Healthy Living (stay strong my friends)

Started by SFL BassHunter, December 28, 2017, 02:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: coldfront on June 03, 2018, 03:30:46 PM
one week into the free weights here.  starting slow and adding.  legs come next.

~bb
Awesome deal! Progress is progress.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Dark3

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on June 03, 2018, 03:20:47 PM
Good to see you back. We keep you,  your family and the others you serve with in our daily prayers.

Appreciate any help and suggestions. My not eating was due to having the flu. I know better than to try and eat my way thin by not eating. Back in December I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and one of the meds they have me on is a steroid so it's making it tougher to drop the pounds.

Besides the steroid issue the biggest problems I'm fighting are a combination of my age (58) and a variety of health issues including arthritis and a slew of back problems to include advanced degenerative disc disease, spinal arthritis, multiple pinched nerves and sciatica.

So if you got any suggestions for a plan that would help an old broke down man like me I'm all ears.

Thanks brother and welcome home.

Sent from my LG-H932 (LG V30 Plus) using Tapatalk
Im sorry to hear about your illness smallie. I know you have been through the ringer the last few years and you have what it takes to get healthy. Boy oh boy the back pain, I still also have deg. Disk, arthritis, disk pretrusion, stenosis. At one time I was on daily pain meds for years. Havent taken any meds for about 2 years. For me, excersise is the best and only truly effective tool for pain management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SFL BassHunter

Some more progress for me.
Started at 343
Checkpoint Thursday 334
Today 331

Goal is to be under 315 by the end of this month. If I continue at the same pace I should have no problem getting under that.

Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Smallie_Stalker

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Bassinkorea

WTG Rick, great work and great progress. Keep it up  ~c~ ~c~ ~bb
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

cortman

SFL BassHunter

Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Way to go Rick your doing great  ~c~ ~c~ I'm still holding my weight at around 192 LBs. I still don't get hungry and nothing taste like it use to but so far I've been able to hold my weight up with what I do eat even if it's not as healthy as it should be.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Lipripper on June 05, 2018, 12:50:48 PM
Way to go Rick your doing great  ~c~ ~c~ I'm still holding my weight at around 192 LBs. I still don't get hungry and nothing taste like it use to but so far I've been able to hold my weight up with what I do eat even if it's not as healthy as it should be.
That's good news Lip. As long as you maintain! If you start to drop weight, you gotta get on the Cuban diet.

White Rice with Black Beans, Fried Sweet Plantains, and fried pork chunks!
Do that 2 times a day for a week and you'll put on some weight. If you don't then you're not eating enough rice lol.
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on June 05, 2018, 01:25:19 PM
That's good news Lip. As long as you maintain! If you start to drop weight, you gotta get on the Cuban diet.

White Rice with Black Beans, Fried Sweet Plantains, and fried pork chunks!
Do that 2 times a day for a week and you'll put on some weight. If you don't then you're not eating enough rice lol.

I can't eat rice there is something in it that makes me gag and throw up.  lo lo

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Lipripper on June 05, 2018, 01:42:55 PM
I can't eat rice there is something in it that makes me gag and throw up.  lo lo
Oh you wouldn't make a good Cuban then.  :shocking: lol

Florida Bass Fishing

cport

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on June 05, 2018, 01:43:51 PM
Oh you wouldn't make a good Cuban then.  :shocking: lol

Then make me an honorary Cubano, luvs me some picadillo
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: cport on June 05, 2018, 01:45:38 PM
Then make me an honorary Cubano, luvs me some picadillo
Picadillo is awesome!
Florida Bass Fishing

cport

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: cport on June 05, 2018, 01:52:18 PM
So is Ropa Vieja
Not a fan, prefer Vaca Frita. Ropa Vieja is too chewy sometimes.
Florida Bass Fishing

cport

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on June 05, 2018, 02:07:42 PM
Not a fan, prefer Vaca Frita. Ropa Vieja is too chewy sometimes.
Si, but not if done right.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Dark3

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Dark3 on June 05, 2018, 06:56:34 PM
A descent read... https://www.healthline.com/health/catabolism-vs-anabolism#bottom-line

Thanks Dark that does look interesting. I'll have to put it aside til I can find the time to read it though.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

SFL BassHunter

Florida Bass Fishing

Dark3

I ran a 11 miler this morning. Well ran 10 miles and suffered a panic attack causing me to feel like I couldn't breathe. Its gotta be the worst possible time to have a panic attack is when your already out of breath, and your lungs are numb from over an hour of sustained heavi g breathing. Very scary stuff. Walked a mile back to civilization and am now at a troop hospital.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Dark3 on June 08, 2018, 08:21:29 AM
I ran a 11 miler this morning. Well ran 10 miles and suffered a panic attack causing me to feel like I couldn't breathe. Its gotta be the worst possible time to have a panic attack is when your already out of breath, and your lungs are numb from over an hour of sustained heavi g breathing. Very scary stuff. Walked a mile back to civilization and am now at a troop hospital.

I've had panic attacks they are no joke. I've never had one after running 10 miles. Mainly cause I've never run anywhere near 10 miles in my life at any given time lol.
Bet that was horrible. Not all panic attacks are the same either. Some just hit your breathing and make you dizzy. Others can cause you to break down and cry uncontrollably for no reason, while making you shiver like you're in 15 degree weather with no clothes on.
It's crazy, and horrible.
Sorry you're having to deal with panic attacks. Luckily I haven't had one in over a year.
Florida Bass Fishing

Dark3

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on June 08, 2018, 08:30:35 AM
I've had panic attacks they are no joke. I've never had one after running 10 miles. Mainly cause I've never run anywhere near 10 miles in my life at any given time lol.
Bet that was horrible. Not all panic attacks are the same either. Some just hit your breathing and make you dizzy. Others can cause you to break down and cry uncontrollably for no reason, while making you shiver like you're in 15 degree weather with no clothes on.
It's crazy, and horrible.
Sorry you're having to deal with panic attacks. Luckily I haven't had one in over a year.
Thank you. Ive also had those freezing spells and they are terrible too. The doc gave me lorazapam (adivan) or something that sounds like that for acute treatment. Its weird how these things go into remission and then come back like this. I was only 2 runs away from completing my goal of a 13.1 half marathon. Really sucks but even know I dont think this sais anything to my physical fitness, I know I am highly likely to have another freakout if I continue.

Lipripper

Quote from: Dark3 on June 08, 2018, 08:21:29 AM

Hope your going to be all right. Rick I have never ran that much at all  ~sweat

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Dark3 on June 08, 2018, 10:15:26 AM
Thank you. Ive also had those freezing spells and they are terrible too. The doc gave me lorazapam (adivan) or something that sounds like that for acute treatment. Its weird how these things go into remission and then come back like this. I was only 2 runs away from completing my goal of a 13.1 half marathon. Really sucks but even know I dont think this sais anything to my physical fitness, I know I am highly likely to have another freakout if I continue.

Lorazopam is what I was taking for a while after 2 major panic attacks

I stopped but I think I should get back on it. Really took away my stress, also I think balanced whatever chemical in my brain that makes me want to eat food even when I'm not hungry.
I lost a good amount of weight while taking lorazopam.
I also liked that I didn't road rage while taking it lol.

Florida Bass Fishing

Dark3

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on June 08, 2018, 10:45:27 AM
Lorazopam is what I was taking for a while after 2 major panic attacks

I stopped but I think I should get back on it. Really took away my stress, also I think balanced whatever chemical in my brain that makes me want to eat food even when I'm not hungry.
I lost a good amount of weight while taking lorazopam.
I also liked that I didn't road rage while taking it lol.

I just ordered a 6 pack of Yingalings and a oreo frosty when my wife ran out to the store so Idk about the appetite thing lol.