Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fluorocarbon Fishing Line  (Read 925 times)

Princeton_Man

• CM Forum Staff
  • My Mission is goin' fishin'
    • J.Langridge
Re: Fluorocarbon Fishing Line
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2017, 07:46:51 AM »

Here's a question I have had but never asked.......if a chain (line) is only as strong as its weakest link (point), wouldn't a 12 lb flouro line negate the strength of the 20 lb braid down to 12lbs?

I use 50lb braid, wouldn't any flouro at a lower strength then become max pressure I can exert on line?

Thanks

X2 what Rick and LMG said.

I rarely use a leader with braid. I will when fishing rocks. In addition to the abrasion resistance, it also provides a break point if I'm fishing jigs or soft plastics in rocky bottoms. If my bait gets wedged between rocks beyond retrieval, I can break it off without loosing any of my braid. So the leader helps reduce my losses.

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Proud Member LSCR Club

merc1997

• Sponsors
  • Baby Bass
Re: Fluorocarbon Fishing Line
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2017, 09:45:24 AM »

X2 what Rick and LMG said.

I rarely use a leader with braid. I will when fishing rocks. In addition to the abrasion resistance, it also provides a break point if I'm fishing jigs or soft plastics in rocky bottoms. If my bait gets wedged between rocks beyond retrieval, I can break it off without loosing any of my braid. So the leader helps reduce my losses.
i have never had an issue with braid in rocks.  i tie straight to the lure.  yes, braid will scuff, just as any other line does, and you HAVE to look at braid, not just feel.  table rock did not get that name for nothing.  i fish in sharp rocks all the time.  now you do have to follow the rules of braid.  when hung up, do not sit there snapping your rod as you do with other types of line.  braid has no stretch and you will sure enough CUT your line into.  just pint your rod straight at the lure and reel up the slack and gently pull straight back.  this does not mean lift up on your rod.  pull straight back.  it lure does not come loose.  get straight over the lure and again point your rod straight down at the lure and lift up only pulling on the line not loading the rod up.  if this did not work, get out the lure retriever and knock it loose.  to use braid, you have to follow the rules of braid.  i went through the whole laundry list of don'ts while first using braid, but i knew how much it would improve feel and hook sets.  i have many folks sit in my boat and try to use braid, but are always cussing it until i take the time to teach them the rules of braid.  just learn the rules of braid, and it will fish in rocks, just as well as any other line.  you do still have to retie braid like any other line.  keep check on it just as you do any other line.

bo
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 34 queries.