irritating things

Started by Bud Kennedy, December 11, 2017, 09:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveTX

computers!!!!!!!!!!  ~xyz

Mine decided today was the day. I thought OK I have needed to clean mine for a while. So I take it and unplug all 900 wires. Go blow it out real good and happen to snag a fan blade and snap it off.  ^-^ Oh well its was a extra fan anyway so it will live without it. I get it back in my desk hook all 900 wires back up and turn it on. Ahh there she is all lit up welcoming me.  lo 5 minutes later if that down she goes. Looks like it finally kicked the bucket. So now I dig out a old Dell Inspiron e6400 laptop that everything has to be updated on and the screen is smashed so I have to use a old monitor that has DVI connection to have a decent screen.

Well my daughter comes home and sees what a contraption I am working from and says hey I have a better laptop her old one I bought for her school. So she comes wagging it in here. Its a ACER something  and I am telling you this thing literally crawls. Its so slow I can go buy steaks bring them home season them marinate for 24hrs then grill and eat them waiting on a browser to open. So now I spent the last hour jacking with it to get it to walk at a fast pace maybe jog once in a while.

So now that its working somewhat normal I need to get me a new desktop. Laptops are good for some stuff but I really like sitting back working off my 25" screen with stereo sound.

SteelHorseCowboy

Quote from: Lipripper on February 06, 2018, 10:08:26 AM
:shocking: off all the reels. I hate seeing stuff like that. There must be a market for them things somewhere.
More likely just someone being an azzhat. Back when I attempted to sell cars for a living (key word there: attempted), we took all the antennas off the Jeep Wranglers and stored them in the service department's parts room. People would walk by the car lot at night, take them off, and sometimes just bend them into a horseshoe and leave them on the ground.

Lipripper

Steve I know how you feel cause I've had some computers that were as slow as molasses drive you crazy  ~rant Hope you can get a better one soon. SHC I could see that happening since it wouldn't take long to do and must of been some kids out having fun.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

paparockcal

Serving your country in uniform as an officer and having your commanding officer tell you he is going to do everting in his power the get you killed and he almost does.

Vietnam Era Viet

topdsm0138

They STILL act like that. Except I'm friends with my XO. It's some of the NCO's that hate me.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

paparockcal

Quote from: topdsm0138 on February 07, 2018, 05:40:30 PM
They STILL act like that. Except I'm friends with my XO. It's some of the NCO's that hate me.

Well, the only reason I'm still walking around is my second cousin was an Airborne Infantry Major General or I would be MIA presumed dead in Quảng Trị Province along with the rest of the long range recon patrol I was supposed to have a been part of. A major recognized my name and pulled me off that "one-way" ticket. He told me afterward what he did and why. Everyone on that patrol went MIA presumed dead. Boy was my brigade commander P.O.ed I was not on that patrol as XO.

creekbasser

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on January 12, 2018, 03:16:10 PM
Young people with no manners and no respect for their elders.

Most Fridays I have to stop at the grocery store on my way home and today was no different. After checking out I had to go to the customer service desk to get a money order. Ahead of me was a young 20 something year old guy who was already being helped by a man behind the counter. The lady behind the counter came over to me and got me what I needed. As I was waiting for the money order to print out I noticed the young guy in front of me had finished his business but he was just standing there in the middle of the aisle. My money order finishes printing, I take it and I start down the roped in aisle and say excuse me to the young idiot who is still just standing in the middle of the aisle staring at me and my cart full of groceries. He doesn't move or say anything but keeps staring at me. So I say excuse me again in a little more irritated tone of voice. No response. So I just went full steam at him with the cart. He got out of the way just enough for me to get by but I did manage to "accidentally" make contact as I squeezed past. He didn't say anything, but he looked at me with such disgust it made me mad.

Just another indication to me that a lot of kids are not being raised right anymore. 
Old people do this exact same thing to me. It isn't a lack of respect done by any age. It is a lack of respect for all ages done by all ages. Humans are becoming more about me then about helping others anymore. 

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

topdsm0138

Paparockcal, They hate me because my MOS is my real world profession for 20yrs this April. And anytime there is a big project, the XO asks us for our opinions and guidance rather than them. Well, that's how things get done, you call in the Pros over some 20yr old "I passed a test, so I have rank!" brat.

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont