Need 3 or 4 Daiwa Spinning Rods

Started by Dam0007, December 17, 2017, 12:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dam0007

Sup all!!! Been ridiculously busy past few months with work and process of buying a house, haven't really been on the boards.. Need some input!

Just copy pasted this from my post in another forum....

Hey guys Any input would be useful.

I absolutely hate the Fuji reel seat most of these use. Only one I could see myself using is the the seat on the Tat Elites but I've seen the same 7ft M XF with 2 different reel seats at 2 different places. So I'm afraid I'll order the 3 rods and have different seats on them. My gripe is locking the reel down and there being a gap between the hood and the seat. As I posted on another forum some comparisons as not all the rods use the Fuji's.

Tatula $150 Msrp
SVF Blank, X45, Alconite Guides
Tatula XT $100 Msrp
HVF Blank, X45, Alum guides
Tatula Elite $180 Msrp
Cronos $180 Msrp
HVF Blank, X45, Alconite Guides
Steez XT $300 Msrp

differences:??
Tatula XT and Cronos host same blanks yet at $100 and $180

Tatula Elite and Steez XT host same blanks yet at $180 and $300

that leaves the OG Tatula at $150 with the best feature set at almost the cheapest price...

Moral of the story I need 3 maybe 4 rods total
Drop Shot
Shakey Head/Neko/Spider grubs
Swimbaits on 1/4-1/2oz heads

Ideally out of the elite series the 3 that are NOT the AGS models. ML, M, MH and all will have Tatula LT reels.

Again any help in a decision will be greatly appreciated.
MLF Angler - Dobyns Rods, Reynolds Marine, Phoenix Boats, Woo! Tungsten, Berkley Fishing, Rod Glove, Siebert Outdoors, Power Pole, Costa

IG: @dam0007bass

fishandkamp

Have you ever looked at the Irod rods?  I can tell you they are very comfortable as are the Dobyns spinning rods.

Dam0007

Quote from: fishandkamp on December 17, 2017, 08:35:24 PM
Have you ever looked at the Irod rods?  I can tell you they are very comfortable as are the Dobyns spinning rods.

Sup bro, Yeah, I have like 50 Dobyns Rods lol I just hate the reel seat on the spinning models. Like hate is a understatement. Been running a few champs and Sierras. I hold spinning rods with stem in between pinky and ring finger so I'm gripping the nut and blank. The stupid gap in between the hood and cork irritates the shit outta my hand and I'm constantly loosening the nut. I run all Daiwa reels so for brand loyalty sake trying to keep the names under the same umbrella. Majority of the Daiwas have Grip above the stem which would be Uber helpful. At this point I don't care if I run $14.99 Walmart special Daiwas as long as the reel seat is comfy I'll be happy. Also, I don't care if the rod is $1,000 on sale for thirty cents if it has exposed threads I won't buy it.
... Some of these Daiwas have the same reel seat as the Dobyns but upside down. Those I will not buy either the same gap between hood and seat is just stupid.
MLF Angler - Dobyns Rods, Reynolds Marine, Phoenix Boats, Woo! Tungsten, Berkley Fishing, Rod Glove, Siebert Outdoors, Power Pole, Costa

Dam0007

Little update if anyone is interested..

so I bought a Tatula 721MHXS to check out. It feels great especially for the $100 that I paid. However the other 2 models I need I wasn't digging their specs. So selling this to a friend.

One local store had a elite in stock. Wow theyre Light! Lol so I bit the bullet and ordered the 3 Tatula Elites without the AGS. Drop Shot is getting a 2500 LT, Shaky Head and Swimbait models a 3000 LT each.

Also, During the search came across some insane deals on a Fuego and Exceler rod. So grabbed those and paired each with a Exceler and Fuego LT. Will be great for the wife to use and keep in the boat as emergency back ups for tourneys.

mission complete