Do you think bass can "hear" braid going thru guides?

Started by Fun4me, October 29, 2017, 07:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.W. Verts

Man, I must be old... I don't know NONE of the stuff mentioned above, until we go to SteelHorseCowboys' "Tchaikovsky"...

I feel strongly that fish react to vibration, and sudden vibration can be a bad deal, I think. I imagine a LOT of anglers overlook that. A bunch of 'em.

HERE'S A SECRET- this one's so good that it's hard to tell ya'll. I mean it's KILLER. I catch all my big fish this way, plus most of my medium and little 'uns too.

Now I'm serious here.

If'n ya'll wanna catch BIG 'UNS, and I mean GOMERS, TANKS, TRUCKS and SOWBELLY HAWG JAWS, you need to be crankin' out some good old Southern Rock and Roll.

Pure-D FACT.

Well, except for you Yankees. I reckon that Molley Hatchet may not help you much. Maybe a little STYX, or JOURNEY?

Hope this helps. It's what I do.
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Smallie_Stalker

I may be a Yankee but as a guitar player I cut my teeth on bands like the Allman Brothers, Lynryd Skynryd and others in the genre. Now I like me some Styx, and Journey too, but when it comes to fishing I never have music playing. Not because I believe it will affect the fish, but because I believe it would distract me too much.  ;) ~shade
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on November 07, 2017, 05:37:27 PM
I may be a Yankee but as a guitar player I cut my teeth on bands like the Allman Brothers, Lynryd Skynryd and others in the genre. Now I like me some Styx, and Journey too, but when it comes to fishing I never have music playing. Not because I believe it will affect the fish, but because I believe it would distract me too much.  ;) ~shade
Dont stop believing Smallie. Lol

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SteveTX

I thought braid getting peeled off going through guides was a music genres.  ~bb

D.W. Verts

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on November 07, 2017, 05:37:27 PM

Of course you did. You can't help but listenin', and playin' to, the BEST.

I make fun of Yankees, then the Mississippi boys look at me and go "Say WHAT???".

Music is for the truck- Harry and Charlie used to call it "goin' to the Lake music". Haggard, Jones, Jennings, and of course Willie. Like it was said above- put you in touch with yer Redneck side.

I was makin' a little fun with my post, without trying to be mean. Stuff like this is what makes it hard for new guys. Don't sweat the small stuff, learn the fish, and keep it as simple as possible.

Until you get enough experience to know how to handle complicated.
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

cport

Quote from: D.W. Verts on November 07, 2017, 08:53:05 PM
Of course you did. You can't help but listenin', and playin' to, the BEST.

I make fun of Yankees, then the Mississippi boys look at me and go "Say WHAT???".

Music is for the truck- Harry and Charlie used to call it "goin' to the Lake music". Haggard, Jones, Jennings, and of course Willie. Like it was said above- put you in touch with yer Redneck side.

I was makin' a little fun with my post, without trying to be mean. Stuff like this is what makes it hard for new guys. Don't sweat the small stuff, learn the fish, and keep it as simple as possible.

Gots to include some Bocephus in the mix, too.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SteelHorseCowboy

I thought them Yankees still listened to the Village People?

analfisherman

Quote from: D.W. Verts on November 07, 2017, 08:53:05 PM

You meant to say,"Until you get enough experience to know how to handle HILLBILLIES!" right? ;)

AND SHC.........Your going to go into my 'weekly' letter to our very Prominent Senator....Tammy Baldwin.
She knows how to deal with Discriminating Hillbillies!  ~rant

~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Oldfart9999

Quote from: D.W. Verts on November 07, 2017, 05:15:58 PM
Man, I must be old... I don't know NONE of the stuff mentioned above, until we go to SteelHorseCowboys' "Tchaikovsky"...

I feel strongly that fish react to vibration, and sudden vibration can be a bad deal, I think. I imagine a LOT of anglers overlook that. A bunch of 'em.

HERE'S A SECRET- this one's so good that it's hard to tell ya'll. I mean it's KILLER. I catch all my big fish this way, plus most of my medium and little 'uns too.

Now I'm serious here.

If'n ya'll wanna catch BIG 'UNS, and I mean GOMERS, TANKS, TRUCKS and SOWBELLY HAWG JAWS, you need to be crankin' out some good old Southern Rock and Roll.

Pure-D FACT.

Well, except for you Yankees. I reckon that Molley Hatchet may not help you much. Maybe a little STYX, or JOURNEY?

Hope this helps. It's what I do.

I like Celtic Women, the Chieftains, and other celtic music. Of course bagpipes turn the big ones on too!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

SteelHorseCowboy

Quote from: analfisherman on December 29, 2017, 07:53:50 AM
You meant to say,"Until you get enough experience to know how to handle HILLBILLIES!" right? ;)

AND SHC.........Your going to go into my 'weekly' letter to our very Prominent Senator....Tammy Baldwin.
She knows how to deal with Discriminating Hillbillies!  ~rant

~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao
Discriminating Hillbillies? I make as much fun of them as I do of Yankees! I'm an equal opportunity offender!
Quote from: Oldfart9999 on December 29, 2017, 09:01:42 AM
I like Celtic Women, the Chieftains, and other celtic music. Of course bagpipes turn the big ones on too!!!
Rodney
Here ya go!
https://youtu.be/K-Op1Mng4oY

Wizard

I've caught some big fish with the group "Alabama" blaring from my stereo. Of course, Missouri IS a southern state. It just got captured early in the War of Northern Aggression.

Wizard

Wizard

cport

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on December 29, 2017, 09:01:42 AM
Rodney
Interestingly enough, that "Hillbilly" bluegrass includes influence from Celtic music.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SteelHorseCowboy

I do like a bit o' Celtic and Gaelic music. Connie's recently gotten into it.

How bout this fella from Iceland?
He does some music in his native language of Icelandic, which came up as a suggestion by Youtube while Connie was showing me some more Gaelic music.
This is NOT one of those. It could come as a surprise to some who don't realize how popular Delta Blues is overseas.

https://youtu.be/p-Bzuuw-qiE

cport

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on December 29, 2017, 11:24:13 AM
I do like a bit o' Celtic and Gaelic music. Connie's recently gotten into it.

How bout this fella from Iceland?
He does some music in his native language of Icelandic, which came up as a suggestion by Youtube while Connie was showing me some more Gaelic music.
This is NOT one of those. It could come as a surprise to some who don't realize how popular Delta Blues is overseas.

https://youtu.be/p-Bzuuw-qiE

Good stuff, SHC. I like how they made it sound like it was being played from an old record.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣