Healthy Living (stay strong my friends)

Started by SFL BassHunter, December 28, 2017, 02:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldfront

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on January 16, 2018, 05:56:41 AM
I felt the light weight high rep work outs quite a bit myself. Got 2 in last week. The second was shoulders, triceps and back.
Hoping this week we can manage 3 workouts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don't overlook legs/butt:  bigger muscle groups.  will help you get where you want faster.

Lipripper

Quote from: Down4ttown on January 30, 2018, 06:35:46 PM
Great thread here. I too have set some goals for myself and am happy to have other anglers with the same goals.

Thanks for the reminder I had to go weigh myself to see if I'm meeting my goal. 187 lb . All right as long as I can stay above 185 lbs I'm happy.  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SteelHorseCowboy

Quote from: coldfront on January 30, 2018, 06:42:59 PM
don't overlook legs/butt:  bigger muscle groups.  will help you get where you want faster.
Yep. Larger muscle groups burn calories very fast. I concentrate on my lower body when doing cardio and calisthenics.

One problem I'm having is, my weight loss is due ONLY to diet changes so far. I haven't started working out again yet. One step at a time...

Lipripper

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on January 31, 2018, 07:24:59 AM
Yep. Larger muscle groups burn calories very fast. I concentrate on my lower body when doing cardio and calisthenics.

One problem I'm having is, my weight loss is due ONLY to diet changes so far. I haven't started working out again yet. One step at a time...
Yelp don't try and do to much all at one time. Just take it slow and easy and don't go climbing in trees to retrieve lures.  lo lo

SteelHorseCowboy

Quote from: Lipripper on January 31, 2018, 09:48:57 AM
Yelp don't try and do to much all at one time. Just take it slow and easy and don't go climbing in trees to retrieve lures.  lo lo
I ain't never climbing a tree again!

Lipripper

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on January 31, 2018, 09:56:38 AM
I ain't never climbing a tree again!
Me either I'm to old and brittle for that anymore. ;D

SteelHorseCowboy

Hehe, I'm just too fat, weak, and beat up.
I jumped as hard as I could, got a full 3" vertical. Wrapped my legs around it, reached up to grab a lower branch...
My shoulder popped, my gut bounced me off the trunk, and I hit the ground with a thud.

Lipripper

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on January 31, 2018, 12:18:45 PM
Hehe, I'm just too fat, weak, and beat up.
I jumped as hard as I could, got a full 3" vertical. Wrapped my legs around it, reached up to grab a lower branch...
My shoulder popped, my gut bounced me off the trunk, and I hit the ground with a thud.
lo lo that would of made a great video.  ;D

SFL BassHunter

Havent posted here for a bit! I need to get focused. Even though I am working out 2-3 times a week, I am not eating as healthy as I need to be. This crap is tough!
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Smallie_Stalker

The digital scale arrived today.  :(    I weighed in at 314.20 pounds.  I haven't been that heavy since around 2006 or 2007. The highest I got to was around 2009 when I hit just under 350.

I have been down to 260 twice since then. That's what happens when you sit at a desk all day and munch on chips while drinking almost nothing but soda day and night.  ~b~

I only plan on weighing myself once a month on the first. So consider this my starting point.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

SFL BassHunter

I haven't checked in here in a while. My goals have kind of been derailed a bit.

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on February 01, 2018, 05:27:03 PM
The digital scale arrived today.  :(    I weighed in at 314.20 pounds.  I haven't been that heavy since around 2006 or 2007. The highest I got to was around 2009 when I hit just under 350.

I have been down to 260 twice since then. That's what happens when you sit at a desk all day and munch on chips while drinking almost nothing but soda day and night.  ~b~

I only plan on weighing myself once a month on the first. So consider this my starting point.
Smallie that is good method. Weighing in too often could be a negative. If you see no change. But once a month sounds good.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

I think we all forgot about this thread.  lo Wel so far I'm keeping my weight right around 187 lbs. I still don't get hungry and nothing taste like it use too but I eat because I know I have too.

SteelHorseCowboy

Lol, I ain't forgot, I'm too ashamed to update!
I'm ready to put the smokes down and finish that off. Shoulda already done it, but it's worse for me when I don't smoke because I CAN'T, rather than not smoking because I want to quit. So after getting gassed last week, the only thing I wanted was a dang cigarette and I was frustrated as hell because I COULDN'T have one for several days. That shoulda been the end, but oh no...

I've lost no more weight, even though I'm sticking to my guns with portion control. I need exercise, but I've been told not to do anything more than I already am until my blood pressure is gotten under control.

Smallie_Stalker

I didn't forget either. In the past I have done better with weighing in only once a month so I'm sticking with what works for me. I'll be back next week on Thursday to post if I made any progress.

I did find out that the med they put me on to treat the prostate before I have the cancer treatments has weight gain as one of the most common side effects. The good news is that once I deal with the cancer I won't have to take this med anymore.

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on February 20, 2018, 12:33:50 PM
Lol, I ain't forgot, I'm too ashamed to update!
I'm ready to put the smokes down and finish that off. Shoulda already done it, but it's worse for me when I don't smoke because I CAN'T, rather than not smoking because I want to quit. So after getting gassed last week, the only thing I wanted was a dang cigarette and I was frustrated as hell because I COULDN'T have one for several days. That shoulda been the end, but oh no...

I've lost no more weight, even though I'm sticking to my guns with portion control. I need exercise, but I've been told not to do anything more than I already am until my blood pressure is gotten under control.

Yep, definitely have to work within whatever health limitations you have. My back is so messed up that I have trouble standing for more than 5 minutes or so. I am going to have to take certain exercises slow to begin with and there are others that I just can't do anymore because they would cause more harm than good.

I hope you can get the blood pressure under control quick. It's a very treatable condition these days but the right med is critical.  I'll put you on the "extra prayers" list.

DonM

They keep putting me in the hospital!  Going again Thursday for day surgery, still trying to clean my incision from the last surgery!  I think the doctors need a new bass boat.
You can lose weight by eating the hospital food though. 
I'm at about 271 now, but that's down considerably from what it was.  Need exercise though. 
Everybody hang in there; you can't win if you stop trying!
DonM

Oldfart9999

Exercise means as much as losing weight. YOU DIDN'T GAIN THAT WEIGHT IN ONE DAY, DON'T TRY LOSING IT IN ONE!!! With moderate exercise for you heart and a diet that lets you lose about a pound a week you'll be doing very well, a fast weight loss can be bad for you, strengthen your heart and eat in moderation is the best way guys!!!
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Don your right you won't gain any weight eating hospital food. lo Sorry your having issues with the incision site and hope they get it all cleared up soon. Tell him he has to take you out in his new Bass Boat when he gets it. ~roflmao Rodney is spot on moderate exercise and a healthy diet is the way to do it. I'm not trying to lose any weight in my case I'm trying to keep what I have. I'm not eating healthy so much but some o fit is sort of good for you. I start the day off with a bowl of either frosted mini wheats or a bowl full of Whole grain golden grahams. Then around 10:30 I will have a bowl with mixed nuts and a hand full of unsalted pecans over top of them. Later in the day I will try to have brats or some sort of meat and potatoes and beans. I try and keep a baggie full of Bacon to snack on also. I also try to eat a couple of Ice Cream bars everyday also oh and I always have a couple bags of Ruffles Loaded Bacon & Cheddar Potato Skins around to snack on. So far I've been able to keep my weight between 185 and 190 lbs and since I've been doing this I don't have to take any MiraLAX  lo lo I weighed myself yesterday 188.5 lb.

Oldfart9999

You're doing good Lip!!! The reason I'm doing what I do is because I'm type 2 and am on 2 meds for it, the hard cardio knocks off 30 or 40 points when I check my sugar, I'd probably on insulin by now or just a short time. The other reason is all the arthritis, it helps keep my joints moving and stabilized, most likely I wouldn't be doing anywhere near the amount of fishing I do now and I'm going to keep fishing, enjoying time with my wife, time bugging the crap out of folks just for the fun of it. lo lo
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on February 22, 2018, 11:18:32 AM
You're doing good Lip!!! The reason I'm doing what I do is because I'm type 2 and am on 2 meds for it, the hard cardio knocks off 30 or 40 points when I check my sugar, I'd probably on insulin by now or just a short time. The other reason is all the arthritis, it helps keep my joints moving and stabilized, most likely I wouldn't be doing anywhere near the amount of fishing I do now and I'm going to keep fishing, enjoying time with my wife, time bugging the crap out of folks just for the fun of it. lo lo
Rodney
That's good Rodney we wouldn't have you any other way so keep on doing what your doing.  ;D

Smallie_Stalker

Weighed in this morning. I'm actually up by almost a full pound.   :(

Scale says 315.  :P  Not gonna let it get me down. Just gotta put my head down and keep pushing and I'll get moving in the right direction.

Lipripper

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on March 01, 2018, 03:20:41 PM
Weighed in this morning. I'm actually up by almost a full pound.   :(

Scale says 315.  :P  Not gonna let it get me down. Just gotta put my head down and keep pushing and I'll get moving in the right direction.
Don't let it get you down Smallie just keep your PMA up and push on.  ~bb OK I just got on the scale for my weakly weigh in and I'm holding at 188.5 lbs just where I was last week also. So all is good. It may not be the most health stuff but hey if it keeps my weight up who cares.  ;D

Smallie_Stalker

Been a while since anyone posted in here but I'm not giving up on this. I'm down 8 pounds since March 1st.

I haven't managed to cut out the soda altogether but I did cut down a lot and I've been eating healthier and more controlled portions and trying to be more active. I think the combination is working so I'm going to try and keep doing it like this. If I can keep up losing 4 pounds a month that I'll be 48 pounds lighter by this time next spring!  :-*

That should make walking the bank a bit easier.  :)

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on May 02, 2018, 06:10:33 PM
Been a while since anyone posted in here but I'm not giving up on this. I'm down 8 pounds since March 1st.

I haven't managed to cut out the soda altogether but I did cut down a lot and I've been eating healthier and more controlled portions and trying to be more active. I think the combination is working so I'm going to try and keep doing it like this. If I can keep up losing 4 pounds a month that I'll be 48 pounds lighter by this time next spring!  :-*

That should make walking the bank a bit easier.  :)

Heck I forgot about this thread. Good job smallie keep it going! Every pound helps when walking the bank.

Unfortunately I'm failing to hit my goals.

Florida Bass Fishing

coldfront

Quote from: Lipripper on January 31, 2018, 09:48:57 AM

can speak to the difference age makes in how muscles work.  older we get, less elastic.  more prone to tearing.  slower to recover.  don't 'bounce' nearly as well.

getting old sucks, but is better than the alternative.

Lipripper

Smallie I was just thinking about this thread a couple of days ago but then got side tracked with getting stuff together for my fishing trip. Way to go on them lost 8 lbs.  ~c~ ~c~ I'm still holding my weight at around 192 lbs and as long as I can keep it above 185 I'm happy. I'm still eating the same stuff heck I don't care if it's not all healthy for me as long as I can keep my weigh up.  ;D