My new tin boat!

Started by aaron_Rockwell, December 17, 2017, 07:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaron_Rockwell

Just came in 2018 Lund 1875 pro bass 150 Mercury tandem custom trailer  36 volt Minnkota terrova I pilot link helix 9 so mega on the helm helix 9 on bow 4 bank pro charger going to be a long winter waiting to get it out!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Lipripper

That's a nice looking boat. Lunds make some nice fishing boats. so I'm taking it you live where the water gets hard and we can't fish all year round. It's going to be a long winter  :'( :'(

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

aaron_Rockwell

Quote from: Lipripper on December 17, 2017, 08:04:56 AM
That's a nice looking boat. Lunds make some nice fishing boats. so I'm taking it you live where the water gets hard and we can't fish all year round. It's going to be a long winter  :'( :'(
Yes 3 inches of ice already.  It most likely won't see open water until the first of April

Lipripper

Quote from: aaron_Rockwell on December 17, 2017, 08:15:50 AM
Yes 3 inches of ice already.  It most likely won't see open water until the first of April

3" all ready. You must live further north than I do then cause we only have a thin layer on ours are Chicago land.

Donald Garner

aaron,

Congrats on the new ride  ~c~   Tks for sharing the picture with us I like that color.   Good luck not going crazy this winter with that sitting in the garage  :'(
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

aaron_Rockwell

Quote from: Donald Garner on December 17, 2017, 08:21:24 AM
aaron,

Congrats on the new ride  ~c~   Tks for sharing the picture with us I like that color.   Good luck not going crazy this winter with that sitting in the garage  :'(
Thanks I guess I will have to just organize my tackle  for the umpteenth time until open water!

Captsteve

congratulations, hope you have an early spring.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Princeton_Man

Great looking ride! I'd be planning a drive south to open water! I couldn't wait all Winter. Or does the warranty begin when the lakes thaw?  ;D
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

3deez

that is one sweet ride. congrats.
2017 Crestliner PT18 Mercury 150 hp Pro XS
Minn Kota 80lb Fortrex
10' Talon

Pacific NW Ron

Nice boat.  I've looked at the lund but our local dealers don't stock any of the bass boats.  Post some reports when you do finally get it in the water.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Ddyyak

Bought one last spring. You are going to love it. You can spend all winter buying gear to fill the massive storage lockers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTodd

Quote from: aaron_Rockwell on December 17, 2017, 07:51:29 AM
Just came in 2018 Lund 1875 pro bass 150 Mercury tandem custom trailer  36 volt Minnkota terrova I pilot link helix 9 so mega on the helm helix 9 on bow 4 bank pro charger going to be a long winter waiting to get it out!

You realize FL is open for business don't you?

Capt. BassinLou

Very nice boat!! Congratulations!!

aaron_Rockwell

Quote from: WTodd on December 17, 2017, 01:42:48 PM
You realize FL is open for business don't you?

I'm thinking about it lol

Lipripper

Quote from: aaron_Rockwell on December 17, 2017, 02:28:18 PM
I'm thinking about it lol

That would be a long drive from your house wouldn't it.  lo lo

Catawba_Mike

Congrats on the new rig - that is sweet! I know Lunds are popular up there in the north, but I'm curious, did you shop any other tin bass boats, and if so, what made you choose Lund? I think of Lund as the "Caddy" of aluminum boats, so that might be the reason.  :)

I'm sure that rig will trailer real well down here to the South, so you can at least get the motor broken in before spring ice-out.  ;)
Catawba Mike

West6550

aaron_Rockwell

Quote from: Catawba_Mike on December 17, 2017, 08:17:14 PM
Congrats on the new rig - that is sweet! I know Lunds are popular up there in the north, but I'm curious, did you shop any other tin bass boats, and if so, what made you choose Lund? I think of Lund as the "Caddy" of aluminum boats, so that might be the reason.  :)

I'm sure that rig will trailer real well down here to the South, so you can at least get the motor broken in before spring ice-out.  ;)
I have owned several aluminum boats and a few glass boats .my last boat was a lund 18 windshield boat. Here in Michigan we have very shallow inland lakes and the ruff at times great lakes . I found the Lund does very well in both. The pro bass has a hull that handles ruff conditions extremely well and I can sneak it into the very shallow boat ramps that are local to me. I have owned several top brand boats and have found the layout and quality  and enormous storage on the Lund to be the deal maker.

SFL BassHunter

Beautiful boat. Lund sure makes an attractive one. Too bad you can't take it out till April. I'd go on a road trip south Lol

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Quote from: aaron_Rockwell on December 18, 2017, 07:02:35 AM
I have owned several aluminum boats and a few glass boats .my last boat was a lund 18 windshield boat. Here in Michigan we have very shallow inland lakes and the ruff at times great lakes . I found the Lund does very well in both. The pro bass has a hull that handles ruff conditions extremely well and I can sneak it into the very shallow boat ramps that are local to me. I have owned several top brand boats and have found the layout and quality  and enormous storage on the Lund to be the deal maker.

You got that right my son lives in Michigan and I've fished some of them lakes up there and I think they all have very shallow and short boat ramps.  lo lo

Oldfart9999

Lund makes the best quality tins out there!! Congrats on a a nice boat!!! You can practice speed loading the tackle, give her 12-15 coats of wax on her. Sit at the console and put your electronics in demo mode and practice working with them. Sit there with a laptop and watch fishing videos while imaging your there casting to fish. Come over here and help me make jigs and service my reels. See, there's lots of things to do!!! ;D ;D ;D ~shade
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

aaron_Rockwell

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on December 20, 2017, 07:00:59 AM
Lund makes the best quality tins out there!! Congrats on a a nice boat!!! You can practice speed loading the tackle, give her 12-15 coats of wax on her. Sit at the console and put your electronics in demo mode and practice working with them. Sit there with a laptop and watch fishing videos while imaging your there casting to fish. Come over here and help me make jigs and service my reels. See, there's lots of things to do!!! ;D ;D ;D ~shade
Rodney
Lol I put two coats of wax already  and did sit in it playing  with the graphs!

fishandkamp

Hey Aaron have you picked up your new boat yet?  My wife and I did some research yesterday. We drove 100 miles up into PA to see one of these at a local dealer.  Wow what a pretty boat. I really liked their hull.
It looked like something that would work nice down here on the Chesapeake Bay.  What did not work for me was their rod storage. It is tough to get rods in there. Have you tried to put any in the rod box.
The issue was the rod tubes come  back so far towards the rod handles it made getting rods in the tubes difficult. The 7 foot spinning rod had its stripping guide inside the tube and even a 7 foot casting rod had to be seriously bent to get it in the tube.
Make sure, if you have not taken delivery, you try it out first. Load up you typical rod selection.
Maybe it was just me.  I have no idea how that rod box could hold the big musky rods they suggest it can.

aaron_Rockwell

I just tried to put some of my Longer rods  7,6" in my 1875 I usually  keep them in a sleeve and slid in there no problem.  I did have to flex some but do not see it being  a problem  for me. I checked all 3 rows . I would probably  keep my longest rods in the top row less flex there.

Oldfart9999

Would work for me!!! ;D ;D ;D
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.