Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kayak Fish Finder  (Read 228 times)

MarkusBett18

• Smallmouth
  • Bassin Since 02
Kayak Fish Finder
« on: October 23, 2017, 04:51:45 PM »

Greetings! I recently purchased Emotion Stealth™ Angler Kayak and I have been wanting to get a Fish/Depth Finder for it. I am only 15 so I don't have the biggest budget but I still want a decent Fish/Depth Finder. If any of you guys know of a Fish/Depth finder for my kayak that is pretty inexpensive, I would love to know. Thanks!!
><(((º>        <º)))><

sportsmansfriend

• Ultimate Basser
  • (425)299-1861
Re: Kayak Fish Finder
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 07:07:09 PM »

I have a lowrance hook 4 on my little jon boat that I use on our lakes that are electric motor only.  I love that little unit.  Once you get it set right it's very detailed for a budget locator.  I can honestly say that it has helped me catch a few fish this summer after I marked them.  You can get them for under $200.00.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.

68camaro

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 09:13:08 PM »

Agree on Hook 4, can also be found used as well and save some $$$.

Also, look into Deeper, $99 and goes with you when fish from shore, real good way to learn bottom of new areas when bank fishing. Out in yak, you can let it trail behind or in front of you.

Chuck
Dobyns, JB Custom, Megabass

ring fry

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 06:11:00 AM »

Be sure to look at the Garmin Striker 4 for about $120.00. 

SE Kansas grass grower
GO JAYHAWKS
2008 NCAA Basketball Champions

THfishing

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 09:08:56 AM »

I think the Lowrance Hook 4 is the best bag for your buck. It comes with Sonar, GPS and down scan. You have the option to get one with just the preloaded maps for $200 or you can get the one with the Navionics+ card for $279. I would go with with the one with the Navionics card because you have the option to get 1ft contours anywhere in the U.S. and Canada. Also that card cost $200 if you buy it separate instead your paying $79 for it.

CaptainSolo

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 06:17:18 PM »

Many of the suggestions above are great options, but if your budget opens up and youre looking to step up your game in terms of electronics, here's my suggestions:

I have an Old Town PDL and I installed a Lowrance HDS 9 Gen3.  It is a pricey unit, yes, but it has changed my game when Im fishing small lakes and rivers that have no mapping data on them, because I can use the Wifi paired with my iphone (navionics mobile app) to create real time maps of where Im fishing with the SonarChart Live feature on that unit. 

That being said, there are other models with wifi that are less expensive, that you can still use SonarCharts Live on your phone, but its a different game having maps build on the screen in real time. 

Whichever graph you get, you should invest in a good mapping card. 

CaptainSolo

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 06:21:10 PM »

Since you asked for a budget option........here's a really good option for a tight budget:

Get the inexpensive fishfinder and then for maps you can get the Navionics Mobile App which has the best maps for only like $10-15.  You can use it as a GPS too among other things.........itll become your favorite app!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 34 queries.