Dobyns offers new rod models and other products for 2018

Started by Ron Fogelson, December 14, 2017, 07:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Fogelson

Just got the last news letter

From Gary...

It's crazy how fast this year has flown by! Here we are in December already with January creeping right around the corner.

We're launching some new rod models and other products for 2018. We've been asked many times about longer spinning rods in the Champion Series. We now have in stock the Champion DC 732 SF, DC 733 SF, DC 762 SF, DC 763 SF, and the DC 792 SF.  These are all fast action models. We did make a 762SF and 763SF Champion rod in the past, however these are completely different rods. They're faster actions made with better materials to make them lighter and more sensitive.

Dobyns is also starting to make baits. I've always made many of my own jigs and spinnerbaits. So Dobyns will now have spinnerbaits, swimbait heads, nail weights, and jigs(coming soon). We'll soon have crank baits and top water baits as well .  Fisherman are always tweaking baits for the better and wanting changes made  for specific situations....now I get to address my "wants" as I build baits. For instance many of us Super Glue swimbait bodies onto our swimbait heads so they don't slip back or twist on the hook shank. The swimbait heads I build have 4 lead barbs to hold the bodies in place. There's a barb on each of the 4 sides of the head. It's really simple but I've not seen it done before. No more waiting for Super Glue to dry, no more glued fingers, no more pre-rigging baits the night before.

We build swimbait heads in 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4, and 1 ounce sizes. We build with a heavy wire hook for Stripers and big bass but also a lighter wire for everyday bass use with things like an A-Rig. The swimbait heads are also available with and without weed guard. As always with Dobyns, there's lots of options so you get exactly what you're looking for. I also use this same 4 barb system on my jigs for trailers as well. The nail weight is very simple but I wasn't happy with what I was buying to fish with so I made one I believe to be a lot better. Simple little things go a long ways in making our time on the water easier and more efficient.

These cooler water temps mean the bass have already started their eating binge. Better get out there and help them out!!!!!

Bud Kennedy

Also noticed a few link backs to Ultimate bass articles including the article about trailer tire maintenance on the front page and also Mike's recent review for his new rod.  Good Stuff.  Members please don't forget to read the front page always lots of fun stuff going on.

SteveTX

I went to looking on the website for all his lures as soon as I read about them.  :( I couldn't find any.

Ron Fogelson

Ron Fogelson