Issues with 2 reels

Started by Stax04, October 25, 2017, 05:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stax04

I have a quantum octane 6.2:1 no matter what I do to yhis thing it bird nests like crazy. Tried differant lines and thickness backing no backing. Maxed out brakes and scroll looses distance but still bird nests. Im lost with this one.  Also I have a Lews speed lost a few bass. When feeling in it feels like it skips sounds like gears grinding same when I'm hooking into a fish same noise. Took it apart everything looks normal.   ~bb if this is the wrong place to post please let me know. Any help would be great
Can't catch em? Throw in an m80 and stun em!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Stax04 on October 25, 2017, 05:59:44 PM
I have a quantum octane 6.2:1 no matter what I do to yhis thing it bird nests like crazy. Tried differant lines and thickness backing no backing. Maxed out brakes and scroll looses distance but still bird nests. Im lost with this one.  Also I have a Lews speed lost a few bass. When feeling in it feels like it skips sounds like gears grinding same when I'm hooking into a fish same noise. Took it apart everything looks normal.   ~bb if this is the wrong place to post please let me know. Any help would be great
The Quantum is probably a lost cause. I cant stand them Banax reels. The Lews, you have have worn the pinion gear prongs where the spool pin sits. The gears will grind and slip.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Stax04

I love my bass pro reel unbeatable reel! I will look up the part for the Lews while I'm in there you think i should Boca bearing it also? Yes the quantum is my daughters toy now lol kinda wanted a second opinion. Thank you
Can't catch em? Throw in an m80 and stun em!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Stax04 on October 25, 2017, 06:10:31 PM
I love my bass pro reel unbeatable reel! I will look up the part for the Lews while I'm in there you think i should Boca bearing it also? Yes the quantum is my daughters toy now lol kinda wanted a second opinion. Thank you
Bocas are over rated. Get ZR bearings from Tackle Trap. They are the best bang for the buck, and are true Japanese quality bearings. Im not guaranteeing that the pinion gear is the issue, but if you order from Lews, get a gear set for your reel, and the spool pin. However, they opt to send you a whole new spool. In your case that may be better because you need a tool to replace the spool pin on the spool.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.