Texas fishing fanatic new to the forum

Started by JDV, December 07, 2017, 09:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDV

Hey guys, relatively new member to the forum here from Central Texas that recently got back into fishing in the last few months after not having fished much at all since being a kid and love the forum!   It's been a lot of help in researching all sorts of rods/reels/tackle as a lot has changed over the years since I last spent a significant amount of time fishing and people have been welcoming as well.  I've learned a TON and can not fish enough it seems.   

I've been out probably 90 of the last 100 days fishing and love it!  The wife was bit by the bug too, we got a pair of kayaks and the rod collection ballooned from about 3 to 11 in short order and we've covered everything from tiny neighborhood ponds, to spending weekends scoping out of the way water holes from google maps, to well known local rivers and lakes on the yaks.

Happy fishing everybody!
~cf

Lipripper

and to Ultimate Bass and glad to see you found your way over here  ;D Glad to have you here with us so pull up a chair and make yourself right at  :)hsh: We have several members from the great state of Texas on here. I was raised up down there myself and will always call Texas my home. Be sure to stop back by with some  ;PHO) and fishing reports from when you and your wife go fishing. heck maybe you can talk her in to joining us here also.  ;D Once again welcome and be seeing y'all around here often I hope.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Princeton_Man

Welcome aboard!  ~c~

90 out of the last 100 days! Oh yes! I dream of that! ~gf
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

SteveTX

JDV

Quote from: Princeton_Man on December 07, 2017, 10:37:04 AM
Welcome aboard!  ~c~

90 out of the last 100 days! Oh yes! I dream of that! ~gf

One of the benefits of not having children yet and a wife that enjoys fishing too!   :)

Capt. BassinLou

Welcome to UB!! No kids (yet  ;) )  and a wife that loves fishing, you got it made!!

analfisherman

"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Lipripper

JDV be sure to stop by here and sign up for a chance to win some baits from Mr. Twister.

New Members Contest - December 2017

Right now you have good odds of winning since we don't have to many names on the list.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

D.W. Verts

Welcome sir- pretty great place to hang around. Check out all the promotions, and please look at the Adopt A Family topic (shameless commercial).
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Pacific NW Ron

Welcome to UB.  You will find a lot of information on UltimateBass and there are a lot of opinions available. The members on this forum will treat you like family. If you have a question about anything, just post it and you'll get lots of answers. If you have a hint or an idea we would love to hear it. If you have a fishing story to tell post it, we all love a good story. The great guys and gals on UB are all willing to help.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Donald Garner

JDV,

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here  ~c~

You mentioned you're from Central Texas?  Where about?
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

zippyduck

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

JDV

Quote from: Donald Garner on December 07, 2017, 06:47:31 PM
JDV,

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here  ~c~

You mentioned you're from Central Texas?  Where about?

Cedar Park.  Not too far from you it seems!

JDV

Thanks for the warm welcoming everybody!  I'm looking forward to dusting off that freak Texas snowfall we got overnight and getting back to fishing! :)

Donald Garner

Quote from: JDV on December 08, 2017, 11:35:15 AM
Cedar Park.  Not too far from you it seems!

We'll have to hookup for a trip. Where do you fish at mostly?  I mostly fish Belton, Stillhouse Lakes.  Once in a while I'll head down to Bastrop. 

All that snow went around us here in Belton.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Smallie_Stalker

Hey JDV. Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Pleasure to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable. 

If you would like to win some free gear from some of the great companies that sponsor our site be sure and put your name in for the New Member's Contest and the Weekly Contests .

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

In the meantime, if you need any help with anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me or any other staff member.

Once again, Welcome!

><> Smallie_Stalker  <><
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

FISH520

JDV

Quote from: Donald Garner on December 08, 2017, 11:51:35 AM
We'll have to hookup for a trip. Where do you fish at mostly?  I mostly fish Belton, Stillhouse Lakes.  Once in a while I'll head down to Bastrop. 

All that snow went around us here in Belton.

Awesome!   Lately I've been pond hopping a lot, checking out new (to me) neighborhood ponds, bank fishing Lady Bird Lake, and I've spent a lot of time at Devine lake in Leander on the kayak as well as kayak fishing on The Quarries Lake on the property of a church here in Austin, Red Bud Isle on Lady Bird Lake and Brushy Creek Lake, with varying degrees of success. 

One of these days I'll venture onto Travis and some of the surrounding city lakes like Pflugerville, Belton, Bastrop, Decker, etc... as well, but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Kris

Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat