Mmore new water

Started by ItsJason, October 22, 2017, 08:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsJason

Tried another new pond today. Was nice, but limited shore access, so I'll have to go back with my float tube or kayak to really assess it. Got one bass in about an hour there.

Went back to the spot I caught my biggun last week, and managed one more bass. But the surprise was a decent carp, who took a Ned rig! Fun to catch, but my god they are slimy and stink.

cport

Took a ned rig? How bout that! Nice fish Jason

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

ItsJason

Quote from: cport on October 22, 2017, 08:53:15 PM
Took a ned rig? How bout that! Nice fish Jason

Yep! Little 2.75" TRD rig. Fun on a light rod with 6lb line. Felt like it took 10 minutes to land.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

Nice chunk of a bass though!

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Pacific NW Ron

Nice bass and yes carp are fun to catch.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and nice looking fish. ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

ItsJason

Quote from: sportsmansfriend on October 23, 2017, 08:52:27 AM
Nice bass and yes carp are fun to catch.
Ron
Fun to catch (specially on my light finesse rig), but not so fun to land and handle!

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Quote from: ItsJason on October 23, 2017, 10:51:39 AM
Fun to catch (specially on my light finesse rig), but not so fun to land and handle!

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk
I use to fish for them on purpose. Just stop by the store pick up a box of Wheaties and use a small treble hook and your all set for some heavy duty fishing.  ~bb Just don't lay your pole down on the ground and step away or look the other way.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

cport

Quote from: Lipripper on October 23, 2017, 02:50:53 PM
I use to fish for them on purpose. Just stop by the store pick up a box of Wheaties and use a small treble hook and your all set for some heavy duty fishing.  ~bb Just don't lay your pole down on the ground and step away or look the other way.  lo lo
I knew another guy that would use Wheaties and some kind of dough mixture with maple syrup in it for carp on a hair rig. The big ones can be real tackle Buster's when you're fishing for something else with lighter tackle

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

basss

New water is always nice ... I use google maps to find new spots I have not been to yet.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard