Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ordered 5 Dobyns Rods blind, Fury 705CB snapped first day... :(  (Read 670 times)

rickdelprado

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
Re: Ordered 5 Dobyns Rods blind, Fury 705CB snapped first day... :(
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 05:38:04 AM »

Hey guys THX for all the positive comments here!!  Rods are not made to be pulled straight down towards the butt. This is the hardest angle you can put on a rod. It's high sticking to the extreme!!  But, I try and build a little extra strength here ...just because. Also, we dead lift with each of our rods at the factory twice before shipping. We dead lift right after the blank is completed and then again right before packaging after handle and guides are put in place. We do this so we catch 99% plus of any defects. You don't want to deal with defects and I assure you I don't want to deal with them either. I also use only high quality materials from Japan or Korea. This also helps eliminate defects. Still, who knows..shipping? Defect? High sticking? There's no way I can tell at this point. But I can help with a new rod that breaks. Please send it to us and mark it Attn. Gary and note Ultimate Bass!!  This will jog my memory. Rods do break at times. All brands will break. Some brands just break more often :)  The things I do in our shop showing off rods strength would amaze most of you. I really wrench, bend , and abuse rods showing guys what they'll do. One of my reps brings guys in all the time and says "show him"!!  One of these days I'll break one but so far I never have!!!  We did get a 6" PVC tube back from UPS today that was broke and the 32 rods inside as well. Just imagine what force it would take to break a 6" PVC tube packed solid with 32 rods!!!  Yet they did it ...today!!
Customer service doesn’t get any better than this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is so that I can remember my personal bests: Weight 6lbs 5oz / Length 24.25 inches.

JDV

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2017, 08:16:16 AM »

Hey guys THX for all the positive comments here!!  Rods are not made to be pulled straight down towards the butt. This is the hardest angle you can put on a rod. It's high sticking to the extreme!!  But, I try and build a little extra strength here ...just because. Also, we dead lift with each of our rods at the factory twice before shipping. We dead lift right after the blank is completed and then again right before packaging after handle and guides are put in place. We do this so we catch 99% plus of any defects. You don't want to deal with defects and I assure you I don't want to deal with them either. I also use only high quality materials from Japan or Korea. This also helps eliminate defects. Still, who knows..shipping? Defect? High sticking? There's no way I can tell at this point. But I can help with a new rod that breaks. Please send it to us and mark it Attn. Gary and note Ultimate Bass!!  This will jog my memory. Rods do break at times. All brands will break. Some brands just break more often :)  The things I do in our shop showing off rods strength would amaze most of you. I really wrench, bend , and abuse rods showing guys what they'll do. One of my reps brings guys in all the time and says "show him"!!  One of these days I'll break one but so far I never have!!!  We did get a 6" PVC tube back from UPS today that was broke and the 32 rods inside as well. Just imagine what force it would take to break a 6" PVC tube packed solid with 32 rods!!!  Yet they did it ...today!!

I appreciate you taking the time to respond Gary, and will get it sent in to you today marked as requested.  If it just looks like something that was completely my fault, I apologize for wasting your time. Thanks again to everybody else for the responses as well. 

I did get to take the Champion 703c rod out for about an hour and a half in the wee hours of the morning before heading into the office the other day and caught some little guys including these fighters and man that thing is noticeably more sensitive for those small worm bites and was a lot of fun to fish with.  Great rod!

Lipripper

• Life Member
  • Chicago Illinois
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2017, 08:48:45 AM »

Them some nice looking fish JDV  ~c~ I see you a newer member here so would you please stop by here and introduce yourself to everyone. Thanks
Let Us Get To Know You

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

JDV

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2017, 09:04:48 AM »

Them some nice looking fish JDV  ~c~ I see you a newer member here so would you please stop by here and introduce yourself to everyone. Thanks
Let Us Get To Know You

Thanks lipripper, just did on your recommendation!
 ~cf

Lipripper

• Life Member
  • Chicago Illinois
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2017, 09:49:48 AM »

Thanks lipripper, just did on your recommendation!
 ~cf
Yelp I got and email that you posted in that thread. I watch it all the time and get emails when we get a new post in it so I can stop by and welcome everyone.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 36 queries.