Help identify a plug

Started by 97s281_27, January 03, 2018, 07:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

97s281_27

Hello, I just recently bought a 2018 Tracker 190TX and there is a small black plug with 2 o-rings that was in the pouch that had all of my paperwork/manuals/etc in it and I'm unsure what this plug is for. I've attached a picture of the plug so if anyone can help me identify what this plug is for I'd appreciate it.

Bigwrench

Welcome to the family. I am uploading the photo in JPEG format to make it easier for the members to identify the plug. 

Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Bud Kennedy

Looks like a drain plug for a cooler.

Capt. BassinLou

Welcome to UB.

Looking at the picture, its a drain plug that's for sure. Probably a drain plug for the live well or like Bud mentioned a cooler.

Smallie_Stalker

Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Pleasure to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable. 

If you would like to win some free gear from some of the great companies that sponsor our site be sure and put your name in for the New Member's Contest and the Weekly Contests .

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

In the meantime, if you need any help with anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me or any other staff member.

Once again, Welcome!

><> Smallie_Stalker  <><
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on January 03, 2018, 08:23:03 AM
Looks like a drain plug for a cooler.
Quote from: Bassinlou on January 03, 2018, 09:16:00 AM
Welcome to UB.

Looking at the picture, its a drain plug that's for sure. Probably a drain plug for the live well or like Bud mentioned a cooler.

I'd vote for the livewell plug. ~c~
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

97s281_27

I don't believe it is the live well plug but I'll have to double check this weekend (boat is kept under shed at parents house). I'm pretty sure my live well plug was larger and threaded.

analfisherman

Could be wrong but I think it's a 'back up' drain plug.
In case your 'clip drain plug' gets lost or stole or damaged and wont seal plug hole tightly.
Meant to be kept on boat for on water back up emergencies.

That's why it came in the pouch with manuals...it's a emergency 'back up'.
You have a similar but a clip drain plug already at the rear of your boat....inside the rear wall....it has a metal clip that you flick over to tighten plug.

Could be wrong though.
Call dealer where you got the boat from.....they know whats in the pouch.

Your cooler is self draining and live well has a pump out system.
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Oldfart9999

The manuals don't tell you what it's for? Is it the same size as the drain plug?
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Princeton_Man

I know this is talking about a different model Bass Tracker but pay attention at about the 2:22 mark on the timeline. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiLHoGKTvGw&t=1s
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

WTodd

X2 on the live well plug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldfart9999

There you go, still think the manual should tell you what it is.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Thornback

looks like the live well plug. I had a similar with my new 2005 Tracker 175 but it leaked. But it didn't have the two "O" rings. I now use the screw/compression type plug (same as the drain plug) in my live well.

97s281_27

It isn't the livewell plug. My livewell plug is larger and is threaded so this isn't a livewell plug. I called the bass pro I bought boat from and left the tech a message but haven't heard back yet. I will probably go there next Friday and ask them what this plug is for.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: 97s281_27 on January 06, 2018, 09:03:25 AM
It isn't the livewell plug. My livewell plug is larger and is threaded so this isn't a livewell plug. I called the bass pro I bought boat from and left the tech a message but haven't heard back yet. I will probably go there next Friday and ask them what this plug is for.

Thank you for following up, and now that you have me really curious ..  lo Please remember to come back and let us know what that plug is for.  :-*

WTodd

It could be a henweigh....been awhile since I've seen one tho

97s281_27

I just went by Bass Pro and asked the guys in the service dept about the plug and they said it's the plug for a front cooler but my boat didn't come with one so I guess it got put in my package by accident.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: WTodd on January 06, 2018, 05:41:34 PM
It could be a henweigh....been awhile since I've seen one tho

Q: "what's a henweigh?"
A: "Oh, about 3 1/2 pounds"

lo

WTodd

I figured the old farts would get it

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: WTodd on January 12, 2018, 04:44:07 PM
I figured the old farts would get it

Who you callin' old? Them's fightin' words!!!  ~bb   lo

WTodd

I'm only talking about those that reply

jyu87

I have the same boat as you, year and all. I was wondering the same thing but I am not certain till I get out to the boat. However, I am pretty sure it has something to do with plugging up water from getting into the boat. (ie. spare boat plug or plug for the livewell water being pulled in.)

It is not the livewell drain plug.
2018 Tracker 190TX
Mercury 115 ProXS
Lowrance HDS 12 & 9 Gen3

97s281_27

Let me know if you find out what the plug is for

jyu87

2018 Tracker 190TX
Mercury 115 ProXS
Lowrance HDS 12 & 9 Gen3

97s281_27

Thanks, I was told it was for a cooler that my boat didn't come with but if it is needed to keep water out that's something I would need to know so I can put it where it goes.