Shad Rap ?????

Started by rb-nc, December 11, 2017, 01:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rb-nc

What's everyone's thoughts on the #6 shad rap. Do you still throw the #5.

fishballer06

I like it for casting gear. Smaller profile than the #7, but more weight than the #5 (to help with distance).
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

rb-nc

What reel you throw it on

Wizard

The Shad Rap and Rattle Trap are the first crank baits I throw after ice out or in late winter. The bass like the narrow wiggle in colder water. I throw Shad Raps on spinning gear. Light lures and casting gear are tough to use on windy, late winter days.

Wizard

Oldfart9999

Xs 2 on spinning gear, easier to control and cast accurately.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

OkobojiEagle

I prefer the #6 X-rap shad...

oe

basss

I only use those when the bite is tough.  Mostly I use #7 and #9 though, #5 and even #6 is a bit small.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

D.W. Verts

One of the few very popular baits I could never sink my teeth into. I ought to re-think that maybe...?
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

SteelHorseCowboy

Quote from: D.W. Verts on December 13, 2017, 08:47:04 PM
One of the few very popular baits I could never sink my teeth into. I ought to re-think that maybe...?
Maybe. First bass I ever caught was with a small one. Don't remember the size, I was only maybe around 4 years old. My son's caught some nice crappie on a Rebel version.
For the life of me, I can't figure out why I've quit using them. I have a segmented Rebel version, and a great big one I used to throw with my UL rig just to get laughs from bystanders. They're both sitting on my desk at home, collecting dust.

basss

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on December 14, 2017, 09:25:32 AMThey're both sitting on my desk at home, collecting dust.

Might be a good idea to get them wet and have them collecting fish.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider

SteelHorseCowboy

Quote from: basss on December 17, 2017, 08:13:54 PM
Might be a good idea to get them wet and have them collecting fish.
Hehe... one's about 8-9 inches long. I look at it sort of like the 6 foot Rapala, more like a display piece to me. I did try the segmented one the other day, used it exclusively for about two hours. Not a single nibble. It's been tough here for a while, I consider myself one lucky dog that I got ONE fish, three days in a row. Two of them under or right at a foot, one was around 5-6".

basss

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on December 18, 2017, 06:34:16 AM
... I consider myself one lucky dog that I got ONE fish, three days in a row. Two of them under or right at a foot, one was around 5-6".

Been there, done that ... more times than I'd like to admit.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider