Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2018 RT 188  (Read 964 times)

LC

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
2018 RT 188
« on: January 03, 2018, 06:44:20 PM »

I'm well into the process of purchasing my 1st new boat (RT188).  As I was reviewing the documents on the boat and motor, I noticed the boat is shown as a 2018 model however the Merc ProXS 115 is a 2017 model.  I understand that the motor is still new but I'm curious to know why it's not a 2018 model?
Due to the motor warranty I don't actually see this as a deal breaker but I would like to know why the boat & motor don't have the same model years. 
As I said in the beginning, this is my first time purchasing a new boat so can anyone let me know if this is this a common occurrence with new boats?

Bigwrench

• CM Community Diplomat
  • "Your Mileage May Vary"
    • Ultimate Bass
Re: 2018 RT 188
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 07:27:32 PM »

Makes you wonder if they had several of last years models lying around or if this is standard practice.
Iíll have to look locally now lol.
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 07:31:06 PM »

I have always thought that outboards were designated by production year and not model year.  Obviously if you already have the boat the motor would have had to be built in 2017.  I believe if you check the SN and Hull number they might be 2018 but built in 2017.

Princeton_Man

• CM Community Diplomat
  • My Mission is goin' fishin'
    • J.Langridge
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 07:53:13 PM »

Bud is kind of on the right track I think. I know we're talking Mercs here, but when I re-powered a few years ago, I learned that BRP no longer designates their ETEC or ETEC G2 motors by model year. The serial numbers do include a date code to indicate the year of manufacture but they don't have 2017 models, 2018 models, etc. All service bulletins, mods, and recall items are supposed to be applied to the motor the time it's rigged.

It makes sense from the manufacturer and retail standpoint. No "last year's models" to deal with and the 10 year warranty starts when the owner takes it home.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Proud Member LSCR Club

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 06:47:02 AM »

It's January 4th, bet the boat, motor and any accessories were built in 2017 like Bud said!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 23 queries.