Hi-Vis Braided Line

Started by MarkusBett18, October 30, 2017, 03:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkusBett18

Greetings! Does anyone here know the best quality Hi-Vis (Yellow) Braided Line for a Braid to Fluoro Leader. I have my heart set on getting some Hi-Vis Braid but I do not know what the best company is! if anyone here knows the BEST Hi-Vis Yellow Braided Line I'd love to know what it is! thanks y'all!
><(((º>        <º)))><

Smallie_Stalker

That's a very open ended question. You are going to get a bunch of different responses with each person telling you what they think is the best brand of line. It's kind of like asking what fast food restaurant makes the best burger.

Personally I prefer Spiderwire Glo-Vis. You are going to have other people tell you Spiderwire is garbage and that Power Pro, or Tatsu or whatever brand they prefer is better.

In the end it's like all things fishing. You should try as many different brands as possible and find the one that works best for YOU. That is the key - what works best for YOU.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

LgMouthGambler

I personally prefer Power Pro.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

MarkusBett18

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 30, 2017, 03:58:31 PM
I personally prefer Power Pro.

Super Slick or just Normal Power Pro Braid!
><(((º>        <º)))><

bigjim5589

I have to agree with Smallie. I prefer Sufix 832 in hi vis yellow.

The fact that all these brands stay around is because folks buy them & keep using them. That means they're all good products. Most such products are chosen based on what folks like or don't like about each.

The only "best" is what's best for each of us, and only way to find what that is to try them & see for yourself.  ~shade

That may not be a great answer because of the cost of trying them, but IMO, something like that needs to be done over time. There's no way to make a good comparison & assessment without fishing with these lines often, and give them a thorough test.  ;)
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

MarkusBett18

><(((º>        <º)))><

Terry G

I use regular Pro-Pro Yellow

SFL BassHunter

You can't go wrong with Normal Powerpro. The yellow should be exactly what you need.

PP at walmart is like 13 bucks a spool. At Academy its also about 13 bucks a spool.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

kadas

Another vote for Power Pro

SteveTX

I use Power Pro in Moss Green a lot, a whole lot. But I just recently started using some Berkley Trilene Tracer Braid. So far its been surprisingly good. I do believe it might start to fray just a tad quicker than Power Pro when I keep throwing it into cat tails but its typically not for pitching I dont think. That Hi-Vis stuff to me is more of a patience style line. Something like laying a worm on the bottom where your line watching mainly.

I never used a strait Yellow braid though.  :P  lo

Oldfart9999

Power Pro has become my braid of choice!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Pferox

I actually can recommend a few other lines to consider.

Only available above 20lb is the stuff from Bullbuster.net.  It is pretty good stuff for the price.

Sufix 832 is great stuff IMO.

Another inexpensive (usually) line that comes in different bright colors is KastKing.  That is some good stuff that can be found at a reasonable price.

Power pro is good stuff too, just not a line I use much.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

MarkusBett18

Alright thank you guys! I just purchased 300 yards of HiVis power pro for $26
><(((º>        <º)))><

Marc4166

I was exclusively using PP moss green (really like it). On a recommendation from someone I tried Kastking on a few reels (blue for freshwater and hi vis yellow for salt). I haven't been able to tell the difference! Kastking from Amazon is 327 yards of 15 lb braid for $14.98. It bleeds a little but so does the PP. many color options for any size test.  hope this helps.