Previous topic - Next topic

SteveTX

Date: 11/22/17
Time of day: 2PM - 5PM
Weather conditions: Blue skys with 1 to 5 mph breeze
Air temps: Air temp in the mid to low 50s
Water Clarity: Turbid
Lures and techniques used:

• 3/8 oz Siebert Outdoors Dredge Brush Jig, color Black Blue with Havoc Rocket craw in Black Blue fleck - Pitched in and around Cattail and swam.
  • 1/2 oz Santone Rattlin Jig, color Black Blue with Zoom Ultravibe Speed Craw in Sapphire Blue - Pitched in and around Cattail and swam.
  • Savage gear 3D Frog - tried it for about 15 minutes just to see how the lure looked and of course a possible bite. However there was no indication that there was a topwater bite and I got none.

The bite was surprisingly good. Now they weren't slamming the jig but I caught solid 3lb fish quite often. They just picked it up and would slowly swim away. At least the ones I let run a second before laying the steel. lo I was going to keep my best 5 and get a pic or two but as I took a picture of the first catch my phone said POWER OFF 0% Battery. And yes I had no charger with me. But here is the first catch.

Captsteve

nice

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Lipripper

Nice one Steve  ~c~ ~c~ Does your phone go dead easy or did someone forget to check the charge on it before going out.  ~b~ ~b~  lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Steve congrats on the catching. Nice looking bass there. Tks for sharing the picture with us also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

SteveTX

Quote from: Lipripper on November 23, 2017, 08:28:34 AM
Nice one Steve  ~c~ ~c~ Does your phone go dead easy or did someone forget to check the charge on it before going out.  ~b~ ~b~  lo
Its getting worse its working on 3 yrs old. And they keep updating things where its running a ton of Google crap in the background. I haven't stopped at Verizon to get the bloatware removed because I'm afraid Ill get mad when they tell me they cant get the crap off my phone. I haven't added apps or anything else but it now has a 2nd weather thing running constantly (a google one) and I get news things that pop up like a text out of nowhere and I get Amazon and eBay sending me "hey just for you.." or "we thought you would like..." All of it appears Google related. They can take Google and stick it where the sun don't shine. OK I'll quit ranting but my battery use to last 2 days plus some when new but it was down to about a day before this update. Now I'm lucky if I get through a work depending on how much I use it. And I did work that morning and used my phone quite a bit getting ready for holidays. Oh and I had the usb to cig port charger thing but I didn't have a wire to put in it to hook to phone.  :(

Lipripper

Steve I hear you on that google thing  ~xyz My phone is getting a little age on it also and now it is turning itself off and I have to take the Battery out and put it back in before I can get it to work even though it has a good charge on it.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Mike Cork

A dead phone while fishing is a blessing for me. I have a solid excuse for not answering  :-*

Sounds like a great day on the lake, thanks for the detailed report.  ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service