Previous topic - Next topic

rchiuz

Conditions
Sunny with barely any clouds
Wind: 5 mph
Water clarity: 3-4ft
Air temp: 71 F
Duration: 10 am - 3:45pm

Started the day late but I thought might as well wait till the temperature goes up since it was 66 F in the morning. My mind set was soft plastics since the sun was high up already. I focused on areas with pads using a peg worm in watermelon and a wacky worm for areas with more open water. On my 2nd cast I had a tug but wasn't sure if it was a fish or the pads pulling the line so I set it and was rewarded with a nice 3lber

I hit some open water in between some pads so I switched to a wacky worm. I threw the worm out and just popped it on the retrieve.  I felt a good thump but thought maybe it was a cichlid but as soon as I reeled in the slack the rod loaded up. It turned out to be another large mouth.

I went through most of the day catching 6 dinks. I went to a ned rig to see if I could get something different. Most of the fish were less than 5 inches on the ned. I saw a bedding bass earlier in the day that did not go for a stick worm or a wacky worm. I thought, why not try the ned and she bit. So I ended the day with another large mouth close to 3lbs

In all, it was a good day even though I thought it would be a tough one with such a late start. The Christmas magic I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the worst thing about being a bank fisher? Always having to watch out for dog poop LOL

SFL BassHunter

Nice day out there to fish! You caught some good ones! Thanks for the report, I wish I could have gone to fish today but was busy waking up late due to last nights super late festivities and then going to see my parents today and set up the new all in one pc I bought them.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and you caught some nice bass. ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Capt. BassinLou

Thank you for the report Roberto, you found 3 very nice bass today. WTG!!

FlatsNBay

Nice job Roberto. It's nice to hear that they're bedding down there.

big g

Nice job Roberto.  You found a few quality bass, keep after them! ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.