What Bait Would You Like

Started by Lipripper, November 14, 2017, 04:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catawba_Mike

I would like a Duo Realis G-Fix lipless in a shad color and 3/4 oz (or two or three). These cranks seem to work really well fished vertically in deep water in the late fall and winter here on Lake Norman.
Catawba Mike

basss

Quote from: Lipripper on December 17, 2017, 08:04:52 PM
bass have you used them live target's 55s crappie crankbait and if so how did you like them?

Have not, but would try one. What I fish has quite a bit of bluegill so figured might be a good bait to use.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

Lipripper

Quote from: basss on December 17, 2017, 08:08:15 PM
Have not, but would try one. What I fish has quite a bit of bluegill so figured might be a good bait to use.
if they catch gills they should catch Crappie also.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SteveTX

FYI - better get your ideas posted quickly if you want to assist with getting something specific. I know of one other who has already ordered his gifts and I just finished up getting all my ordering done. The person I drew no longer has a say. ;D Like it or not hes getting what is coming at this point.  lo

I think the guy will like the stuff. He actually helped out by posting/participating in threads that gave me some direction. 

Lipripper

yelp Steve I got mine ordered not to long after I found out who I got matched up with. I got lucky by reading his post he made over the last couple of years it didn't take me long to figure out what I was going to get him. The fun part is just about to start. I hope I get my order real soon so I can put part two of my plan in action.   lo lo

analfisherman

Quote from: SteveTX on December 18, 2017, 10:01:15 AM
FYI - better get your ideas posted quickly if you want to assist with getting something specific. I know of one other who has already ordered his gifts and I just finished up getting all my ordering done. The person I drew no longer has a say. ;D Like it or not hes getting what is coming at this point.  lo

I think the guy will like the stuff. He actually helped out by posting/participating in threads that gave me some direction. 

You guys telling me...........WAITING for the AFTER CHRISTMAS SALES.......isn't a good idea??????????

Now many of you Santas are efficient and well organized!

I on the other hand........am ANAL and UNORGANIZED!!!
And anything that can wait to be done tomorrow..........can CERTAINLY WAIT to be done a week from now!  ::) :)

BUT I DO HAVE A SYSTEM!!!!!!!!  ;D

Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2016, 12:59:08 PM »
ReplyQuoteModifyModify

Well I sat down and did some complex calculations this morning after going over the SS rules again.

This is what I came up with.

1. Get up real early tomorrow and check my PMs to see who's name I got this year for my gift recipient.

2. Pull up his name under the 'profile' page and go and check his posts.

3. Read his posts.

4. After finding out how and what he likes to fish with start by 'googling' best deals on the baits he uses/likes.

5. Search ALL & EVERY sale currently going on....just to make sure I get the very best price.

6. Go to the Gas Station and get a note pad to write down my findings in a neat and orderly fashion.

7. Review my findings and make sure I didn't forget anything.
    If I did, go back and Google again and then check both pages of notes and write a third one to be sure I have everything in a nice neat orderly fashion so I don't get confused by having multiple pages of notes.

8. Stop to have a snack.

9. Go back and check the recipients address and mine to make sure I don't goof either one up.

10. On a 4th page of paper add up all the prices of chosen gifts to be sure a reached $20.

11. Place order at chosen supplier and place order before noon to be sure that order gets shipped that day. Have it shipped directly to recipient and again recheck for correct addresses.

12. Then call supplier to confirm it will get shipped tomorrow.   

Can anyone see if I am missing any steps?
Do you think maybe I should pull an all nighter instead of waiting till tomorrow? Just encase one of the steps takes longer than the time I requisitioned for it.
Because it is extremely important to me that I make the Jan. 1st shipping date.

Please NOTE the date/dates this all took place LAST YEAR'S SS Project.   

Wish my target LUCK........or hope he believes in the Christmas in July Tradition!!!  8)
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Lipripper

That should just about cover it. I hope mine get back in the mail by that date. It's going to be cutting it real close. ~sweat

Kris

That is always the way I check on what baits the victim uses. I figure that me picking things for him may be things he has not tried before. Who knows, could be something successful that he wouldn't have picked himself.
My major problem is waiting for my SS so that I can order somethings. I have gone on and checked on some things and wouldn't you know it, Out of Stock. I will probably order direct from Monster and have them delivered to this Year's victim. Also gonna talk to Monster about the package being unnamed. My last victim was Zippyduck and he found it in the package. So I kinda think unnamed is the best way to go.
BTW, going through their messages really gives a lot of info on how they fish and what they use. Looking at their profile and signature can sometimes give you more.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

Lipripper

Quote from: Kris on December 18, 2017, 11:55:03 AM
That is always the way I check on what baits the victim uses. I figure that me picking things for him may be things he has not tried before. Who knows, could be something successful that he wouldn't have picked himself.
My major problem is waiting for my SS so that I can order somethings. I have gone on and checked on some things and wouldn't you know it, Out of Stock. I will probably order direct from Monster and have them delivered to this Year's victim. Also gonna talk to Monster about the package being unnamed. My last victim was Zippyduck and he found it in the package. So I kinda think unnamed is the best way to go.
BTW, going through their messages really gives a lot of info on how they fish and what they use. Looking at their profile and signature can sometimes give you more.
kris that's what I would of done when I put my order in at Monster on Saturday morning but I needed to add a few more things to it which I have at my house. I haven't heard anything back from them yet but should get an email notice today about my order and I hope they have everything I ordered. I think they do cause I ordered 4 or one of them and it changed it to 3 on hand so maybe I can get all of my order by the middle of the week so I can get it right back in the mail and send it on it's long journey. It's going to be cutting it close but I should be able to get it on it's way to it's final destination by the 5th of Jan 2018 deadline.

SteveTX

Quote from: analfisherman on December 18, 2017, 11:22:44 AM
You guys telling me...........WAITING for the AFTER CHRISTMAS SALES.......isn't a good idea??????????

I was just stating that those individuals that might have something in mind they might prefer from Secret Santa are running out of time posting on this thread. The thread is named "What Bait Would You Like"  ;)

By all means shop sales if you like. I did the Monster thing as well. A couple of items were on sale there I got.  I figured it was a sponsor so I helped a little bit there then I took the receipt and emailed it in to Mike for more chances to win the $150. :P

Oh I also asked that they not include identifying info in or on my package. I did this once before and they were happy to do it. Now that its closer to Christmas I am hoping they still will again or I'm screwed.  :shocking:

Lipripper

I just got an email from Monster that my order has been shipped USPS First Class Mail so I should have it by Thursday at the latest.  ~c~ ~c~ Steve that's the way to go and I would of went that route also but I have some more stuff to put in it so I need it to come to me first. I will just have to think of some other way to not be discovered who it was from  ;D

creekbasser

Dynamite is a favorite of mine. Locals aren't a fan of it and unfortunately it kills the fish but man it is effective

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SteveTX

Quote from: creekbasser on December 18, 2017, 04:13:36 PM
Dynamite is a favorite of mine. Locals aren't a fan of it and unfortunately it kills the fish but man it is effective

I can see sending that in the mail these days.  :shocking:
I can remember when I could go to the hardware store here and buy sticks of it and walk out no questions asked. Well they may ask just being nosy like if I was fishing etc.

Lipripper

Quote from: creekbasser on December 18, 2017, 04:13:36 PM

I prefer a crank telephone it's quite and it don't hurt the fish as much as Dynamite.  lo lo