My pee hole was plugged

Started by cojab, October 30, 2017, 08:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cojab

When ever I start my outboard, I always check to make sure I am flowing water. Last time out I fired up the engine, looked back, and nothing. I shut down immediately and went back to look. The pee hole was plugged with what looked like a broken off stick.
I had the tools to cut the line inside the cowling but no hose clamp to reattach it. I ended up just straitening out a hook and digging out the blockage.

Lesson learned. Always check the pee hole and pack plenty of tools but also pack some hardware.

When I got home I also had a talk with a young man that likes to play in my boat. Poor kid felt pretty bad.
TTK has spoken.

FloridaFishinFool

When I had that same problem it was a piece of the impeller that broke off and flowed up and got stuck in the pee hole reducing the cooling water flow by about half.

Pays to check these things out before it costs big bucks...
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

Sandman7925

That pee hole has probably ruined more fishing trips than anything else. Flush it, check it, run it....repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldfart9999

Not sure of which way this thread was going I very carefully opened it. lo lo lo ~shade

Don't have your problem Cojab but I carry a piece of weed wacker string, .080, in case the pee hole plugs on the water.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

cojab

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on October 31, 2017, 06:47:13 AM
Not sure of which way this thread was going I very carefully opened it. lo lo lo ~shade

Don't have your problem Cojab but I carry a piece of weed wacker string, .080, in case the pee hole plugs on the water.
Rodney

Thats a good idea OF. Would be great if it was mud, spiderweb etc. plugging it.
TTK has spoken.

SteelHorseCowboy

Oh thank goodness, I thought we were talking about kidney stones. I think I've still got my last one in the car.

Lipripper

And them pesky dirt dobbers love to build their nest in there also. Rodney that's a good thing to have for cleaning out the pee hole. SHC you carry your last kidney stone around in your car.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SteelHorseCowboy

That thing was huge, I'll post a pic later if I can find it.
If dirt dobbers go after that, it's gonna be hell.

LgMouthGambler

Well, this thread got really interesting.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Smallie_Stalker

Yep, with my recent health quandaries and visits to the Urologist I was thinking this might be about something different.  ;) ::) ~shade
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Lipripper

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 31, 2017, 12:51:16 PM
Well, this thread got really interesting.  lo
They kind of tie together  lo lo

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Lipripper on October 31, 2017, 05:34:37 PM
They kind of tie together  lo lo

Well, sort of. As long as you remember that the .080 weed whacker string should only be inserted in the pee hole of a motor and not...................................... ~shade
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Lipripper

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on October 31, 2017, 05:37:28 PM
Well, sort of. As long as you remember that the .080 weed whacker string should only be inserted in the pee hole of a motor and not...................................... ~shade
~roflmao ~roflmao some of them gallstones you pass can fell like a  .080 weed whacker string   :'(

Terry G

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on October 31, 2017, 05:31:36 PM
Yep, with my recent health quandaries and visits to the Urologist I was thinking this might be about something different.  ;) ::) ~shade

With my kidney stones I have the PEE HOLE probled

Oldfart9999

Oh Cojab, this thread sure has taken a downturn!! From protecting your outboard to "water sports"! ~shade :shocking: lo lo lo
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

SteelHorseCowboy

Quote from: Lipripper on October 31, 2017, 05:39:33 PM
~roflmao ~roflmao some of them gallstones you pass can fell like a  .080 weed whacker string   :'(
.080? That's it? Pfft.

But why was it in my car? Easier to explain than you'd think. My doc said to collect it. I assumed he meant "collect it and bring it in". When I tried to give it to him he says, "Oh no, you take that to a urologist."
Okay. So it was in my car for several days while I tried to wrangle a urologist appointment. Turns out, my sorry insurance doesn't cover it. But I can get all the birth control pills I want, thanks to our goobermint.
I just forgot about it. It's now been respectfully laid to rest in the garbage can.