Who likes competitive fishing

Started by zippyduck, December 16, 2017, 05:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippyduck

Well if you like competitive fishing, you are going to like the changes to UB IBASS next year.

Seven months to compete against some great sticks.

A six month regular season broke into two zones. Ending with a one month classic where the best three competitors from each zone face off to be the first classic champ.

During the classic we will be holding our first team tourney as a Southern and Northern fisherman will be paired together.

April to September will be the regular season and October will be the team and classic month.

Come join the fun and if anyone has any other ideas let Me or Mike know.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Capt. BassinLou

Sounds like it's going to be a fun season next year. How will the team's be paired?

zippyduck

Quote from: Bassinlou on December 16, 2017, 05:29:24 AM
Sounds like it's going to be a fun season next year. How will the team's be paired?

I will put names in two hats and have my wife pull one out of each.

SteveTX

Looking good. Should be fun.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

Lipripper

If my strenght and feet get better I just might have to get in on this one next year.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SteveTX

Quote from: Lipripper on December 16, 2017, 09:18:23 AM
If my strenght and feet get better I just might have to get in on this one next year.
Hey I just had an idea. Start posting with your feet. That would be like a triathlon workout. Hahahaha

Lipripper

Quote from: SteveTX on December 16, 2017, 09:42:48 AM
Hey I just had an idea. Start posting with your feet. That would be like a triathlon workout. Hahahaha

Some have said I do that already  lo lo But now my feet are numb and you wouldn't be able to read wat I posted.  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Kris

I think I might have to get involved with this next Season. Can you repost the rules for me? The way this year went I kinda feel sorry for anyone who gets paired with me.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

Lipripper

Quote from: Kris on December 16, 2017, 10:35:17 AM
I think I might have to get involved with this next Season. Can you repost the rules for me? The way this year went I kinda feel sorry for anyone who gets paired with me.
Kris when this gets started next year zippy will be making a thread with the rules and a sign up spot to say your in. I didn't get in this year cause I didn't have the strength to throw lures and live bait fish don't count so I set this year out and hope by next spring I will have some of my strength back enough to compete  ;D

Kris

Quote from: Lipripper on December 16, 2017, 10:47:29 AM
Kris when this gets started next year zippy will be making a thread with the rules and a sign up spot to say your in. I didn't get in this year cause I didn't have the strength to throw lures and live bait fish don't count so I set this year out and hope by next spring I will have some of my strength back enough to compete  ;D
Let us hope that you can get the strength back so you can participate next year Brother. I keep praying that the strength in my legs keeps me moving for many more years. I know most of the problem is in my right leg from my back injury years ago. Let's hope together.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

Lipripper

Quote from: Kris on December 16, 2017, 11:08:04 AM
Let us hope that you can get the strength back so you can participate next year Brother. I keep praying that the strength in my legs keeps me moving for many more years. I know most of the problem is in my right leg from my back injury years ago. Let's hope together.
You got it and I'm thinking of a way to strap a light weight lawn chair to my back since I can't stand for very long at a time  and will start looking for some good spots I won't have to walk to far to get too.

SFL BassHunter

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

D.W. Verts

I can't do it. I won't be able to stand being called a "Northern" angler.
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: D.W. Verts on December 16, 2017, 07:27:30 PM
I can't do it. I won't be able to stand being called a "Northern" angler.

Good for you Dale.  At least they could have called it the Hill Billy Region.   ~roflmao

zippyduck

We could call them the easy and hard zones🤣

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

zippyduck

Ok new challenge  name the zones .
And not hurt any cry babies feelings.

SteveTX

Quote from: zippyduck on December 16, 2017, 08:01:30 PM
Ok new challenge  name the zones .
And not hurt any cry babies feelings.

Northern zone possibilities: snowbird, yank, northerner, damn yankee, seppo   ~roflmao