My PB Bass

Started by dmccoyks, October 20, 2017, 05:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmccoyks

I caught my PB last weekend. Unfortunately, my scale wouldn't work! However it measured approximately 25" long and one side of the girth was 9". Any idea approx how much this might of weighed?

Lipripper

I have no idea on the weight but congratulation on a new PB and nice looking Bass. ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Congrats on the new PB  ~c~  Tks for sharing the picture with us that's a nice looking fish there  ;)
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

zippyduck

Nice pic and Congrats on a new PB. And that is a long fish.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

cport

According the FWC calculator, at a length of 25 and a girth of 18 (9" on one side times two for total girth) that weighs about 9.5 lbs. Great catch! What did you get her on?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Capt. BassinLou

I don't do well on the guess the weight game, but CONGRATULATIONS on your PB!!  ~c~

dmccoyks

Thanks guys. Wow, I assumed it was 7-8lbs. First cast and on white 1\4 chattebait with white chunk trailer.

cport

http://legacy.myfwc.com/fish/
This is the calculator link. There are other weights for that length girth that take in certain considerations

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Pacific NW Ron

That's one nice fish.  Way to go and congrats on the PB.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

coldfront

Quote from: cport on October 20, 2017, 05:59:32 PM
According the FWC calculator, at a length of 25 and a girth of 18 (9" on one side times two for total girth) that weighs about 9.5 lbs. Great catch! What did you get her on?

depending upon condition, that would be about right.
really tough to judge size of fish in photos.  But a 25 inch fish sure ought to be in the 9  pound or better range. I would think.

Deadeye

Really hard to tell, it is all based on the time of year and other things.

Spring Time before spawn a 10+ no doubt.

This time of year I have caught several in the 23-25 inch range and they all have weighed between 7- 7 1/2 lbs.

It's a good fish no matter what it weighed!

dmccoyks

Thanks for everyone's help. I am going to be buying a new scale now. Any good recommendations?

ItsJason

Quote from: dmccoyks on October 21, 2017, 11:19:25 AM
Thanks for everyone's help. I am going to be buying a new scale now. Any good recommendations?
I use a certified postage scale. Can zero it out for a measuring board, and no hook or anything like that to damage jaws/gills (better for CNR, IMHO).
Just remember, once you put it on the internet, everyone will cut the weight in half no matter what!
Seriously though, that's a nice fish, congrats! That would be a record fish for my half of the state here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

coldfront

Quote from: dmccoyks on October 21, 2017, 11:19:25 AM

I carry the Rapala electic scale in my boat.  Unfortunately accurate.  I say unfortunate as a fish I thought was 'double digits' was not and when I checked the scale at  home with known weights:  it was accurate.   :( ;D

basss

Whoa! ... and Congrats!
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

Captsteve

nice fish, congratulations

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake