Healthy Living (stay strong my friends)

Started by SFL BassHunter, December 28, 2017, 02:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lipripper

You Rick like you said you have to make it a routine so you just do it everyday just like breathing.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Smallie_Stalker

Good luck Rick. The beginning is always the hardest then before you know it you are doing it without even giving it much thought.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Bassun67

I love experiments. In my view, no workout such as weight-lifting or running is needed if one wants to lose weight. It's easy: Stop (or reduce) eating food (and drinks) with added sugar.

In my days working in the hospital pharmacy people were prescribed with Xenical, Orlistat (lower dose "Alli") or other dangerous diet pills such as Ephedrine or Diphyllin (a bronchodilator), none of them is as effective as a simple rule - "choosing food without added sugar". A more important thing is, it's safe with no potential side effects.

I lost 8kg (17.6lb) in 3-5 months (in 2016-2017) simply by limiting sugar in food. Try it yourself; thank me later.  ;D

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Bassun67 on January 09, 2018, 01:46:15 PM
I love experiments. In my view, no workout such as weight-lifting or running is needed if one wants to lose weight. It's easy: Stop (or reduce) eating food (and drinks) with little or without added sugar.

In my days working in the hospital pharmacy people were prescribed with Xenical, Orlistat (lower dose "Alli") or other dangerous diet pills such as Ephedrine or Diphyllin (a bronchodilator), none of them is as effective as a simple rule - "choosing food without added sugar". A more important thing is, it's safe with no potential side effects.

I lost 8kg (17.6lb) in 3-5 months (in 2016-2017) simply by limiting sugar in food. Try it yourself; thank me later.  ;D

This is very true. One of my posts in this thread I mentioned that two years ago I lost 40 pounds in 6 months by just eliminating soda from my diet. Like an idiot i started drinking it again because it is my addiction but i have begun the process of cutting it out again and hopefully this time I will be smart enough not to go back.  ~b~

SFL BassHunter

Unfortunately for me eliminating soda from my diet has never yielded weight loss results.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

This is kind of weird everyone is trying to take off weight and I'm trying to put it on.  lo lo

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Lipripper on January 09, 2018, 03:18:07 PM
This is kind of weird everyone is trying to take off weight and I'm trying to put it on.  lo lo

If only there was a way to transfer weight to someone lol.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Quote from: rickdelprado on January 09, 2018, 03:23:34 PM
If only there was a way to transfer weight to someone lol.
I would be more than happy to take some since I don't get hungry and have to force myself to eat.  lo lo I almost dread getting on the scale  ~sweat

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Lipripper on January 09, 2018, 03:42:45 PM
I would be more than happy to take some since I don't get hungry and have to force myself to eat.  lo lo I almost dread getting on the scale  ~sweat

I do dread getting on the scale.  :(
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Quote from: rickdelprado on January 09, 2018, 03:49:17 PM
With me I have to really watch it cause if I don't force myself to eat I could wind up back on a feeding tube or waist away.  When this cancer stuff started I went from around 215 lb all the way to 150 in under two months  :surrender:

SFL BassHunter

My first workout of 2018 is in the books.

2 different types of curls, Bench Press, Incline Bench Press

4 sets of each (20 reps each set), 15lb dumbbells

^^^Isn't much weight, but I am going for low weight, high reps. Today will be workout # 2. We will probably work shoulders, back and triceps.
Florida Bass Fishing

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: rickdelprado on January 10, 2018, 08:48:53 AM
My first workout of 2018 is in the books.

2 different types of curls, Bench Press, Incline Bench Press

4 sets of each (20 reps each set), 15lb dumbbells

^^^Isn't much weight, but I am going for low weight, high reps. Today will be workout # 2. We will probably work shoulders, back and triceps.

Rick, remember to keep in mind, focus your attention on your hips, back, mid back and posterior shoulders.  Less emphasis on your chest. Lastly, throw in some balance and core training to help increase your stamina when you are standing for long periods of time fishing.

SFL BassHunter

Thanks for the advice Lou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Good job Rick and starting with 15lb dumbbells is a good start you don't want to start with heavy weighrs. Start low and work your way up.

SFL BassHunter

I ate some green stuff today for lunch with some chicken breast. There were different shades of green in there...looked and tasted healthy. lol
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Quote from: rickdelprado on January 10, 2018, 02:42:40 PM
I ate some green stuff today for lunch with some chicken breast. There were different shades of green in there...looked and tasted healthy. lol
Taste healthy don't mean taste good lo lo I use to love a Chef with lots of bacon bits on it smothered in French and Thousand island dressing.

SFL BassHunter

That's exactly right Lip. That's why I didn't say it tasted good lol. For me tastes healthy = it's edible at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Florida Bass Fishing

Smallie_Stalker

I don't mind a salad with some grilled o baked chicken on it. I can even get by with just a little olive oil for dressing. But I need to have either fish or meat on there. I don't know how vegetarians enjoy their food.  :surrender:

DonM

Set back here. I'm in the hospital. Ventricular Fibbrulation. Had to shock me to start heart beating right again. That flippin' HURT! 
I'm past the crisis but it was touch and go yesterday. More later but even more inspiration to get healthy.
Thanks to God and excellent ER staff.
DonM

ItsJason

Jeez Don, Sorry To hear! I'll keep you in my thoughts and wish you a speedy recovery!
I'm at the opposite end here. My goal is to gain weight. 7 years ago I had a bad health situation, and I was left with a pretty screwed up digestive tract. Needless to say I have the opposite problem - keeping weight on. Before the problem I weighed 230lbs. In 4 months I weighed 146lbs.
I'm currently at 186, my ultimate goal is 210 (without adding body fat). When I was in my early 20s I was 220ish with very little fat. I realize I'm sure not 20 anymore, but think 210 is a decent goal. Most of that needs to be upper body. I'm hoping the new kayak will help a bit with that.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: DonM on January 10, 2018, 10:52:04 PM
Set back here. I'm in the hospital. Ventricular Fibbrulation. Had to shock me to start heart beating right again. That flippin' HURT! 
I'm past the crisis but it was touch and go yesterday. More later but even more inspiration to get healthy.
Wow Don...that sucks, hope you have a quick recovery. Make sure whatever you do to get healthy is ok with your doctors. But I am sure this will kick you into gear!

Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Don sorry to hear this and hope you getting better. I have came close to getting shocked before they even had the pads on my chest and had me hooked up to the Defib but thank the Lord the meds were able to to bring my heart rate back down from 225 BPM down to 100 BPM.  ~sweat It's a strange feeling for sure.

Smallie_Stalker

Glad to hear you are okay now Don. Prayers for your speedy recovery brother.

D.W. Verts

Quote from: rickdelprado on January 09, 2018, 03:49:17 PM

I think I would dread being Rick's scale, myself!

Lifting weights is not really a weight control deal. Actually if you lift properly you'll put weight ON (muscle mass is heavy). At one time I owned around 85 pounds of pure, weight lifting muscle. It was good times.

Bodybuilding, or just lifting weights, is as good for the soul as anything else. And my soul needs to feel good too.
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

DonM

Not great news.  Echo shows some lack of heart function.  Cath in the morning and tentatively scheduled for Pacemaker-defib device implant Monday.  Thanks for good wishes and prayers!
DonM