Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need 3 or 4 Daiwa Spinning Rods  (Read 259 times)

Dam0007

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Need 3 or 4 Daiwa Spinning Rods
« on: December 17, 2017, 12:57:41 PM »

Sup all!!! Been ridiculously busy past few months with work and process of buying a house, havenít really been on the boards.. Need some input!

Just copy pasted this from my post in another forum....

Hey guys Any input would be useful.

I absolutely hate the Fuji reel seat most of these use. Only one I could see myself using is the the seat on the Tat Elites but Iíve seen the same 7ft M XF with 2 different reel seats at 2 different places. So Iím afraid Iíll order the 3 rods and have different seats on them. My gripe is locking the reel down and there being a gap between the hood and the seat. As I posted on another forum some comparisons as not all the rods use the Fujiís.

Tatula $150 Msrp
SVF Blank, X45, Alconite Guides
Tatula XT $100 Msrp
HVF Blank, X45, Alum guides
Tatula Elite $180 Msrp
Cronos $180 Msrp
HVF Blank, X45, Alconite Guides
Steez XT $300 Msrp

differences:??
Tatula XT and Cronos host same blanks yet at $100 and $180

Tatula Elite and Steez XT host same blanks yet at $180 and $300

that leaves the OG Tatula at $150 with the best feature set at almost the cheapest price...

Moral of the story I need 3 maybe 4 rods total
Drop Shot
Shakey Head/Neko/Spider grubs
Swimbaits on 1/4-1/2oz heads

Ideally out of the elite series the 3 that are NOT the AGS models. ML, M, MH and all will have Tatula LT reels.

Again any help in a decision will be greatly appreciated.
CT BASS Nation!

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram! @dam0007bass

fishandkamp

• Charter Member
Re: Need 3 or 4 Daiwa Spinning Rods
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 08:35:24 PM »

Have you ever looked at the Irod rods?  I can tell you they are very comfortable as are the Dobyns spinning rods.

Dam0007

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 09:20:27 PM »

Have you ever looked at the Irod rods?  I can tell you they are very comfortable as are the Dobyns spinning rods.

Sup bro, Yeah, I have like 50 Dobyns Rods lol I just hate the reel seat on the spinning models. Like hate is a understatement. Been running a few champs and Sierras. I hold spinning rods with stem in between pinky and ring finger so Iím gripping the nut and blank. The stupid gap in between the hood and cork irritates the shit outta my hand and Iím constantly loosening the nut. I run all Daiwa reels so for brand loyalty sake trying to keep the names under the same umbrella. Majority of the Daiwas have Grip above the stem which would be Uber helpful. At this point I donít care if I run $14.99 Walmart special Daiwas as long as the reel seat is comfy Iíll be happy. Also, I donít care if the rod is $1,000 on sale for thirty cents if it has exposed threads I wonít buy it.
... Some of these Daiwas have the same reel seat as the Dobyns but upside down. Those I will not buy either the same gap between hood and seat is just stupid.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:26:52 PM by Dam0007 »
CT BASS Nation!

Dam0007

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 10:05:45 AM »

Little update if anyone is interested..

so I bought a Tatula 721MHXS to check out. It feels great especially for the $100 that I paid. However the other 2 models I need I wasnít digging their specs. So selling this to a friend.

One local store had a elite in stock. Wow theyre Light! Lol so I bit the bullet and ordered the 3 Tatula Elites without the AGS. Drop Shot is getting a 2500 LT, Shaky Head and Swimbait models a 3000 LT each.

Also, During the search came across some insane deals on a Fuego and Exceler rod. So grabbed those and paired each with a Exceler and Fuego LT. Will be great for the wife to use and keep in the boat as emergency back ups for tourneys.

mission complete
CT BASS Nation!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 24 queries.