Reel Majic breaks down Fluorocarbon?

Started by Kris, November 25, 2017, 04:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

I saw this when I other up at 4:30 this morning on-line. This bothers me because I have been a faithful Reel Majic person for a long time.
I found this while searching line conditioners for all the lines I use now. I have or will have fluorocarbon, braid, mono, copolymer and some fluorocarbon coated line. I certainly do not want to contribute to line breaking down during the off Season. So, what conditioner or cleaner/conditioner out there is good for all lines?
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

Princeton_Man

I use the KVD Line and Lure and use it on both fluoro and braid. I think about the only thing it does for braid is help retain it's color. On the fluoro, it reduces the line's memory on my spinning reels and I think it helps the line spool up more evenly and flatter on my baitcasters. I've just quit using it with Tatsu, it doesn't seem to need it or make any difference.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

loomisguy

Personally, I don't see a need for any kind of conditioner or spray . Among those who do KVD seems to be  popular.

SteveTX

Quote from: loomisguy on November 25, 2017, 05:32:23 AM
Personally, I don't see a need for any kind of conditioner or spray . Among those who do KVD seems to be  popular.
^^^ Same exact thoughts.

I used the KVD religiously for several months. Honestly it was like after the line was wet from fishing about 10 minutes, it was the same feeling to me. After about 10 minutes of fishing my line seems to work fine. But I use a ton of braid now days and some mono so I cant speak for fluorocarbon or copolly lines.

Chip Harm

Check out Reel Snot...just don't use to much it will make everything feel slick.  I used it the first time like I  have in the past with the KVD...just make sure to follow the directions on use.  I have been using it since the Classic this spring and haven't had any problems.  Just another option.
Chip

www.elitetungsten.com

WTodd

Quote from: Kris on November 25, 2017, 04:35:15 AM
I saw this when I other up at 4:30 this morning on-line. This bothers me because I have been a faithful Reel Majic person for a long time.
I found this while searching line conditioners for all the lines I use now. I have or will have fluorocarbon, braid, mono, copolymer and some fluorocarbon coated line. I certainly do not want to contribute to line breaking down during the off Season. So, what conditioner or cleaner/conditioner out there is good for all lines?
Wait......what????? There's an off-season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SFL BassHunter

I use KVD on my mono, fluoro and copoly lines. It leaves no residue which I like because I spray it straight onto the spool. It hasn't messed up any of my lines or reels.
I usually drench my spool the night before going fishing. The next day my line is coil free. Sometimes if I forget I'll spray it in the morning before heading out of the house. I also keep a bottle in my tackle bag.

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Kris

Quote from: WTodd on November 25, 2017, 09:36:22 PM
Wait......what????? There's an off-season?

Well, not for you hopefully. If you live here in the Upper Half of the US we have hard water conditions that occur same time each year. I haven't fished this late in the year since the old club and tournament days.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

WTodd

I'm not originally from FL. From Missouri & spent 3 yrs in Alaska