GloPro Lures

Started by Ice Cold Peanuts, January 03, 2018, 09:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice Cold Peanuts

Forgive me if this has been covered. I recently came into possession of some of GloPro's soft plastics. Worms, craws, flukes, etc. They pour the plastic with the glo-stick in the mold. Of course the glo-sticks fade after a while but they've made the plastic thinner at the insert spot for a new glo-stick. Refill sticks are only a couple bucks and the quality of the pour is top notch. Colors galore. The glow sticks come in at least 5-6 colors.

So...........Do you folks think they might be onto something or will this be another banjo minnow?
2004 Ranger Camache, Yamaha 150. Guess who thinks he's pretty cool now?

bigjim5589

Glow in the dark colors & such are not new, and they do seem to work well on some fish species, but not sure bass are one of them. I know some guys who fish for walleye & they swear that glow & these UV paints work wonders on them. So I guess it depends.  :-\
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Ice Cold Peanuts

Ha, I'd forgotten about glo-stick use for walleyes. I don't chase them so it slipped my mind. GloPro has soft rattle-trap type baits as well as hard jerk baits where the glow stick can be inserted. No, I'm not working for them. Just fascinated. Pictures on the website show some nice bass.
2004 Ranger Camache, Yamaha 150. Guess who thinks he's pretty cool now?

analfisherman

They're a Wisconsin based company.
Got some buddies who use the Micro Fry and Micro Dancers through the ice.

They like them.
But they also use these jigs that you 'flash' in a little case and they glow for X amount of time.
Not with the Fry and Dancers.....waxies and spikes on the Ice Jigs.

Glowing baits are BIG for the Ice Anglers!
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

zippyduck

I've had great luck with walleye, brow trout, and steelhead. Zero and I mean not one bite for bass even smallie ignored it in Erie. And the smallies in Erie hit some awful bright colored soft plastics.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Mike Cork

I've actually had pretty good luck on some spinnerbaits that were painted with a glowing paint. They were very effective in low light conditions. Was it the glow or just the proper blade combination or color of the skirt? I'll really never know, but I can say it didn't chase them off.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service