Healthy Living (stay strong my friends)

Started by SFL BassHunter, December 28, 2017, 02:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smallie_Stalker

I took Lorazepam for a while. In my case it turned out it wasn't panic attacks after all but a hyperactive adrenal gland. But I'll tell you what. The first time it happened I thought I was either dying of a heart attack or that maybe somebody slipped something in my drink. It's scary for sure.

The problem with that class of drugs (Benzodiazepines) is that eventually you need more and more to reach the same level of affect. They are highly addictive and you can't just stop taking them or you risk serious seizures and severe drops in blood pressure that could be fatal so be careful and follow doctors orders with it.

I got to the point where I was chewing it like candy. So they switched me over to Klonopin. I still take a small maintenance dose of that but it's efffectiveness is not what it once was. I'm actually trying to slowly wean myself off of it. If I'm going to have the feelings anyway then I don't want to be filling my body with some synthetic chemical that isn't really doing much for me.

But I know other people that have been taking the Lorezepam in a small dose for years and it works wonders for them so I guess in part it's an individual thing.

Good luck with it Dark and please keep us posted.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Dark3

Thanks for sharing smallie, I hope to treat the root of the problem or at worst switch over to a daily use type medication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on June 08, 2018, 07:41:08 PM
I took Lorazepam for a while. In my case it turned out it wasn't panic attacks after all but a hyperactive adrenal gland. But I'll tell you what. The first time it happened I thought I was either dying of a heart attack or that maybe somebody slipped something in my drink. It's scary for sure.

The problem with that class of drugs (Benzodiazepines) is that eventually you need more and more to reach the same level of affect. They are highly addictive and you can't just stop taking them or you risk serious seizures and severe drops in blood pressure that could be fatal so be careful and follow doctors orders with it.

I got to the point where I was chewing it like candy. So they switched me over to Klonopin. I still take a small maintenance dose of that but it's efffectiveness is not what it once was. I'm actually trying to slowly wean myself off of it. If I'm going to have the feelings anyway then I don't want to be filling my body with some synthetic chemical that isn't really doing much for me.

But I know other people that have been taking the Lorezepam in a small dose for years and it works wonders for them so I guess in part it's an individual thing.

Good luck with it Dark and please keep us posted.

I don't get addicted to things, except food. Interestingly enough, I took a Klonopin my boss gave me one day, he is on that stuff and has been for a long time. Like you said it requires more and more and more. Anyways took the Klonopin and I felt like it made things worse. It got my heart racing, and sent me into a near panic attack. I'll never touch Klonopin again.

My doctor when he proscribed Lorazopam told me it was a daily use type medication. I would take one every morning, did that for 6 months. Made me feel great all day lol.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Dark3

Im going in to see the doc today. They may want to put me on zoloft. I think I may have a form of OCD that is causing this stuff

SFL BassHunter

Lorazepam Side Effects:

Drowsiness, dizziness, loss of coordination, headache, nausea, blurred vision, change in "woops"ual interest/ability, constipation, heartburn, or change in appetite may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.

The change in appetite is the one I need lol. Luckily the other side effects never hit me. I just got the good one.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on June 11, 2018, 10:35:05 AM
Lorazepam Side Effects:

Drowsiness, dizziness, loss of coordination, headache, nausea, blurred vision, change in "woops"ual interest/ability, constipation, heartburn, or change in appetite may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.

The change in appetite is the one I need lol. Luckily the other side effects never hit me. I just got the good one.

Good for you Rick glad you didn't get them other side effects  ~sweat  I was lucky and didn't get too many of the side effects from my Chemo and radiation treatment. Other than numb feet... loos of appetite..weakness and a few more. I'm still holding my weight at around 191 pounds since I came off the feeding tube about a year ago.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

D.W. Verts

I'm glad to see that folks are sticking with this.

Very slow improvements on my part, but there are improvements. I'm lifting light weights again several days a week. Trying to get around any injuries due to my lack of physical activity for almost three years. We'll see.

Core work, core work, core work.
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

SteelHorseCowboy

Heh... I'm back to my original starting weight and smoking habit.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Dark3

Quote from: D.W. Verts on June 11, 2018, 09:35:42 PM
I'm glad to see that folks are sticking with this.

Very slow improvements on my part, but there are improvements. I'm lifting light weights again several days a week. Trying to get around any injuries due to my lack of physical activity for almost three years. We'll see.

Core work, core work, core work.
Im all about planks. Great if you have lower back issues as to not agrivate it and also strengthens the lower back

Wizard

When I retired, I looked like Tarzan. 6'1'' and 240 lbs. of muscle. Ten years, 6 operations, nursing home stays, broken back, yada, yada. Today, 5'8" and 265lbs. I now look like Jackie Gleason. I am fortunate to afford a personal trainer twice a week. She has me able to walk again. I'm losing weight----slowly. I started at 285 over 2 years ago. I use the trainer because she has a degree in how muscles work together. She concentrated on the muscles I needed to walk and keep my balance. The doctors said I wouldn't be able to walk again and I would die within 3 years. My warranty expired last year and I'm still here. My upper body strength is back to my normal and I've lost 10 inches around my waist. DON'T LET PEOPLE TELL YOU YOU'RE SCREWED AND CAN'T GET BETTER!

Wizard

Lipripper

Quote from: Wizard on June 12, 2018, 08:44:02 AM
When I retired, I looked like Tarzan. 6'1'' and 240 lbs. of muscle. Ten years, 6 operations, nursing home stays, broken back, yada, yada. Today, 5'8" and 265lbs. I now look like Jackie Gleason. I am fortunate to afford a personal trainer twice a week. She has me able to walk again. I'm losing weight----slowly. I started at 285 over 2 years ago. I use the trainer because she has a degree in how muscles work together. She concentrated on the muscles I needed to walk and keep my balance. The doctors said I wouldn't be able to walk again and I would die within 3 years. My warranty expired last year and I'm still here. My upper body strength is back to my normal and I've lost 10 inches around my waist. DON'T LET PEOPLE TELL YOU YOU'RE SCREWED AND CAN'T GET BETTER!

Wizard
Good for you Wizard  ~c~ ~c~

D.W. Verts

I AM screwed. But I'm too hard-headed to give in.

D.W. Verts

Hey everyone, wake up.

Summer's tough on folks, no doubt. But I have finally got a weight lifting program in place (watching my back issues closely) and my diet of late has been almost exclusively fruits, grilled chicke & the like. It feels good to be gettin' on with it.

Bigwrench

Well I'm 7 months late but figured d jump in here and see if I can keep up ;)
Currently 304.8 and on my 3rd try to get the weight down now.
  First attempt was the advocare try just before one of the Guntersville rallies , which worked out well and I was down on the 230-240 range. Second attempt was the KETO lifestyle right after they removed my CTLSO device and I had peaked out at 309 which for about 6 weeks went extremely well and I dropped around 35 lbs as long as I stuck to the plan. Now I'm 5 weeks into the VHAs 16 week MOVE program and don't think it's what I was hoping for. So I'm going to try a combination of things and hope for the best. Everyone had the chili dogs last night and I had steamed tilapia with steamed California vegetable medley and water.  Good luck everyone.
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

SFL BassHunter

I fell of the wagon. The wagon then backed up and ran over my legs then dumped a wagon full of pizza in my mouth.

Stress has got me stress eating again. Not Bueno.   :surrender:   :help:
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

I was thinking about this thread and was wondering how everyone was doing. I'm still holding my weight at between 185 to 195 lbs so I'm good with that. I still don't get hungry and have to make myself eat just to keep my weight up. I'm starting to eat a few more things like a little pizza and chicken and fried potatoes. I put Country Bobs sauce on all my meat food like chicken and pork and beef just so I can eat it.

Smallie_Stalker

My BIL gave me a gift certificate to Target last Christmas that has been sitting on my desk cause I generally don't find anything there that I want. But I found some adjustable dumbells that go from 5 to 25 pounds so I got them last week.

Just a week in but I already feel better putting my muscles to work. Trying to eat better but I'm having some trouble there and I still can't kick the soda although I have cut it down and am drinking spring water and green tea the majority of the time.

My doc told me that especially since I'm lifting weights to build muscle to not pay attention to the scale but to pay attention to my waistline. I still have to deal with the weight gain from the med I am taking for my prostate but she says even though I probably can't achieve my goal of getting back to between 180 and 200 pounds I may be able to at least get on the winning side especially if I can drop the soda.

Hang in there guys.

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

the_huber_show

I wasn't around for the beginning of this but 2 years ago I was at 250.  Started running 3-4 days a week and eating cleaner.  Then got into powerlifting and lost a total of 50lbs.  Since Thanksgiving I have slowly put the weight back on.  Got on the scale this morning it showed 240.4lbs.  Started eating cleaner again today and plan on going back to the gym soon.  Just been enjoying the summer but I can't take this belly anymore as it causes me to sleep worse and back pain.
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

Lipripper

Quote from: the_huber_show on July 30, 2018, 11:52:57 AM
I wasn't around for the beginning of this but 2 years ago I was at 250.  Started running 3-4 days a week and eating cleaner.  Then got into powerlifting and lost a total of 50lbs.  Since Thanksgiving I have slowly put the weight back on.  Got on the scale this morning it showed 240.4lbs.  Started eating cleaner again today and plan on going back to the gym soon.  Just been enjoying the summer but I can't take this belly anymore as it causes me to sleep worse and back pain.
Your right about big belly causing back pain. I don't eat clean but as long as I can keep my weight up between 185 and 190 LB I'm happy with that under the circumstances. I eat because I have to not because I'm hungry.

the_huber_show

This eating healthy stuff is for the birds :)

Back to meal prep and getting back on track!

SFL BassHunter

I've completely fallen off the wagon.

Florida Bass Fishing

Wizard

I've lost 30 pounds since January. I want to lose another 20 pounds. That will put me 10 pounds under my working weight. Only problem is, I used to look like Tarzan and now look like Jackie Gleason.

Wizard

the_huber_show

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on October 16, 2018, 09:03:06 AM
I've completely fallen off the wagon.

Get back on!  The key is not giving up and getting back to it

Quote from: Wizard on October 16, 2018, 09:40:43 AM
I've lost 30 pounds since January. I want to lose another 20 pounds. That will put me 10 pounds under my working weight. Only problem is, I used to look like Tarzan and now look like Jackie Gleason.

Wizard

Way to go!!!

Lipripper

I just weighed yesterday and it was 194 lbs so I'm still doing good. Not eating a lot healthy stuff but eat a bowl of Frosted Mini-Wheats every morning and a verity of nuts and pot pies and fish (my Crappie fillets) and french fries and potatoes like I make them out on the grill and ice cream and chicken and steak from time to time. I guess I really need to eat more vegies but not to many of them I like. OH well as long as I can keep my weight up it's all good.

the_huber_show

Quote from: Lipripper on October 16, 2018, 12:48:17 PM
I just weighed yesterday and it was 194 lbs so I'm still doing good. Not eating a lot healthy stuff but eat a bowl of Frosted Mini-Wheats every morning and a verity of nuts and pot pies and fish (my Crappie fillets) and french fries and potatoes like I make them out on the grill and ice cream and chicken and steak from time to time. I guess I really need to eat more vegies but not to many of them I like. OH well as long as I can keep my weight up it's all good.

Whatever works for you!  That's the key is not dieting but lifestyle.  Whatever works in your life and allows you to hit the goals you want