I got a delivery today!

Started by Stren_g, December 12, 2017, 12:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stren_g

I got a nice delivery today! In the form of a long cylinder shaped container... That should be a Dobyns Colt 734c! The bad news is I have to wait until Christmas to open it  :shocking: in the meantime its sitting there calling for me to open er up! The agony!

Captsteve

cool and bummer

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Mike Cork

Open it when no one is looking. It will take you an hour to get past Gary's packing system. If you get caught just tell them you're trying to save time on Christmas morning  :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Stren_g

Maybe I could convince the Lady of the House that it should be inspected for any shipping damage! :-* ;D

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Stren_g on December 12, 2017, 01:25:58 PM
Maybe I could convince the Lady of the House that it should be inspected for any shipping damage! :-* ;D

Exactly what I was gonna say Stren.  lo  Great minds think alike.  ~bb
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Stren_g

I'm pretty excited, and really appreciate the folks like Gary make a quality product that us little guys can afford!

Mike Cork

That's a great idea, you know if it's broke it has to go back as soon as possible  ~shhh

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Stren_g

Bud Kennedy

Look at it this way.  You know it is not a surprise so you might as well open it for an inspection.  Besides you now have enough time to pick up a reel to go with it before christmas.  I got my 705Fury today and it is unpackaged and inspected and now is in the rod rack ready to go.

Stren_g

Bud, you are right! I'll most likely check it out for any damage, and place it back in its packaging. We still like to be as sentimental as possible with the giving of gifts... even if we know what it is already. My wife is fantastic, but she hasn't the slightest clue about fishing gear. So if I want fishing related items to be gifted I have to order them.

Oldfart9999

Don't forget to give yourself a present, like a new reel!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Stren_g

The reel will have to wait  a while, although I've been looking at a few daiwas for when finances allow it.

D.W. Verts

I reckon you could send it to ME... I'd closely inspect it, make sure a reel fits it good, make sure it casts & retrieves properly, make sure it loads up on a hook set...

But you'd have to hurry if'n you want it back in time for Christmas.

Just tryin' to help.
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Stren_g

well i opened it up last night, and it checked out A-ok. I just didn't wanna put it back haha

basss

I would, then pack it back in.  Imagine if its broken and you open it on Christmas and find out then .... eeeeek.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard