Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your favorite line for different conditions...  (Read 1135 times)

x-star

• Smallmouth
Your favorite line for different conditions...
« on: April 20, 2006, 10:07:19 PM »

How about this for a topic. What is you favorite line for (1) heavily stained water (2) medium stained water and (3) clear water? For the sake of consistancy, clear and sunny day's, baitcasting reels only, and meduim to heavy cover so you need a strong line. Also, what if we all put one thing that we like the most about each product after the product. For example:

Heavy stain: 30# Stren SuperBraid - Strength
Meduim stain: 12# P-Line CCX - Doesn't retain memory as much as others...
bla, bla, bla........

Also, if there are other factors that you think we should include, those could be added in as well.

bassmaster350

• Lunker
  • You just have to love fishin
Re: Your favorite line for different conditions...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 10:08:54 PM »

deep water shallow water

Created by Bartholomew Hawg Bass

x-star

• Smallmouth
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 10:10:59 PM »

How about fishing between 3 and 10 feet....

What do you think? I am trying to get a good idea about what comes up most often(situations that is). What depth would you say is the most fished depth for largemouth? I am semi new to bass fishing.

bassmaster350

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 10:16:50 PM »

shallow to medium water 2' to 8' of water with just about any kind of line

Basser56

• Largemouth
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 11:33:47 AM »

12 to 15 lb McCoy Mean green or Ultra Clear. Those two work for everything I do with no problems.
Randy Lyman
2000 Champion 203/2012 Merc 250 Pro XS

x-star

• Smallmouth
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 10:03:18 PM »

I have always been using mono but it has been for spinning reels. I have recently moved up to baitcasting reels but when I first started practicing with it, I had mono on the reel and I hated it. The memory on the line was horrible and prevented me from gaining distance and accuracy. I read about how good braid was and loved it. The first trip this year that my father and I went on, we both used braided. The problem was, it was at the Delta. The water very coudy and I knew that the braid was not an issue. Now, I am going to be making some trips to clear lakes and think that the braid is to visible. So, I am trying yo get peoples opinions on what type of mono they use. I am looking for one that acts as much like braid as possible. Any ideas or anybody feel my pain???

BIG PAPA

• "TCTC"
  • Ultimate Basser
  • 9.1 Caddo They call me BIG PAPA
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 11:08:33 PM »

I like braid almost anytime I can get away with it , if it is overcast , water not too clear etc.
I have tried several brands of Flourocarbon but so far have not really found 1 that I like even though I do have Vanish on one rod for very clear water. I do have Stren heavy cover (20 ) lbs on one rod for brush and rocks as the braid does not like rocks.
For a limp line that lays on a spinning reel well you might try Berkley XL, BPS Excell seems to be pretty limp also.
For a good overall line for baitcasters you might try Big Game, it has a little more memory that some but in the lower line sizes it is not too bad and it is very strong and cheap.
papa

topcat

• Ultimate Basser
  • FnG
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 12:38:03 AM »

Excel line....for all techniques.. strong... good abrasion...no memory
great knot strength........... works in stained water and clear water I use it in rocks and it holds up very well..... and in slop and saw grass with no problems....and the greatest thing about it is its easy on the wallet.............

Topcat

x-star

• Smallmouth
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 11:09:22 AM »

Thanks for the replies guys. Last night I began going through all of the other pages in this forum and found some good reviews on different lines. The best review I read was that Excell line. I think I will give that a try. Like I said, the only experiance I have had using mono on a baitcasting reel was bad because of the memory of the line and I immediatly switched to braid.

I also read about the P-line cxx. Who has tried both the Excell and the P-Line and which do you like better and why?

I was also looking for a review of the BPS XPS line but found nothing. Is there a full review of this line that I could not find or maybe someone could do one for us. ;D

bassmaster350

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 04:02:26 PM »

Out of the p-line and excel I dont think that either one are better than the other. I love both of them couldnt really tell you which one I thought is better.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 23 queries.