Fishing North East Texas November 26

Started by SteveTX, November 26, 2017, 09:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveTX

A lot like my November 15th report. Was a pretty slow day in general. Still caught a few but seems its getting more and more the young ones. Landed 15" and 16" bass and a few under 15". They were still very slow biting. I think I had 2 aggressive bites all evening.

Date: 11/26/17
Time of day: 12PM - 5PM
Weather conditions: Sunny with 5 to 8 mph winds S
Air temps: Air temp low of 58° high 64°
Water Clarity: Turbid
Lures and techniques used:

• Gene Larew Rattlin' Crawler, color Blue Fleck, used with a Stanley Jigs Hand Tied Punch Skirt in Blue Water Dog color tied to a 4/0 1/8 oz Trokar swimbait hook - Was used as a pitching bait to isolated high percentage areas then a slow retrieve but still fast enough to get the appendages to have action back to the boat. Best producer of the day by far. See my post on what else it caught here
  • 1/2 oz Siebert Outdoors Tungsten Punch Rig with Netbait Baby Paca Craw color Sun Perch?, filled with a Gene Larew 7mm glass rattle and fished with a 4/0 Trokar flipping hook - Fished through and over the semi sparse dying lily pad fields. Again a slow retrieve sometimes popped off the bottom several times then allowed to fall. Also pitched in and around Cattails.
  • 1/2 oz Siebert Outdoors Dredge Brush Jig, color Bluegill with Havoc Rocket craw in Black Blue fleck - Pitched in and around Cattail and swam. Not one bite on this all day and believe me I fished it like mad as I was convinced it would.

Lipripper

Thanks for the report Steve and you caught some fish. ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Steve tks for the trip report.  Fishing for some reason has really slowed down here in Central Texas.  I was talking with our football coach today he'd been out fishing a small tournament on Belton Lake Saturday.  He didn't have a strike till noon and weigh in was at 2pm.  He finally figured it out and had 5 fish with a 7lber as big bass.  All were caught on a Squarebill crankbait in the very back of the creeks in 2ft of water.   
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

SteveTX

Quote from: Donald Garner on November 27, 2017, 08:06:03 PM
Steve tks for the trip report.  Fishing for some reason has really slowed down here in Central Texas.  I was talking with our football coach today he'd been out fishing a small tournament on Belton Lake Saturday.  He didn't have a strike till noon and weigh in was at 2pm.  He finally figured it out and had 5 fish with a 7lber as big bass.  All were caught on a Squarebill crankbait in the very back of the creeks in 2ft of water.
Good info seems they are up in the creeks then and on a better afternoon bite maybe. That was where and when we had our best bites as well even the Catfish. lo

Mike Cork

Thanks for the report. Your water temps still look great, maybe the big girls were taking naps. :surrender:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service