Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I am personally getting tired of spammers! We will be aggressively blocking IP addresses  from here on out. If you find yourself  blocked call 318-347-7380 and we will work to correct the issue. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Healthy Living (stay strong my friends)  (Read 4011 times)

Smallie_Stalker

• CM Community Diplomat
  • Good things come to those who bait !!!
Re: Healthy Living (stay strong my friends)
« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2018, 07:41:08 PM »

I took Lorazepam for a while. In my case it turned out it wasn't panic attacks after all but a hyperactive adrenal gland. But I'll tell you what. The first time it happened I thought I was either dying of a heart attack or that maybe somebody slipped something in my drink. It's scary for sure.

The problem with that class of drugs (Benzodiazepines) is that eventually you need more and more to reach the same level of affect. They are highly addictive and you can't just stop taking them or you risk serious seizures and severe drops in blood pressure that could be fatal so be careful and follow doctors orders with it.

I got to the point where I was chewing it like candy. So they switched me over to Klonopin. I still take a small maintenance dose of that but it's efffectiveness is not what it once was. I'm actually trying to slowly wean myself off of it. If I'm going to have the feelings anyway then I don't want to be filling my body with some synthetic chemical that isn't really doing much for me.

But I know other people that have been taking the Lorezepam in a small dose for years and it works wonders for them so I guess in part it's an individual thing.

Good luck with it Dark and please keep us posted.
Supporting Companies: Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Fenwick  Shakespeare  Spiderwire

Dark3

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2018, 09:05:30 PM »

Thanks for sharing smallie, I hope to treat the root of the problem or at worst switch over to a daily use type medication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SFL BassHunter

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
« Reply #177 on: June 11, 2018, 10:29:31 AM »

I took Lorazepam for a while. In my case it turned out it wasn't panic attacks after all but a hyperactive adrenal gland. But I'll tell you what. The first time it happened I thought I was either dying of a heart attack or that maybe somebody slipped something in my drink. It's scary for sure.

The problem with that class of drugs (Benzodiazepines) is that eventually you need more and more to reach the same level of affect. They are highly addictive and you can't just stop taking them or you risk serious seizures and severe drops in blood pressure that could be fatal so be careful and follow doctors orders with it.

I got to the point where I was chewing it like candy. So they switched me over to Klonopin. I still take a small maintenance dose of that but it's efffectiveness is not what it once was. I'm actually trying to slowly wean myself off of it. If I'm going to have the feelings anyway then I don't want to be filling my body with some synthetic chemical that isn't really doing much for me.

But I know other people that have been taking the Lorezepam in a small dose for years and it works wonders for them so I guess in part it's an individual thing.

Good luck with it Dark and please keep us posted.

I don't get addicted to things, except food. Interestingly enough, I took a Klonopin my boss gave me one day, he is on that stuff and has been for a long time. Like you said it requires more and more and more. Anyways took the Klonopin and I felt like it made things worse. It got my heart racing, and sent me into a near panic attack. I'll never touch Klonopin again.

My doctor when he proscribed Lorazopam told me it was a daily use type medication. I would take one every morning, did that for 6 months. Made me feel great all day lol.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Dark3

• Ultimate Basser
Healthy Living (stay strong my friends)
« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2018, 10:31:46 AM »

Im going in to see the doc today. They may want to put me on zoloft. I think I may have a form of OCD that is causing this stuff

SFL BassHunter

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2018, 10:35:05 AM »

Lorazepam Side Effects:

Drowsiness, dizziness, loss of coordination, headache, nausea, blurred vision, change in sexual interest/ability, constipation, heartburn, or change in appetite may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.

The change in appetite is the one I need lol. Luckily the other side effects never hit me. I just got the good one.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

• LM Forum Staff
  • Chicago Illinois
« Reply #180 on: June 11, 2018, 04:16:15 PM »

Lorazepam Side Effects:

Drowsiness, dizziness, loss of coordination, headache, nausea, blurred vision, change in sexual interest/ability, constipation, heartburn, or change in appetite may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.

The change in appetite is the one I need lol. Luckily the other side effects never hit me. I just got the good one.

Good for you Rick glad you didn't get them other side effects  ~sweat  I was lucky and didn't get too many of the side effects from my Chemo and radiation treatment. Other than numb feet... loos of appetite..weakness and a few more. I'm still holding my weight at around 191 pounds since I came off the feeding tube about a year ago.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

D.W. Verts

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #181 on: June 11, 2018, 09:35:42 PM »

I'm glad to see that folks are sticking with this.

Very slow improvements on my part, but there are improvements. I'm lifting light weights again several days a week. Trying to get around any injuries due to my lack of physical activity for almost three years. We'll see.

Core work, core work, core work.
I'm just lookin' for clues at the scene of the crime...

SteelHorseCowboy

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #182 on: June 12, 2018, 07:20:46 AM »

Heh... I'm back to my original starting weight and smoking habit.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Dark3

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #183 on: June 12, 2018, 07:24:11 AM »

I'm glad to see that folks are sticking with this.

Very slow improvements on my part, but there are improvements. I'm lifting light weights again several days a week. Trying to get around any injuries due to my lack of physical activity for almost three years. We'll see.

Core work, core work, core work.
Im all about planks. Great if you have lower back issues as to not agrivate it and also strengthens the lower back

Wizard

• Ultimate Basser
  • Deep water angler on highland lakes
« Reply #184 on: June 12, 2018, 08:44:02 AM »

When I retired, I looked like Tarzan. 6'1'' and 240 lbs. of muscle. Ten years, 6 operations, nursing home stays, broken back, yada, yada. Today, 5'8" and 265lbs. I now look like Jackie Gleason. I am fortunate to afford a personal trainer twice a week. She has me able to walk again. I'm losing weight----slowly. I started at 285 over 2 years ago. I use the trainer because she has a degree in how muscles work together. She concentrated on the muscles I needed to walk and keep my balance. The doctors said I wouldn't be able to walk again and I would die within 3 years. My warranty expired last year and I'm still here. My upper body strength is back to my normal and I've lost 10 inches around my waist. DON'T LET PEOPLE TELL YOU YOU'RE SCREWED AND CAN'T GET BETTER!

Wizard

Lipripper

• LM Forum Staff
  • Chicago Illinois
« Reply #185 on: June 12, 2018, 11:01:34 AM »

When I retired, I looked like Tarzan. 6'1'' and 240 lbs. of muscle. Ten years, 6 operations, nursing home stays, broken back, yada, yada. Today, 5'8" and 265lbs. I now look like Jackie Gleason. I am fortunate to afford a personal trainer twice a week. She has me able to walk again. I'm losing weight----slowly. I started at 285 over 2 years ago. I use the trainer because she has a degree in how muscles work together. She concentrated on the muscles I needed to walk and keep my balance. The doctors said I wouldn't be able to walk again and I would die within 3 years. My warranty expired last year and I'm still here. My upper body strength is back to my normal and I've lost 10 inches around my waist. DON'T LET PEOPLE TELL YOU YOU'RE SCREWED AND CAN'T GET BETTER!

Wizard
Good for you Wizard  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

D.W. Verts

• Charter Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #186 on: June 12, 2018, 10:48:00 PM »

I AM screwed. But I'm too hard-headed to give in.
I'm just lookin' for clues at the scene of the crime...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 23 queries.