On Board Battery Charger

Started by Bud Kennedy, November 11, 2017, 09:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

Before spring, I would like to upgrade my onboard battery charger from its current 2 bank to a 3 bank system.  My current system is working but is quite old so I am thinking I should be proactive and start considering this upgrade.

I have no idea what unit to consider.  There are just so many to look at with price ranges all over the place.  I would like to hear some recommendations on what to consider.

WTodd

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on November 11, 2017, 09:54:18 AM
Before spring, I would like to upgrade my onboard battery charger from its current 2 bank to a 3 bank system.  My current system is working but is quite old so I am thinking I should be proactive and start considering this upgrade.

I have no idea what unit to consider.  There are just so many to look at with price ranges all over the place.  I would like to hear some recommendations on what to consider.
The Minn Kota Precision charger is what I have and IMO is the GOAT! It costs a little more but you get what you pay for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bud Kennedy

?????  What do you mean it is a GOAT ??????

Capt. BassinLou

Bud Kennedy

ok thank.  You Flordia folks sure do talk funny,

WTodd

Quote from: Bassinlou on November 11, 2017, 12:30:10 PM
GOAT: Greatest of all time
Yep; the Precision charger does more than just charge...read about it

WTodd

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on November 11, 2017, 12:46:37 PM
ok thank.  You Flordia folks sure do talk funny,
I'm retired military; I didn't come up with GOAT but we have acronyms for just about anything