your ticker thumping. Sunday with time ticking down, bro chunks his spinnerbait by a laydown. His bait gets slammed and all we see is green as it peels drag headed for deeper water. We're thinking this is the bite we've been waiting for all day. A few seconds later I scoop it up in the net. 6 lb grinnel.

Had this happen many times out there. And the jig on a stump that lands you a Goo between 8-9 pounds. Definitely have you thinking for a second.

Cork's Reel Service

Msn26753

Spent another 1 1/2 hrs fighting a tough wind and was just begging for any kind of bite..  Dumb me,  never even tried a spinnerbait, didnt want to take the time to tie one on..  Took foot off trolling motor and wind and choppy water would beach ya.. So i ran with what i had tied on,  crankbait and worm..  Never got a bite..  Did tow some people in,  but that was the only excitment tonight...

Lipripper

Quote from: Msn26753 on October 26, 2017, 10:11:08 PM
Spent another 1 1/2 hrs fighting a tough wind and was just begging for any kind of bite..  Dumb me,  never even tried a spinnerbait, didnt want to take the time to tie one on..  Took foot off trolling motor and wind and choppy water would beach ya.. So i ran with what i had tied on,  crankbait and worm..  Never got a bite..  Did tow some people in,  but that was the only excitment tonight...
Sorry you had such a bad day out there in the wind and codoes for towing them folks in that needed help  ~c~ ~c~
OH and look what I found  ;D

oxbowj

Quote from: Msn26753 on October 23, 2017, 07:46:58 PM
Just fished it again..  1 bass total weight 4 oz...  And yeah i really weighed it..  Is that not pathetic....lol..  I did catch a gar or grimmel,  coukd tell, it never come to top of water..  Had some weight a pretty good little fight to it,  then lost it at the boat, bit never once seen it..   

Where you launching from?

Msn26753

I usually launch at Buhlow..  But sometimes Alex..  Im gonna make a run to oxbow marina sometime soon.  Hadnt been in a while because my emergency braje didnt work... And oxbow launch and no emergency brake dont go wekl together.. Lol..