Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I am personally getting tired of spammers! We will be aggressively blocking IP addresses  from here on out. If you find yourself  blocked call 318-347-7380 and we will work to correct the issue. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: December BIG UN's in Missouri  (Read 189 times)

D.W. Verts

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
December BIG UN's in Missouri
« on: December 11, 2017, 04:31:44 PM »

A tough day on the late fall/early winter today in central MO. But first-

You can do a good deed, maybe even a GREAT one, by donating to the Adopt-a-Family deal that UB is doing thru the 19th (Lipripper will post a link to the details below, just watch).

For as little as a $20 donation you'll be entered into a drawing for cool prizes, and I'll build you a handful of custom jigs, some chatterbaits or spinnerbaits that WILL catch big bass. I have the proof!

Please guys, these folks are hurtin' and need our help.

PayPal is how I donated. They even have a deal called "PayPal Credit"- you can "borrow" that $20 (or $30, or whatever) an ease the pre-Christmas stress on your bank account. There was even a link here on the UB site the other day- it's easy!

C'mon guys & girls. Please. You'll feel good about it.

Now about the big bass!

Another day fighting a passing front, with clearing skies, and a wind blowing from the north west with gusts up to 40 mph. Couple that with the coldest water of the year, and it was almost an exercise in futility. But I'm pretty hard-headed so I tried anyway.

I drug my Hula Grub around, fishing from shallow to deep (cover the bases), and tried swimming a 3" grub some. With the wind it was darn difficult to get a handle on what was goin' on most casts. Call it good "practice".

I was getting ready to throw in the towel on my first-ever "SKUNK" since I started back to fishin'. It was no big deal anyway- the cold nights have finally out-ran the warm days, and the poor old pond fish are done for.

Then, as I was crankin' my Hula Grub back in for another cast, a three-pounder took a swipe at it from about three feet deep, chasin' the bait to right on top of the water.

Crap. I don't know nothin' about fishin'.

I thought about it a little bit, even swimmin' the Hula Grub some, then switching back to the 3" twister-tail. No go.

So many time fish really do have something to say to us, and we just need to listen. Cold water, a serious front blowin' in, and my hands FREEZING (it was 54 degrees out, but HEY, maybe I ain't as tough as I used to be), and here was a bass sayin' to me- "I'm hungry enough to CHASE something".

I went back to the truck and picked out a spinnerbait. It wasn't the one I would have picked for the situation, but I only had two of 'em with me.

Folks, on the second cast, the bait got heavy. Now, I know better, but I didn't drive the hooks home like I shoulda. Nope. Not me. I lifted the rod a little, and it sure felt like I had me some brush. About the time I said "hey, "LOOKIT THIS", a 6- 6-1/2 pounder rolls up on his side, and spits my li'l spinnerbait right back at me.

I made a few more casts, but the wind was blowing even harder. It was crazy, a 3/4 acre pond havin' WHITECAPS... Enough was enough, and I left. But I was smilin' the whole time.

When ya'll read my ramblin's, just remember- I don't know CRAP about fishin'!
I'm just lookin' for clues at the scene of the crime...

Lipripper

• LM Forum Staff
  • Chicago Illinois
Re: December BIG UN's in Missouri
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 04:45:58 PM »

Thanks for the report Dale and sorry you missed that nice fish.  :'( Not to worry I unplugged my skunk printer till after the new year.  lo lo
Here ya go Dale
Christmas Adopt-a-Family Raffle

and here is a link where you can read her story.
Wendy's Story

And to sweeten the pot a little one of our members who makes lures is going to give your 3 or 4 lures just for donating.  ~c~ ~c~

My Adopt-a-Family Lure Giveaway

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 23 queries.