Healthy Living (stay strong my friends)

Started by SFL BassHunter, December 28, 2017, 02:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelHorseCowboy

Every time someone posts to this thread I see a preview pic of my gnarly feet with big numbers between them.

I'm up to 265 now.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on October 16, 2018, 03:12:17 PM
Every time someone posts to this thread I see a preview pic of my gnarly feet with big numbers between them.

I'm up to 265 now.

Quit braggin'!!!  lo

I won't even tell what I weigh but your a skinny guy compared to me. I'm still lifting to build muscle and stretching along with trying to eat healthier. This damn steroid med the docs gave me for the prostate cancer is just keeping the weight packed on.

Of course the amount of sugary soda I still consume in a day doesn't help.  ~shhh ~shhh ~shhh ::)

I'm not giving up though. I'll find a way to get to where I want to be. I lost 89 pounds between the end of 2009 and the spring of 2011. If I can find a way to offset the effects of this med I WILL do it again!!!  ~bb
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on October 16, 2018, 03:12:17 PM

I'm up to 265 now.

If only someone would post a better picture. Lol but yeah I keep seeing your gnarly feet too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

the_huber_show

Just bought more meal prep containers and a new meal prep container lunch bag....time to get strong again and lose some weight!

The other guy I work with starts vacation for 2 weeks Monday.  Once he get's back I'm joining my gym again and starting my powerlifting/strongman routine again
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

Bigwrench

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on October 16, 2018, 03:42:41 PM
Quit braggin'!!!  lo

I won't even tell what I weigh but your a skinny guy compared to me. I'm still lifting to build muscle and stretching along with trying to eat healthier. This damn steroid med the docs gave me for the prostate cancer is just keeping the weight packed on.

Of course the amount of sugary soda I still consume in a day doesn't help.  ~shhh ~shhh ~shhh ::)

I'm not giving up though. I'll find a way to get to where I want to be. I lost 89 pounds between the end of 2009 and the spring of 2011. If I can find a way to offset the effects of this med I WILL do it again!!!  ~bb
I'm having issues with one of my meds also. In the MOVE program at the VA but they are saying it may be one of the meds I take. Been fluctuating a lot but not losing a large amount yet.
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

the_huber_show

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on October 16, 2018, 03:42:41 PM
Quit braggin'!!!  lo

What kind of lifting program are you running?

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: the_huber_show on October 19, 2018, 08:38:42 AM
What kind of lifting program are you running?

Right now it's just dumbells every other day but it's a pretty complete workout. Takes me a about an hour and a half to complete. A few months back I had some gift cards sitting around and I was able to get a set of adjustable dumbells that I like a lot. Just lift the pin and slide it to select the number of plates.

Each dumbell only goes up to 25 pounds though, and I am already doing 3 sets of 15 at the 25 lb max for most exercises. It's good enough for me for now though and not too shabby for an old guy who hasn't worked out in a loooong time.  ~bb

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Bigwrench on October 18, 2018, 09:52:06 PM
I'm having issues with one of my meds also. In the MOVE program at the VA but they are saying it may be one of the meds I take. Been fluctuating a lot but not losing a large amount yet.

Man, I'm sorry I missed you but so glad to see you stop by. I've been praying hard for you brother. Keep at it and try not to let the struggles get you down. How's Tammy Greyson and the rest of the family doing?

Bigwrench

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on October 19, 2018, 03:18:29 PM
Man, I'm sorry I missed you but so glad to see you stop by. I've been praying hard for you brother. Keep at it and try not to let the struggles get you down. How's Tammy Greyson and the rest of the family doing?
Thanks brother.  They are doing great, just hanging in there :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

the_huber_show

First day back to the gym tonight!  Weighed this morning at 255 :(

Time to put in the work and drop this extra 50+ pounds

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: the_huber_show on November 12, 2018, 10:43:20 AM
First day back to the gym tonight!  Weighed this morning at 255 :(

Time to put in the work and drop this extra 50+ pounds
Someone is going to be sore this week. :)

the_huber_show

Quote from: Bassinlou on November 13, 2018, 04:52:32 PM
Someone is going to be sore this week. :)

:surrender: to say the least yes!

Monday I did some light bench work, triceps and some back
Yesterday I did squats and all legs for the first time since May!

I can barrely get out of my chair at work today  ~roflmao

Off day today as I have some stuff todo after work.

Tomorrow - probably deadlift and some biceps
Friday - squat and bench again

I focus on powerlifting with a side of strongman from time to time. 

Ready to get my strength back!

I started my weight loss journey 2 1/2 years ago.  Started at 250 and I would hit the track 3-4 days a week.  With eating right and jogging I lost 30 pounds in about 2 1/2 months.  Then I started lifting again.  When I started I could barely bench 135lbs, squat 185lbs and deadlift was a joke.

Before I stopped back in may I hit my personal best of bench 275lbs, squat 360lbs and deadlift 440lbs

Time to beat all 3 and bust my  ^-^

Capt. BassinLou

I have been following this thread from the beginning since Dec 2017. Watching everyone announce their health goals and how they planned to accomplish these goals is a process that has always intrigued me. I had health and fitness goals of my own as well, but I let that dang "voice" in my head govern my decisions and I ended up committing to 0 health and fitness goals all together.

Fast forward to July 2018 and I had had enough. My Bday into my mid-forties was coming up and I was feeling like an absolute slug. I had to make up my mind and do something, anything, to bring life into my body again.

Then one day, while watching you-tube videos, I came across a video about Intermittent fasting. The topic peaked my interest, so I began watching several more videos and reading up on this topic. The more I read, the "good voice" in my head began to wake up from its slumber and I felt it was time to make a stand and make my change. I began to formulate a plan and decided to challenge myself. The challenge is called the 16/8 challenge. Basically, I do not eat or drink anything that will raise my insulin levels for 16 straight hours. I then have a 6-8 hour window where I eat. After my last meal for the day, which is dinner, I don't eat again for another 16 hour window. Extreme?? Maybe. But, I made up my mind to challenge myself and basically just skip breakfast.
Enter challenge #2. Working out again. But.... working out in a fasted state.  :o Working out in a fasted state  was taboo for me for YEARS. But again, I made up my mind to challenge myself, and began to workout in a fasted state. Working out like this took some time in getting use to but so far so good. I pace myself accordingly and I'm progressing nicely.

So far I'm 6 months into my 16/8 challenge, I'm down 10lbs, and this way of eating has become an unconscious habit for me.  I have stuck to my workout regimen, and I make damn sure to stick to it, regardless of my "moods". So much so, that I worked out this morning already since my workout day fell on Thanksgiving. The "good voice" in my head is overriding that "bad voice" and my 2-3/wk workout days have become non-negotiable.  lo

What's my point.... I was tired of just being tired, and made a real conscious effort to stick to "my" game plan. I'm feeling better now than I have in a really long time, and I plan to ride this out and make some more goal adjustments along the way.

Thanks for reading, and have yourself a Happy Thanksgiving.  ~beer~

D.W. Verts

Good deal Lou. I'm doing the same thing, although not as technical. Hard work & clean livin' is MY plan.
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Deadeye

Good Reading here guys.

I always ran about 175 at my "working weight" and when I stopped due to my back injury I went up to 180-185 and stayed there.

During the Treatment for the Prostate Cancer I began to blow up. Topped out at 215. Been almost 9 weeks since my last Radiation Treatment, but that junk they inserted into me is still there, almost gone but I can still feel it. 

Those treatments caused me to loose all my drive and fatigue was real.

I am starting to regain my life back. Last week I started lifting again with 10 lb weights and doing some basic stuff like curls, over the head, triceps lifts, and leg lunges. I can feel it big time. Eventually I will get to the point where I will go back to my 30 lb weights but for now these 10 lb are doing the job.

I also started last week walking 2.8 mile (ok call it 3 miles), with my dog as she needs to lose some weight too, every other day. Takes me about an hour. The day off I am doing the lifting.

I can already feel the difference. I work for an hour by doing a set, then resting for 4 minutes, then doing the next set. 40 minutes for lifting and then 20 minutes of Crunches.

I plan to keep doing this until I get to the point where it is not enough, then I will join a gym where I can do more.

I have lost 10 lbs since the Radiation treatments stopped, but that happened before I started. Main thing for me is I had applied again for disability due to my back issues and once again was denied. Same line as before I can work as a Sales Person. Ok then, that means I HAVE to get back into good enough shape to be able to withstand working a full day everyday on my feet. Not having any income from my end and solely relying on my wife to work her butt of is going to end. Done playing the Government's Game.

BTW Rick I noticed you had lost weight and looked better at our Classic than you had the year before, keep it up man it's working for you.