DECEMBER FLBR BS Room

Started by Capt. BassinLou, November 30, 2017, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassinlou on December 25, 2017, 03:49:32 PM
Lol....on the contrary. If it was my $$ then yeah... shoo... monkey.... shoo... lol!! Gift cards were other people's gifts to me.. :)
Lou that note was to me  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

West6550

I didn't get much of xmas, wife and I didn't exchange or anything. I did get a $25 Walmart gift card which I will just use for some braid and Zooms :-)

Lipripper

Quote from: West6550 on December 26, 2017, 11:00:40 AM
I didn't get much of xmas, wife and I didn't exchange or anything. I did get a $25 Walmart gift card which I will just use for some braid and Zooms :-)
Same here West we just get for all the grand and mostly for the great grand kids.

FD

Josh and I went to the Winter Haven Chain today for a change of scenery. It took a while to find fish but we ended up boating 5.

My big one was an old male. 20.25" and maybe 2-1/2 lbs. he crushed a fluke on the fall.

swim/bike/run....repeat

Sent from the end of the paved road.....
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Lipripper

Glad y'all were able to catch a couple to put in the boat. Looks like a great spot for some frog action.

West6550

Nice Lee, that spot there has a nice grass to ledge/drop off. Stacy got her original PB near there. Glad you had some fun!

FD

Quote from: West6550 on December 26, 2017, 09:13:09 PM
Nice Lee, that spot there has a nice grass to ledge/drop off. Stacy got her original PB near there. Glad you had some fun!
We caught fish in Cannon and Mirror. Mostly on the grass line in front of the ketchup/mustard house. Absolutely the ugliest house on the chain.

swim/bike/run....repeat

FD

Quote from: Lipripper on December 26, 2017, 06:17:24 PM
Glad y'all were able to catch a couple to put in the boat. Looks like a great spot for some frog action.
They would not touch the frog yesterday. Finally caught them on flukes.

swim/bike/run....repeat

cport

Quote from: Bassinlou on December 25, 2017, 03:34:02 PM
Sooo.... did any one get gift cards? If so, what you gettin... hmmm??

No gift cards, but I did get a sweet inflatable that I can use on Horseshoe Lake (no gas motors), has a couple rod holders and rigging for a transom that I can slap a TM on. Hoping I can put a few fish on the board this weekend using it, because Underhill was a bust, only got two dinks, although I did miss a topwater hit swimming a Gambler paddletail on the top like Barry showed me. Now I can finally reach the bass I see crashing bait in the middle.

And oh yeah, got a new Xbox One S, Halo Edition. My wife gets me.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Capt. BassinLou

Cool gifts!! Enjoy that Xbox One. I need to be careful when I play, or else I won't get off. Last game I played was Ghost Recon and I couldn't put it down. Lol!!

cport

Quote from: Bassinlou on December 27, 2017, 01:49:06 PM
Cool gifts!! Enjoy that Xbox One. I need to be careful when I play, or else I won't get off. Last game I played was Ghost Recon and I couldn't put it down. Lol!!

I hear you, with me its Call of Duty. Gonna play the new WWII version. Man, the graphics and gameplay are light years ahead of the 360.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Lipripper

Quote from: cport on December 27, 2017, 01:46:40 PM
No gift cards, but I did get a sweet inflatable that I can use on Horseshoe Lake (no gas motors), has a couple rod holders and rigging for a transom that I can slap a TM on. Hoping I can put a few fish on the board this weekend using it, because Underhill was a bust, only got two dinks, although I did miss a topwater hit swimming a Gambler paddletail on the top like Barry showed me. Now I can finally reach the bass I see crashing bait in the middle.

Have fun out there in your inflatable and pray there isn't any in there.  ;D

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: cport on December 27, 2017, 01:50:43 PM
I hear you, with me its Call of Duty. Gonna play the new WWII version. Man, the graphics and gameplay are light years ahead of the 360.

Yep.
I'm more of Ghost Recon and Far Cry type player. Problem is, I'm competing with an 11 yr old, so I haven't played in long while...  lo

BarryFL

Quote from: cport on December 27, 2017, 01:46:40 PM

You gonna fish the classic in it next year? I can tow you around.  :-*
~Barry~

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: TR21PDCTampa on December 27, 2017, 02:56:52 PM
Lmao!!

cport

Stealth, man, all about stealth.  8)
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Lipripper

Looking for new bait.  lo lo

BarryFL

Quote from: Lipripper on December 27, 2017, 03:41:35 PM
Looking for new bait.  lo lo
This guy on the river was 2/3rds as long as my boat.

-Barry-

~Barry~

Capt. BassinLou

Lipripper

It sure is and if it was longer then my boat I'd give him all the space it wanted. ~sweat

Deadeye

Quote from: cport on December 27, 2017, 01:50:43 PM

It must be pretty amazing then, as the 360 was the best I had ever seen.

COD Games are pretty good, I have a few of them from way back to the 2nd or 3rd they made for the regular xbox. Funny how they all started with WWI and WWII and now they are coming back to it.

If you have the XBox Live Gold you can download 2 free games every month. Once you download them you can "delete" them to save space and if you want to ever play them again they allow you to download them again for free.

I've got some pretty good ones doing that and some real snoozers too. Hitman, Just Cause, and several others that draw you in like COD and the next thing you know you've been playing for 5 hours, lol.

SFL BassHunter

I bought an inflatable then when I got it I chickened out and never used it lol. Even have a TM for it which is now going to end up going on my Jon boat when I get around to taking the big useless motor off.

I got a bass pro gift card and some cash. The cash is going towards the car, boat fund. Every little bit helps.

I've been preoccupied with going to dealerships this week and test driving trucks and looking at some.
Drove a sweet used tundra yesterday. The pricing just didn't line up to make a deal.

Looking forward to a little fishing probably on Sat and Sunday. We will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

cport

Quote from: rickdelprado on December 28, 2017, 05:52:14 AM
I bought an inflatable then when I got it I chickened out and never used it lol. Even have a TM for it which is now going to end up going on my Jon boat when I get around to taking the big useless motor off.

I got a bass pro gift card and some cash. The cash is going towards the car, boat fund. Every little bit helps.

I've been preoccupied with going to dealerships this week and test driving trucks and looking at some.
Drove a sweet used tundra yesterday. The pricing just didn't line up to make a deal.

Looking forward to a little fishing probably on Sat and Sunday. We will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This inflatable is going to be Horseshoe Lake specific, and there is not a gator issue there. The county keeps an eye out for them; it is a smaller lake and county park/retreat with cabins and swimming, so if one is spotted, they move it. Now, I am a Florida boy and know enough that you will never get rid of all the gators in a body of water, but in all the time I have fished that lake, I have never seen one.

Quote from: Deadeye on December 28, 2017, 05:06:42 AM
It must be pretty amazing then, as the 360 was the best I had ever seen.

COD Games are pretty good, I have a few of them from way back to the 2nd or 3rd they made for the regular xbox. Funny how they all started with WWI and WWII and now they are coming back to it.

If you have the XBox Live Gold you can download 2 free games every month. Once you download them you can "delete" them to save space and if you want to ever play them again they allow you to download them again for free.

I've got some pretty good ones doing that and some real snoozers too. Hitman, Just Cause, and several others that draw you in like COD and the next thing you know you've been playing for 5 hours, lol.

I loved that about Gold when I had my 360, played alot of those free games. I transitioned from the OG Xbox to the 360 as well, and yes the graphics difference was amazing.

OK Ok the light years comment was a bit of hyperbole, just excited about my gift  lo This upgrade is not quite as dramatic, but it is distinct when played in 4k, and the speed and frame rate are both upgrades that are noticibale as well. Explosions, flame, and moving water is where you will notice the most, as well as character movement, much more natural looking. And yes, I am all about the FPS, both COD and Battlefield are favorites of mine, also the Splinter Cell series.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: cport on December 28, 2017, 10:37:25 AM
This inflatable is going to be Horseshoe Lake specific, and there is not a gator issue there. The county keeps an eye out for them; it is a smaller lake and county park/retreat with cabins and swimming, so if one is spotted, they move it. Now, I am a Florida boy and know enough that you will never get rid of all the gators in a body of water, but in all the time I have fished that lake, I have never seen one.

I loved that about Gold when I had my 360, played alot of those free games. I transitioned from the OG Xbox to the 360 as well, and yes the graphics difference was amazing.

OK Ok the light years comment was a bit of hyperbole, just excited about my gift  lo This upgrade is not quite as dramatic, but it is distinct when played in 4k, and the speed and frame rate are both upgrades that are noticibale as well. Explosions, flame, and moving water is where you will notice the most, as well as character movement, much more natural looking. And yes, I am all about the FPS, both COD and Battlefield are favorites of mine, also the Splinter Cell series.
Cport, enjoy the inflatable. I'm sure it will be a game changer for you on that lake.
As far as FPS. Splinter cell series was awesome.