just some (un)exotic fishes

Started by Izzi Fishing, November 10, 2017, 06:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izzi Fishing

Hi I'm just posting this topic to introduce you some fish I've caught on my kayak during my hollydays in french Brittany . well, I don't know if you have or not these species in your waters that's why I just wanted to share with you some pictures to make you travel and see other environments .
If you are interested in I can subtitle my pics with the name of the fish .
cheers ! (and forgive my english please ...)

Izzi Fishing

click on them to dowload and enjoy their colours !

zippyduck

Beautiful fish! Were you fishing in a fish tank?
What are they?
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Capt. BassinLou

Colorful fish!! Are these fresh or saltwater fish?

Izzi Fishing

hi !  It was in Brittany near a small city named "Carantec" , so I was fishing in the transparent water of the english channel .

Izzi Fishing

You may know these fish because their cousins live on your shores ...

Pferox

Quote from: Izzi Fishing on November 10, 2017, 07:13:06 PM
You may know these fish because their cousins live on your shores ...
Yea they look familiar around here, we call them whiting.  They are good eating.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Lipripper

Some nice looking fish and thanks for sharing them with us.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SFL BassHunter

Yeah those look like saltwater fish. Thanks for sharing, they are very beautiful.

The first one I thought for a second Lionfish but maybe its family.

The last one sure does look like a whiting like Pferox said. Though I've only caught smaller ones. They do taste good that is for sure.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Izzi Fishing

Hi !  I'm back (jetlag piss me off  ~rant) you seem to be interested in these fishes . So , I will help you a bit :
-The first fish is called a "rouget grondin".    " rouget" means"reddish" in french because of its colour and "grondin" can be translated by "rumbling" because when you get it off the water it makes a kind of low roar (with its tong pressing on its throat I guess) , but your right because in a way it looks like a bit a lion fish ...                                    Ps : it tastes very good

- The second one is very usual in brittany 's shores, it lives hidden between blocks of rock and eat mussel and other shells brocken by the waves, crabs and small fishes getting a bit to close from it . So as you have already understood it's a very oportunistic fish but which struggle strongly and for a long time before giving off . Its name is a "vieille coquette"  .   "vieille" meaning "old" and "coquette" meaning stylish or fashionable women"  lo

- The last fish contrary to what you thaught isn't a whiting but a common sea bass (a bit skinny anyway) . But it's on me, the picture wasn't very good . It's a small one and I caught better ones during my hollydays . Actually when I told you about the fact that you may know its cousin I was thinking about "striped bass" that , unfortunately we don't have over there  :'(

Capt. BassinLou

How is it kayaking on the English Channel?

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Izzi Fishing on November 11, 2017, 12:42:32 PM
Hi !  I'm back (jetlag piss me off  ~rant) you seem to be interested in these fishes . So , I will help you a bit :
-The first fish is called a "rouget grondin".    " rouget" means"reddish" in french because of its colour and "grondin" can be translated by "rumbling" because when you get it off the water it makes a kind of low roar (with its tong pressing on its throat I guess) , but your right because in a way it looks like a bit a lion fish ...                                    Ps : it tastes very good

- The second one is very usual in brittany 's shores, it lives hidden between blocks of rock and eat mussel and other shells brocken by the waves, crabs and small fishes getting a bit to close from it . So as you have already understood it's a very oportunistic fish but which struggle strongly and for a long time before giving off . Its name is a "vieille coquette"  .   "vieille" meaning "old" and "coquette" meaning stylish or fashionable women"  lo

- The last fish contrary to what you thaught isn't a whiting but a common sea bass (a bit skinny anyway) . But it's on me, the picture wasn't very good . It's a small one and I caught better ones during my hollydays . Actually when I told you about the fact that you may know its cousin I was thinking about "striped bass" that , unfortunately we don't have over there  :'(

Sea bass I would not have guessed that lol.

The sea bass I have caught here well, in New Jersey are Black Sea Bass and look like this:

They are delicious!
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Smallie_Stalker

Congrats on the catches Izzi and thanks for sharing the pictures with us.  ~c~  Those are some very beautiful colors they have.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Izzi Fishing

What a beautiful fish!  It seems to be very strong and powerful because of its "round" and massive shape  . 
Quote from: Bassinlou on November 11, 2017, 01:31:42 PM
How is it kayaking on the English Channel?
It was absolutely awesome ! I had the chance to hav a perfect weather with no wind, no waves and a sunny week . Actually I wasn't really kayaking into the english channel, I was fishing in an "aber" that is to say a kind of very small estuary where a river dives into the sea, snaking between the many rocky and small islands that make from this place a very sheltered area .

basss

Ehhh ... they're fish ... so welcome ...
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard