Final tally for UB IBASS Tourney

Started by zippyduck, December 02, 2017, 02:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadeye

Quote from: zippyduck on December 11, 2017, 01:49:17 AM
I want to thank all of you for the support and ideas. You all are making me believe that the IBASS was good idea.

Now here is where I am leaning towards taking IBASS.

There will be a Northern and Southern champion.
Point system will be total length + 2 points for monthly leader + 1 point for largest bass in each zone.
The winners will have a one day fish off on the last weekend in March. They can fish either Saturday or Sunday. The winner takes the title from the previous year.

Another little fun trial is a one month team tourney during our regular tourney. A member from each zone is paired up with a member from the other zone.

Just trying to make it more fun.

And to think it all started from this: http://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fishing-forum/index.php?topic=133925.0

fishballer06

Quote from: zippyduck on December 11, 2017, 09:13:19 PM
The ones that speak plain English are in the North zone. ;)

Come on now. You know us Yinzers have terrible accents too!
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

SteveTX

Quote from: fishballer06 on December 13, 2017, 09:07:56 AM
Come on now. You know us Yinzers have terrible accents too!
Are ya'll really going to debate this. Haha

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

zippyduck

Quote from: Deadeye on December 13, 2017, 06:30:38 AM
And to think it all started from this: http://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fishing-forum/index.php?topic=133925.0

Deadeye,

I do this to myself all the time. I come up with an idea and then I have to do something. :-* I need to quit thinking. ~rant
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Blacknredflake

Can us bank fisherman get an extra inch and lb for every bass :) :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

zippyduck

Sorry, but no. Actually some pond fishermen put up big numbers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SteveTX

I might feel bad for bank fishermen had I not seen ~roflmao

Blacknredflake

Lol was worth a shot lol!!

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

SFL BassHunter

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Capt. BassinLou

Rowdygiff

I may enter in 2018. Not sure yet. Taking the year off from all the "kayak tournaments" this year. Gonna fish for fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Rowdygiff on January 23, 2018, 07:26:38 PM
I may enter in 2018. Not sure yet. Taking the year off from all the "kayak tournaments" this year. Gonna fish for fun

Please do. The more the merrier.  :)
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

SteveTX

zippyduck

Quote from: Rowdygiff on January 23, 2018, 07:26:38 PM

I was counting on you. You gave me a run for my money.

Rowdygiff

Quote from: zippyduck on January 23, 2018, 08:36:35 PM
I was counting on you. You gave me a run for my money.
Don't twist so hard. Lol

Blacknredflake

When is new season kickin off?

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

zippyduck

April look for sign ups 2 weeks before.

Blacknredflake

Quote from: zippyduck on January 24, 2018, 04:50:49 PM
April look for sign ups 2 weeks before.

Cool thanks!!! I might be in a 10' Bass raider by then

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

zippyduck

A new rule has been added to help all of out.

Rule #11 Please post a report in your respected state.

This is to help UB and all of us learn why and how Mike is catching all of those big fish.  ;)

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: zippyduck on January 24, 2018, 11:08:12 PM
A new rule has been added to help all of out.

Rule #11 Please post a report in your respected state.

This is to help UB and all of us learn why and how Mike is catching all of those big fish.  ;)
Is that a suggestion or a rule? The way it is worded has me thinking suggestion.

I have nothing against it, I already post reports, just curious.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

zippyduck

Its a suggestion. I know some guys like to keep their honey holes secret. but maybe just a technique or some info would be nice.
If you can't or forget no one is going to disqualify you.

SteveTX

Quote from: zippyduck on January 25, 2018, 06:06:22 PM
Its a suggestion. I know some guys like to keep their honey holes secret. but maybe just a technique or some info would be nice.
If you can't or forget no one is going to disqualify you.

I started posting info on my outings towards the end of last season. But like many others I prefer to keep the small lake off the word wide web. I highly doubt it would cause a rush of anglers but just the same I'm not going to temp them. I put the relevant info like conditions, water clarity, etc. that others in similar conditions can adapt to and possibly use the same or similar stuff. Presumably it could assist some really new angler.  ::)

Really glad this is not a "rule" thanks for making it a option as it is time consuming to make a full report. I don't always post one up and can see where this possibly could deter folks from competing if they felt they had to, just to play. That was one thing that is nice about IBASS in my opinion it is simple. Not a ton of rules and extra circular work to participate. You can go fishing and have fun and to compete its not a huge inconvenience. 

Of course this is just my opinion.  :)

zippyduck

I have now taken the number 11 out from in front of it.
This is to make it a suggestion not a rule.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: SteveTX on January 25, 2018, 09:04:11 PM
I started posting info on my outings towards the end of last season. But like many others I prefer to keep the small lake off the word wide web. I highly doubt it would cause a rush of anglers but just the same I'm not going to temp them. I put the relevant info like conditions, water clarity, etc. that others in similar conditions can adapt to and possibly use the same or similar stuff. Presumably it could assist some really new angler.  ::)

Really glad this is not a "rule" thanks for making it a option as it is time consuming to make a full report. I don't always post one up and can see where this possibly could deter folks from competing if they felt they had to, just to play. That was one thing that is nice about IBASS in my opinion it is simple. Not a ton of rules and extra circular work to participate. You can go fishing and have fun and to compete its not a huge inconvenience. 

Of course this is just my opinion.  :)

I used to post reports with the names of the lakes and parks I fished. THen changed my mind about that because I noticed more and more people fishing them. Might have been coincidence but I decided to change things up. So I still do my reports but don't name a specific lake or park.
Now when I fish the big places like the glades or Okeechobee, then I have no issue putting out the name, especially Okeechobee, its huge.

I do full reports for the long full day outings, or if I have a really good few hours. If the fishing is MEH, I keep the report short.
Florida Bass Fishing

Ddyyak

I get why folks don't want to post locations but what a great source of data we would have at the end of the year if everyone reported what they caught them on. I think zippy said he'd be willing to track that and give us a summary at the end of the year.