What ReArm kit for a Mustang?

Started by Mike Cork, November 20, 2017, 09:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

I've got an older Mustang and can't find a number on it to verify what re arm kit I need. But the real kicker is the current cartridge is 33# of Co2, all the kits I find for mustang are just 24#...

Anyone had to buy one lately?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Pacific NW Ron

Mike, I have a few left from the store.  I'll check and see what I have and let you know.
Did you fall in or did the old one just expire?
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Mike Cork

Quote from: sportsmansfriend on November 20, 2017, 10:25:53 AM
Did you fall in or did the old one just expire?
Ron

I'll I am a member of the Bass Fishing Divers Club, it simply exploded in the locker. Scared the crap out of me, I thought a monster was coming out of the bottom of the boat  ~roflmao

I would guess it was the supper windy day and a couple over the bow got water into the locker.

Cork's Reel Service

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Mike Cork on November 20, 2017, 09:46:37 AM
I've got an older Mustang and can't find a number on it to verify what re arm kit I need. But the real kicker is the current cartridge is 33# of Co2, all the kits I find for mustang are just 24#...

Anyone had to buy one lately?

Search for: 0924KIT-00-000

I think that's the kit for fat people who don't float. ~roflmao
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

oldjim

I HAVE MUStang, uses MA7270 which is replaced by MA7113
oldjim

Pacific NW Ron

They will do that if enough water gets on them, especially the older ones.
I have two different ones.  I'll send you an email with more info and pictures.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Mike Cork

Thanks guys, I qualify for the fatboy club too  ~roflmao

Cork's Reel Service

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Mike Cork on November 20, 2017, 10:33:11 AM
I'll I am a member of the Bass Fishing Divers Club, it simply exploded in the locker. Scared the crap out of me, I thought a monster was coming out of the bottom of the boat  ~roflmao

I would guess it was the supper windy day and a couple over the bow got water into the locker.

I had one blow back in the Spring. Fished a tourney in heavy rain then without thinking I stuffed the PFD in the locker when I loaded up. It had deployed by the time I got home. 
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Pacific NW Ron

Mike Cork

Wow this is a huge challenge. Terry G gave some good advise that has helped.

I jug all through this jacket and couldn't find a model number. So I got my magnifying tools out and a bright light. Low and behold in the middle of the safety label sewed into the jacket, The on that says what type and what size it fits along with some other information is the model number ~b~ This jacket is so old that I can barely read this label anymore.

The fix for this is I'm going to use a sharpie and write the model number in large letters on both sides of the jacket. It won't be pretty but I'm more about functionality and ease of it.

So now off to Google. I found one that will work on Amazon but they are out of stock. A couple china companies make them but I'm not going to support or trust that.

Terry gave me some good advice that I'll work. He said that it's all the same. A bayonet style is just that, make sure the CO2 grams are correct and press on. Then the bobbins are all the same as well. So I'm currently trying to find the pieces. The pull cord side of it is still in tack so I don't have to worry about that.

Cork's Reel Service