2018 TRACKER® Pro Team™ 195 TXW

Started by maypye, October 15, 2017, 07:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maypye

Thinking of trading my 2013 20ft Suntracker Pontoon (60)hp in for this boat but have a few questions and concerns.  Looking at videos on you tube, seems the view is blocked on takeoff.  Also when another boat passes is there serious rocking of the boat?  If the dealer were to add 2 fishing seats up front, when one person gets up , would it make the boat shift to one side?  Any help would be most appreciated.

Oldfart9999

May, welcome to UB, we're glad to have you!! Pull up a chair, grab a cold one and peruse the site, we have a lot to offer!! Post any questions and if we can we'll answer them, post your observations and thoughts. Don't forget to check out the New Members contest, you may win a nice prize.
As far as your view being blocked on take off, it's only for a very few seconds so it's safe unless you have boats very very close to you. The boat is stable, there will be some rocking but unless the boat is putting up a monster wake it won't be bad. I have no answer to your last question. I wish I could afford the boat you're looking at.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Smallie_Stalker

Hey maypye. Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Pleasure to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable.

Wish I had the answers you are looking for. Hopefully someone who does will come along and chime in sometime soon.   

While you are waiting, if you would like to win some free gear from some of the great companies that sponsor our site be sure and put your name in for the New Member's Contest and the Weekly Contests .

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

In the meantime, if you need any help with anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me or any other staff member.

Once again, Welcome!

><> Smallie_Stalker  <><

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

maypye

Thanks for the responses.  Love the boat so will keep researching.

Princeton_Man

The issue you mention on bow rise and the operator's view is true for most bassboats to some extent. A lot of it depends on the trim of the motor, the prop, hp/torque of the motor, weight distribution, and the operator.

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Pondprowlers

Bit late of an answer but heres my input -

i have a 175TXW 2016 which has a beam of 7ft 5in. 195 has a 8ft 2in beam making it fairly wide.

Any bass boat is going to get rocked side to side a bit with a passing wake. While fishing, just be aware and plant your feet well and youll be fine. while driving, it comes down to seat time and learning to drive the water and ride thru someones wake quickly.

Bow rise will be inevitable on any bass boat as stated above. The rise isnt too horrible on the alums and you will lose view for a few seconds, as it starts to come down , start trimming up. itll rise the bow and bit more then itll come down. Quick and easy solution that helps prevent rise, is a Hydrfoil. I added one to my motor and barely nose up anymore. have full view at all times. Which still comes with learning your boat and the motor.

Being that these boats are lighter and sit slightly high up on the water in the front, movement of the fisherman does rock the boat a bit. with a 195 wider beam itll be a bit more stable. but in my 175, if i fish up front and my angler in back is standing off to one side, the boat has a slight lean to it. ( does get annoying to me too )

Frdtrtnfx4

I went from a 2012 Tracker PT175 with a small 60hp mercury on the back to a 2017 PT190 with a 115 mercury on the back and while both boats were 89" wide at the back the added weight of the PT190 made the rocking far less noticeable. I would imagine the PT195 will feel even less tipsy. I honestly wouldn't worry about how stable the boat will be, IMO it will feel very stable.

maypye

Thanks again for both responses....I know that a bass boat will never compare to the width and stability of a 20ft pontoon.  Perhaps a faster pontoon boat is needed.  lo

Lipripper

Quote from: maypye on November 16, 2017, 06:34:37 PM
Thanks again for both responses....I know that a bass boat will never compare to the width and stability of a 20ft pontoon.  Perhaps a faster pontoon boat is needed.  lo
I saw a pontoon boat this summer that had three 300 HP motors on the back of it.  :shocking: Oh and welcome to Ultimate Bass

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SteveTX

Quote from: maypye on November 16, 2017, 06:34:37 PM
Guy I work with added a 3rd pontoon in the center of his then upgraded from a 40 hp to I think its a 150 or 175. Huge difference. He pulls his grand kids on a big tube like 3 of them at a time.  lo Its still no "hotrod" but it will cruise fast enough now (moves the air) its bearable in the summer he says. 

basss

I have a tracker 16 and it feels fine.  The 19 will be just fine.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard