New LSCR member

Started by 68camaro, December 19, 2017, 02:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68camaro

A couple weeks ago I became a proud first time owner of a LSCR custom rod. So far aesthetically and performance wise it has exceeded all my expectations.

I was looking for a rod to use with chatterbaits, buzz, spinners, bladed jigs etc...In discussing options with Lee we settled on the Point Blank blank described below, as far as design of rod I gave him artistic license knowing full well I would love it. The specs are:

PointBlank PB761MF 
Alps MVT seat         
Fuji Torzite guides   spiral
Carbon Fiber grip
Length: 7 ft 6 in cut down to 7'3
Action Angle: F • 65-degrees (RDA) • 76-degrees (CCS)
Power: Medium / 475gr (RDA) • ERN 22.8 (CCS)
Weight: 2.11 oz.
Butt Dia: 15.08 mm
Tip Size: 1.68mm (4.5)
Lure Wt: 1/4 to 3/4oz

I don't have years experience with other rods and years of trying different rods to really make good comparisons, and my vocabulary will not do Lee's build justice, but I will say the rod surprised me how far it can throw lures, with a Metanium 150HG reel I am throwing lures way farther than ever and in beginning was throwing into bushes/trees on bank a lot, until I learned to ease off cast.

What is truly amazing is the sensitivity through feedback with bladed baits, you feel every vibration and when slow rolling bottom floor its amazing how you can really feel whats it is doing and adjust accordingly.

As far as catching fish it is great, you feel the slightest tick, pull or twitch, it keeps them pinned super good and when the backbone kicks in you have no problem fighting the good fight.

Lee is a true gentleman, and is both an artist and master craftsman.....he was a pleasure to work with nailed exactly what I was looking for even though I had hard time explaining it. They say the best things in life are worthing waiting for and this definitely ranks up there.

Without further ado......

Dobyns, LSCR, JB Custom, Megabass

Lipripper

Looks great and welcome to the LSCR family.  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Polaris425

Those point blank blanks are amazing.... you'll love it.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

SteveTX

Lee Smith

Was an honor to build for you brother!  And thank you for your patience!  :shocking:  :surrender:

Hoping you have years on top of years of service out of her, she's a work horse for sure! 
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Capt. BassinLou

Welcome to the LSCR Club. Congratulations. The PB's are great rods.

Lee great seeing you working at your craft again.Great work as always.

Smallie_Stalker

Welcome to the LSCR Club!!!  ~c~

Lee, another masterpiece brother. Glad to see you are feeling  ~bb enough to start working on builds again.   :toot:
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Princeton_Man

Gorgeous rod!

Welcome to the LSCR club! ~c~

Dangit! I'm going to have to have a carbon fiber grip and a PointBlank now, so I'll know how I want the others! ~roflmao

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Donald Garner

68camaro

Congrats on the LSCR rod  ~c~ ~c~  Welcome to the LSCR Members Club also  8)  Tks for sharing the pictures and the rod looks great.

Lee, buddy you've done it once again.  You are the Master Rod Builder  ~bb ~c~ ~shade
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

68camaro

Thanks all, my lack of confidence in spinner and chatterbaits, primarily spinner,  was what led me on this search.  Where as before I rarely threw spinnerbaits and I don't think I ever had much success with one, now I throw them all the time with this rod and already have had a lot of success so confidence is thru the roof and I attribute that to to the rod.

Dobyns, LSCR, JB Custom, Megabass

Donald Garner

You're going to find out real quick that you'll be using that rod a lot.  Matter of fact I bet that you'll be ordering another LSCR within 6 - 8 months if it takes you that long.  :)
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

zippyduck

Welcome to the LSCR club.

Wow she is pretty!

Gotta love the PB blanks.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

analfisherman

68, WELCOME TO THE CLUB!  ~c~

Good looking ROD!

Thing I like most about Lee's creations is that they work even BETTER than they look!
AND THAT'S SAYING A lot!!!!!!!

I've had some huge high end rod Gurus watch me catch and play some really big fish..........and never so much as mention the fish.........just want to look and hold the rod.  ;)
And ALWAYS have a ton of respect and questions about the rod.

And I have four other customs from other builders AND NEVER GET THE ATTENTION THE LSCR GETS!
They are FUN and they PERFORM flawlessly!

Again, GREAT ROD!!!!!!!! ~c~
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

SFL BassHunter

Beautiful rod there! Lee continues to impress with his excellent builds!

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing