Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you! Sorry about the wait...

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Lockett Lures Outlet

K9 Fishing Line

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 09 175txw seat posts  (Read 690 times)

djarmy_19

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
09 175txw seat posts
« on: January 06, 2018, 03:06:15 PM »

Help please! I can't get my pedestals out , they are Springfield seat posts. Tried pulling straight up and tried unscrewing but to no avail. Don't want to cut carpet to remove base, what am I doing wrong?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Sandman7925

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Re: 09 175txw seat posts
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 03:15:37 PM »

Spray some kroil in it if you can. Use some large channel locks and unscrew more. Might not have unscrewed enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lipripper

• LM Forum Staff
  • Chicago Illinois
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 03:37:43 PM »

Yelp try what Sandman suggested and would you please stop by here and introduce yourself to everyone.
Let Us Get To Know You

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 04:57:43 PM »

Welcome aboard!!!! Don't forget to try the new members contest, you could win a really nice prize!!! I'm not sure which ones the boat came with but do try get some oil into the base. Let us know how you make out, it could help someone else!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

gatorglenn

• Smallmouth
  • Fishing-#1 Stress Reliever
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 06:48:07 PM »

That year doesnít screw in. When I bought my 06. I had the same problem. The first owner never took it out, under a covered dock. On a lift. It was rusted in. Took a lot of penetrating oil, and a impact hammer. From the bottom, after taking that front section of deck off.

Take the bow panel off. And youíll find I think itís 12 screws in the carpet. Flip it over and a drift punch and hammer should work. Once itís out run a wire pipe cleaner though the base. And sand off the post pin, and your good as new. There is a hose on the bottom for rain water. It will get kinked. In my case. Then water will just sit in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
06 PT 175 TX
Mercury 60 hp

djarmy_19

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 06:54:19 PM »

That year doesnít screw in. When I bought my 06. I had the same problem. The first owner never took it out, under a covered dock. On a lift. It was rusted in. Took a lot of penetrating oil, and a impact hammer. From the bottom, after taking that front section of deck off.

Take the bow panel off. And youíll find I think itís 12 screws in the carpet. Flip it over and a drift punch and hammer should work. Once itís out run a wire pipe cleaner though the base. And sand off the post pin, and your good as new. There is a hose on the bottom for rain water. It will get kinked. In my case. Then water will just sit in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for your response. Soaked it tonight hopefully I can get it out tomorrow. 

WTodd

• Largemouth
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 09:00:21 PM »

After you get it out and cleaned, spray some Alumi-Slick in the hole. Alumi-Slick is for sliding glass door tracks. Available at Home Depot or Lowes

djarmy_19

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 09:13:37 PM »

After you get it out and cleaned, spray some Alumi-Slick in the hole. Alumi-Slick is for sliding glass door tracks. Available at Home Depot or Lowes

Thanks that's a great tip!

WTodd

• Largemouth
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 09:15:33 PM »

No problem; it lasts A LOT longer than WD-40 or alike

SteveTX

• Charter Member
  • The most underestimated bass fisherman on UB - zip
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 10:04:07 PM »

Mine were not stuck but if these are the slip in like mine just a heads up. Once you get the post out.
1. Be very careful not to use anything that will take the material out of the base. If you do keep it very very minimal. You want the post to be fairly snug. Not tight but not loose either or the seat will wobble. A very small amount of play at the base can turn into considerable wobble at seat height.
2. My seat posts made groaning and awkward noises at times when swiveled. I posted somewhere asking about this and was directed to try paraffin. Needless to say paraffin is clean and almost no mess. Much much easier to get a few shavings of wax up than oils. Just clean the post stem that gets inserted into the base. Rub paraffin liberally over the post and insert. Mine has been quiet ever since I did one coating. I like the fact its not oily and doesn't run anywhere. Last its very cheap.  :)

UltimateBass Free Bass Fishing Tourney (IBASS) is for everyone!
Just make an account at UltimateBass.com and follow these simple rules found here
IBASS CLASSIC 2018 3rd place / IBASS 2017 4th place 

djarmy_19

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 10:18:58 PM »

Mine were not stuck but if these are the slip in like mine just a heads up. Once you get the post out.
1. Be very careful not to use anything that will take the material out of the base. If you do keep it very very minimal. You want the post to be fairly snug. Not tight but not loose either or the seat will wobble. A very small amount of play at the base can turn into considerable wobble at seat height.
2. My seat posts made groaning and awkward noises at times when swiveled. I posted somewhere asking about this and was directed to try paraffin. Needless to say paraffin is clean and almost no mess. Much much easier to get a few shavings of wax up than oils. Just clean the post stem that gets inserted into the base. Rub paraffin liberally over the post and insert. Mine has been quiet ever since I did one coating. I like the fact its not oily and doesn't run anywhere. Last its very cheap.  :)
Thanks good tip!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.452 seconds with 23 queries.