Nov Bassin, BS'n with some Turkey

Started by Donald Garner, November 01, 2017, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lipripper

Sorry your to tired to go fishing so you must really be tired. I wish I could take naps. never have been a napper. Having been raised in Texas and lived in Ga for several years I know what you mean about them pest.  ~xyz Hope you can find what your looking for at  hobby lobby.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,

Mostly Clear Skies with the temps in the low 70's most of the day today here in Central Texas.  Mostly a quiet day today.  I had to do a service order for a repair job on our small bleachers.  I'm still trying to figure out how a 9/16" bolt and nut was taken out of the bleacher steps ~shade  We did a couple minor repairs here today and its amazing how these kids take stuff apart with out tools  :-\  Oh well the guys will be here in a day or so and they'll spent 1/2 day fixing it  ::)

Bud; Tks again for sending me that UB logo.  I'm going to play around with it here soon and I'll post the results on here once I'm done.   Wow light frost that kinda early for youns down there for sure.  We haven't had any cold weather 'Frost' here yet where I live at that I can remember this year so far.  That potato soup sure sound good on a chilly night.

Lip; Tks for the juice brother.  I got the frayed line issue taken care of yesterday.  While doing that I found that my tip guide 'Ceramic insert' had come loose and was sliding down the line.  I got it popped back in and secured it with some super glue  ~bb   They more than likely wouldn't pop out if I didn't take the rod tip and punch the bait loose from a snag   ~b~  Got the Stratos boat covered back up and we're just waiting for the next trip out.

SHC; Good luck finding that paint to touch up those baits with.

Rodney; Pray all is well with ya brother.

To everyone have a pleasant evening and a really good day tomorrow.

Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Oldfart9999

Evening all!! Weather was here, sunny, cloudy, nice, not nice, truck is back in the driveway, walked up yesterday to see what was up, walked back home, fast all the way, pulled something in my groin, hurts quite a bit, won't be on the elliptical, stairmaster or leg workout at the gym for a couple 3 days ~rant ~xyz ~xyz ~rant The boat will be winterized this weekend, only cold forecast for the foreseeable future, it's time. :( :'( :( :'( I'm able to take my med so far, have to see how it handles my sugar. My allergy season, ears plugged, can't hear a thing. :( ;D :( ;D Sometimes a good thing, sometimes not. Sometimes life aint no fun, :( makes the good times better!! ;D This 2 shall pass. lo ;)
Lip, I didn't mean to preach, I see a lot of kids walking, sitting, even driving with their eyes glued to a tiny screen, we're running out of hunters and fisherman/woman but are gaining a lot of folks that don't know the outdoors, how to be civil, respect the rights of others, able to handle a problem and a whole bunch of other crap.
Donald, must be the little people suddenly heard that Santa is watching them and might give them toys, hope you handcuffs and a few ball and chains! I'll be going through all my gear soon, inventory, clean and lube, all the usual stuff.
SHC, ice, snow cold weather, frozen water, slippery roads but no bugs, just move up here, we have an area, Tug Hill Plateau that gets 200 plus inches of snow a year, outdoor paradise.
Rodney     
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Evening Donald and Rodney and Donald didn't you know them 9/16" bolt and nut just have a way of coming off by themselves. lo lo Rodney no problem and you ought to know me well enough by now to know preaching don't bother me and beside I agree with what your saying. ;D Sorry to hear about your pulled something in my groin  :'( I guess you shouldn't of been walking so fast. Glad you got your truck back anyway and sorry to hear it's time to winterize your baby this weekend. I know how that's going to make you feel. Y'all have a good evening and see y'all tomorrow.

Oldfart9999

TGIF!!! TGIF!!! Now back to work to get this day done and over with. I used to like Fridays, 2 days off, the eagle farted, now I get my check on a Wednesday and and I'm off everyday unless there's a honeydo.
32 headed to I don't know, sunny, the calm before the storm, supposed to be a nasty weekend. Groin feels much better. ;D Now if I could get my ears cleared out......
Donald, I bet that nut and bolt weren't tight to begin with and with all the jumping up and down kids do it wasn't long before they came loose and fell out, sometimes it's not the kids, not many but once in awhile. lo ;) Good deal finding the loose insert before it caused any more damage, hate when that happens.
Lip, got my baby back, now I can head out and get what I need to cover the boat for the winter, I also hook the trailer to the boat when I climb into it to do any work, makes it more solid, otherwise it wobbles a bit.
SHC, what colors are painting the baits? How's the pup?
Have a great weekend, stay warm!!!
Rodney

Lipripper

everyone and It's 36* but with the 16 MPH wind out of the S it feels like 28* it's over cast and  ~rain is on the way and Rodney it's suppose to be cool and  ~rain and maybe some passing also. Glad your Groin is feeling much better this morning but sorry to hear your ear is still giving you trouble. Make sure your baby is all tucked in for the long cold winter. I went out yesterday and picked up a spare tank or propane for my Weber Grill just in case the on eon it runs out next time I'm out there cooking. I can stil cook out there in the cold cause I have a electric heater that I can plug in close to the grill to help keep me warm. Hope everyone has a good day and a great weekend and be safe out there and remember to say a prayer for Mike nad Laurie and the boys and their daughter also,

Bud Kennedy

Another nice day at the beach.  Cool start but going to near 70.  Heading out to pick up the boat and put it on the charger just to exercise the batteries.  Still have some repair to do to one of the side bunks on the trailer so I might as well do that while it is here and the weather is good.  Everyone have a great day.

Lipripper

Morning Bud and boy would I love some of them 70* days. So did you get your yard mowed for the last time this season yet? You have a great day and be safe out there.

Bud Kennedy

Yep, got the lawn mowed yesterday.  Hope it is the last time but we still have some growing weather up till January or so.  Might have to do it again

SteelHorseCowboy

Morning everyone!
Yes, TGIF!
Had to take the little dog back to the vet today. She managed to get the "cone of shame" off and chewed a couple of stitches loose. I snugged one back down but the other one's gone. I pulled out one of my suture kits to throw another one in but our daughter kinda freaked at the thought.
Fine, fine... not like I haven't done it a few hundred times myself. And that's an easy one! Try stitching a calf's belly after a tussle with a boar.

Boar=SHOOT ON SIGHT

Didn't do any casting practice yesterday. Stopped at the bait shop, saw a neat looking little swim jig. Figured this seems to be a year of firsts, so why not go ahead and grab it? I didn't have a white one as of yet, so I did.

I plan to try my luck this evening or tomorrow morning. Have to get some clothes washed and help the youngest pack, he's headed up to his mom's place for thanksgiving. Which also means I get to make that pleasant drive through Dallas tomorrow evening. Yay!
No kidding, I'd rather drive around Dallas than West Monroe. It's more hectic and crazier, but at least those folks CAN drive.
I narrowly avoided two accidents just on my ride to work this morning, and several more while making my rounds.
"Oh, what's that coming my way? A white F150 with a flashing yellow caution light about 20 yards away in a 50mph zone? I think I'll just mosey on out in front of him at idle speed..."
SMDH. These people.

Lipripper

Morning SHC and your right them Boars can cut you like a hot knife going through soft butter. I don't like driving in all that traffic. I don't go out up here around Chicago unless I have to.  ~sweat Hope you catch something on your new swim jig. If not let me know so I can fire up my printer  ;D

Oldfart9999

Good morning!! 36, raining, headed to 48, raining, in between raining, possible high winds, supposed to be like this for the next several days. I stripped the electronics, all my tackle all that stuff yesterday, have to make the frame for the tarp and and pull it over. I tie the frame but mostly use 1/2-3/4 milk jugs filled with water also to hold the tarp down. I've had problems with rope stretching allowing loose covering that holds water, snow and ice, the milk jugs keep everything tight as they have a constant pull down because of their weight, works quite well.
Bud, mowed my lawn for the last time 2 weeks ago, it's grown maybe a 1/4 of an inch, the garden is all set, the garlic has been planted, my wife did about cloves, I think that maybe enough. lo
Lip, I have to move the smoker to it's winter location and swap ends on the gas grill and snow blower, I keep the blower in a location so I can plug it in to start it, the cord stays plugged in.
SHC, nice looking swim jig, looks like a Poison Tail jig, I cast those , they work great!! Sorry to hear about the pup, if they work at it they can usually get out of those things, they don't know it's for their protection.
Donald, you getting out today? How close are you to heading North?
Have a great day, stay warm and dry!!
Rodney 

Bud Kennedy

Weather guessers calling for another 70 degree day today.  They said that yesterday but it did not quite make it.  Just got to 67 yesterday.  A little light frost on the roof tops this morning and temps at 40 when I got up at about 6:30AM.

Was nice having the boat here at the house yesterday.  Got to put the batteries on the charger but could not fix one of my side bunks on the trailer.  The Hardware is rusted and would not move.  Did not feel like taking a chance on busting my knuckles so I just let it go for another time. 

Lipripper

everyone and it's 44* but feels like 37* with that 23 MPH wind blowing out of the NNE and it's been  ~rain off and on here too but most of th eheaver stuff has done passed and the mixed freezing stuff stayed just north of us. Rodney sounds like you just about got the Good Ship OLd Fart bedded down for the winter I hope you left a couple of lures in there to keep her company through the long cold winter. You know sort of like a   lo lo So how many cloves of garlic did the Mrs plant. My gas grill is out in the open but under the garage porch roof so it stays covered to keep the  ~rain and off it and I have a extension cord running out from under the garage door to plug the heater in so I'm all set for the winter.  ;D Hope everyone has a nice day and be safe out there and remember to say a prayer fo Mike and Laurie and the boys and their daughter also .

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to everyone,

Clear skies 72 dgrs wind howling at 20mph gusting to 40mph :surrender:  Was having dinner with Carl at his place it over looks Belton Lake.  The wind was gusting so hard you couldn't see nothing but white caps   ~shade  Not much happening here today.  I got up and did some laundry went to Walmart for a little shopping had lunch with Carl and his wife.  Stopped by Lowes to check on some Plexiglas sheets.  Tomorrow after church I'm pulling the cover off the Stratos and going to remove the stereo and speakers from the rod boxes.  I've never listen to it and the speakers have been damaged now so out they're coming.  I'm going to cover the holes with those Plexiglas sheets.

Lip; We got our strong winds coming out of the NNW.  The flags in the front yard are Locked Out strait ~shade

Bud; Good luck with getting the Ranger Trailer squared away.  Boat trailers are not cheap even with the bare minimum safety stuff on them. 

Rodney;   Hope the injury is starting to get better.  Can't stay or remember every having that injury.  That sux that your fishing season is over with now.  I'm glad I live down here were I can fish year round.  I'll be heading up to Anchorage Alaska on the evening of the 22nd of Dec.  We already got the tickets.  I'm really looking forward to a White Christmas and being with my son and his family during the holidays.

SHC; Be safe in your traveling over to the Dallas / Ft. Worth Area.

To everyone have a pleasant weekend whets left of it.  Be safe in your travels also.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Lipripper

everyone and it's 32* but feels like 22* with that 24 MPH wind blowing out of the WNW and it's overcast but the wet stuff has moved on over to the other side of the lake and beyond. Thewe have just about already reached our hig for today which is going to be 35*. Yelp it's st winter. Donald starting to look and feel more like winter. Donald I know your excited to be going up there to your son's for Christmas and there's a great chance that it will be white.  ;D Hope you have a good day and try to relax a little. Rodney how's the ear doing today and your stomach still messed up? What we having for dinner today ? SH how's your little girl doing today and is she getting adjusted to her missing leg? Like Donald said have a safe trip and drive safe over there in Dallas. So did you get out and try out your new Jig yet. Bud good luck on your search for a new trailer. Hope everyone has a great day and be safe out there.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

Clear skies 43dgrs for the start of the day here in Central Texas  ~sun  I'm off to church here in a little bit.  Hadn't decided yet whether to come back home and eat or go somewhere to eat  :-\    I'm going to tinker with the Stratos this afternoon.  I need to take some measurement of those speaker holes that need covering and the stereo itself.  I stopped by Lowes yesterday they have some pre-cut stuff already.
After that nothing else planned except relaxing.  Everyone is off this week for Thanksgiving in the school district except the Maintenance dept.  We have to work Mon & Tues only. 

Lip; Yep there is almost a 100 % chance of a white Christmas up in Alaska  ;)  It will be good to see everyone up there again.  They're suppose to come back to Texas for Easter again. 

To everyone have a very pleasant day.  Hope all the aches and pains are kept to a minimum today.  Be safe traveling if you have to be out on the road.

-Shawn-

Howdy Folks!  We've been working in an area that has next to NOTHING for cell phone and internet service... I didn't even think that this was possible anymore...  :shocking:

Sure is killing my UB time.  :surrender:

Lipripper

Afternoon Shawn and yelp there are still spots out there like that. So y'all getting ready for your cruse soon? When y'all going to fix that motor and go fishing? Donald so what did you decide on eat out or use up some more of the vittles the Mrs made up for you? You get the work done on the boat and it's nice y'all only have to work on Mon & tues so you going over to Carl's for Turkey day or you going to cook up something?

Oldfart9999

Evening everybody!! 36 when I got up, snowing, possible rain, cloudy ugh!! :( Went to Mass later, 11:00 we had a meeting for the Palm Sunday Gospel, not much the rest of the day, freaking weather, my ears are still stuffed from allergies, I wish it would freeze!! ~xyz ~rant ~rant ~xyz If it doesn't rain tomorrow I'll finish covering the boat. :'( :(
Lip, we had mama's homemade chili, very tasty!! Got up to 39 but we still had snow flurries, upper atmosphere is colder than lower, unusual but what is causing the snow we are getting.
Bud, spray some liquid wrench or a similar product on the rusted hardware then let it set for a couple days, spray it every so often and you won't have to worry about busted knuckles, if you were up here we could put an air impact on the hardware and bust it loose. This is the work I don't like doing means I'm not fishing for 3 or 4 months! :(
Donald, watch any games to day? The groin is doing much better, no more pain I'm just creeping up on my workout to not injure myself.
Rodney

Lipripper

Evening Rodney and I saw on the weather app that y'all had a mix of stuff going through your area. Glad it didn't amount to anything. We had some of the same go through here yesterday. That chili sounds good. Sorry your ear isn't getting any better. :'( You have a good evening.

SteelHorseCowboy

Evening folks, sorry I ain't checked in much the past couple days, busy busy busy!
Lip, the little girl is adjusting pretty well. She did end up getting some staples and a bigger cone, but she doesn't seem to mind the staples at all. She hated the stitches.

Got Junior on a plane Baltimore bound last night. Met his pilot in passing, dang near turned around and went home. He looked fresh out of the tenth grade, mentioned he'd only been on the job about 4 months. But then we met the copilot. Gray headed fella, said he'd been flying about 30 years. Okey dokey then!
We left the house around 1300, and got back around 0200. Long ride, and I can't handle those sort of trips like I useta-could. We sat in the driveway and blew the horn until our daughter and her friend came out and helped pry us out of the car. The Traverse would have been so much more comfortable, but it also gets close to ten miles less per gallon.
Somedays I HATE my little car. But it's what I could afford, and after 5 years and 133,000 miles, it's proven fairly reliable.

Shawn, there very much are places that have no signal. My home is one of them. When I post to UB from home, I'm usually sitting out in the car in the driveway, near the road. On bad weather days, or really chilly evenings like this, I'm currently typing this up on Evernote; a note taking app on my phone. When I get ready to post it later, I'll copy and paste it. Tonight it's just Connie and I, so we're going out to dinner someplace where I'll have signal.
This is a regular thing for me.
Need to send a text, I'll write it and send it later, or go out to the road. Go out by the road to make a phone call. Need to look something up, go out by the road.
My property is such a dead spot, HughesNet gave me a full refund because not even satellite can reach me.
Google literally can't find me. If you look up my address on google maps, it comes up in the middle of a cotton field about 3-4 miles away.
On the plus side, we get peace and quiet in the house.
This is also part of the reason why some of my posts are so long. Gotta get it all out at once!

Went fishing this afternoon. Don't plug the printer back in just yet Lip, I caught a nice little white bass! First fish I've caught with my new Curado, was using a 3" white swim bait on a weighted hook, in the very same channel I saw the dinosaur last weekend.

Oldfart9999

HAPPY HAPPY MONDAY!!! Short week guys!!! Make yourself good and hungry, get ready for all the turkey and stuffing and candied yams and mashed taters, and pumpkin pie and stuff!! Gonna be a whole lot of burping going on!!! lo lo lo ::) ::) 32, flurries, cloudy, headed for 40 or so, windy, typical for this time of year. Might get to the boat tarp today, my hands don't do well with the cold and wind though. Made it to the gym at 4:00 am, 40 on the stairmaster, 4 sets on the abdominal, shoulder work, home to a bowl of hot oatmeal. ;D ~bb I'll get my allergy shots a bit later.
Lip, it's typical weather for November here, I'm thinking it won't warm up til spring this year though. My wife made enough chili for dinner tonight again. ;D ;D
Nice looking white bass SHC! I don't care for airports myself, flying I enjoy just don't like having to get there 2 hours early then standing around, guess it's needed but don't have to like it.
Donald, you doing any fishing this week or working on the Stratos? At least you won't have the trouble makers hanging around this week!!
Have a great day, stay warm!!
Rodney

Lipripper

and It's 34* but feels like 25* with that 20 MPH wind blowing and when it gets a litle lighter out the  ~sun dhould show up and it;s suppose to reach 31* today and I have about 6 LB of Deer Stakes in the fridge that has been marinating in Grill Master Mesquite Marinade over night and since it's going to warm up I will cook them out on the grill along with some cut up potatoes with green peppers and onions mixed all together with olive oil and a little seasoning salt wrapped up in foil. I got some running around to do first and by the time I get done with that and getting the potatoes ready it should be warm enough to go out and fire up the grill. SHC you do live in a dead spot. ~sweat That's a nice size white bass. Is that the only one of them you caught. Most of the time you catch one you can find a while school of them, They are fun to catch. Glad the little girl is doing ok and I know how much they hate them Cones. They are funny to watch when they have one of them things on.  lo lo Glad you made it back home safe. Rodney sounds like y'all are getting hammered by that wind, I saw a story about it on our news last where the waves were smashing up on your shores over there. I hope you can get your tarp on the boat today in all that wind and cold. You sure do get up early to go to the gym. 4:00 your time is 3:00 our time. I think we have seen out last real warm days also I don't think we will get much above 50* and when we do reach that it won't be but for a day or two then back down in the 30's . Donald enjoy the quite time at work without the kids and here's you some fresh and for your morning break. Hope everyone has a great day and be safe out there and remember to say a prayer for Mike and Laurie and the kids and their daughter also.

SteelHorseCowboy

Mornin everyone!
Low thirties this morning, had frost on the windshield and just a touch on the ground. BRING IT ON! I wanna see some negative temps! I'll sit right in front of the heater, wrapped in a blanket and stuffed inside a sleeping bag, sipping on some hot cocoa and coffee while I enjoy imagining the dying screams of all the little pests...
Spiders, fleas, chiggers, mosquitos, beware! Jack Frost ain't nipping at your nose, he's chewing on your soul! Same way you been chewing on us and the dogs! BWAHAHAHA!
I consider us lucky as hell though. Even with all the pine trees on the property, I've never spotted a single tick the entire 5 years I've lived here.
My son's poor dog though. Such a thick undercoat it's damn near impossible to eradicate the fleas on him, even prescription pills from the vet aren't entirely effective. I felt horrible for him the other day, but couldn't help laughing. He was trying to eat, but had a great big ol' fat flea right on his butt, directly in the "exit only" lane! Y'all remember the old Preparation H commercials where some poor fella's trying to sit through jury duty with a raging case of 'roids? It was just like that! I wasn't about to brush it off with my hand, and when I swatted it with the duster he completely lost his mind! Still won't look me in the eye! Haha!
Could you imagine someone doing that to YOU, while you're trying to eat some dinner?

Lip, yep, that's the only one I caught. Hooked one a bit smaller but it got off, then it started getting a bit chilly for my tastes. Seeing as I'm solely in it for the fun, I'm happy with just one. So I packed up and headed home. Heck, I'm happy with none! But downright giddy with a bunch!
I had a few more taps on my swimbait, but they weren't committed.

As for the dead zone, I just happen to live dead center between 3 towers that don't quite overlap, leaving about 2 out of my 3 acres almost completely dead. Those happen to be the two front acres, with my house being situated on the first one closest to the road. My choices are to walk about halfway to the road on a normal day, or out behind the barn. On good days I can get enough signal by the front window to receive a text or to log on and do some reading, but can't send anything.
So that explains the cell signal. What has my mind boggled is the satellite signal. The installers tried several spots in the yard, all with a clear view of the southern sky, and the best we could get was about 1700Kbps. That's about as fast as quick dial up speeds from the 90's, not good for much besides checking email. The service I'd paid for was for 80Mbps, but I can check email from my phone while walking around in the yard.
Several attempts in several locations, couldn't get it any better. The installers even built a little temporary frame to prop it up on the roof, so they could try that without having to drill holes or sink screws into the house.
After three weeks of trouble shooting and moving the dish around all over the property, and even exchanging the equipment twice, HughesNet finally said "We give up, we'll refund your money." They left the equipment though, told me to just sell it or throw it away.
That shouldn't happen with satellite. Satellite's what folks use when they live in places like the mountains of Wyoming and Montana. It's what we used in Afghanistan and Iraq. Two of my neighbors have satellite and it works fine. I even got permission from one to put the dish on his property and run the line to my place, but the installers weren't allowed to do it. HughesNet said "liability concerns". I don't blame 'em.
Maybe it's geological instead of geographical? My house sits on a built up hill, but it's just dirt and gravel.
Maybe the government buried and alien spacecraft! I'd better dust off my tin-foil hat!